Jonno
Years ago

A naturalised Tucker?

I was watchin HSH and JVG mentioned that Tucker is looking to naturalise and play NBL his wife is from Adealaide aparantly, do people think he is worth signing as a naturalised player, he still seems to have game and would be fun to watch.

It was also mentioned that Ed Millards partner is from Adelaide, i wouldnt mind signing both of those guys.

Also wouldnt mind Daniel Dillon or Threatt Jr as back up pg assuming both are Aussies.

Topic #22710 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Was just about to post exactly that.
(about Tucker)
As a 6/7 point Aussie (he was a 7 pointer as an import, so would he decrease as an Aussie?), he'd be a handy player off the bench for the SF position.
Looking at Herbert and Ng, neither are ball carriers, so he could give us that option when our import PG goes to the bench. Would give us more freedom in our options of the second import as we wouldn't be bound to getting a ball carrier.
He wouldn't have to be anything special, but he'd probably add a bit of maturity and leadership.

Reply #273457 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No way. Ask Cairns, I think the story goes.

Reply #273459 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"maturity and leadership." Just doesn't go with Tucker

Reply #273460 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hell no as an import.

Hell freakin yeah as an Aussie! Would certainly take him as that versatile backup PG. Any chancee'll be naturalised before the new season?

I remember several threads on here about Threatt, he has some flaws but doesn't look at all out of place in HSH.

Dillon would be alright as our U23er, but now that we already have that (DJ) as well as Ninja, Herbie an Hill, no thanks.

Reply #273463 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Not so sure about Tucker. He was always very turnover prone in the old days. Has looked good passing the ball in this tournament and still has some athleticism, but hasn't shown he can shoot, or done anthing exceptional on defence.

Millard is a definite no from me. He's only had one purple patch in the first game where he was able to get out for easy baskets in the open court. Since then he has shown no ability to shoot the jumper and has struggled to get to the basket against decent defence.

Dillon has looked solid and I reckon could be a good guy off the bench. If we hadn't already signed Herbert, I'd say yes. Perhaps there might still be room for him behind Ng if the Sixers chose not to sign Hill?

Interestingly, at the same time as JVG was talking about Tucker and Millard's Adelaide connections, he also mentioned that Cairns are very interested in Jackson. So maybe they will end up signing him.

Reply #273466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No as an import but would be an excellent signing as an Aussie. The guy was an instant triple double in his Wildcats days. I think in just his first season in Perth he ended up 2nd all-time in NBL history for most triple doubles!

There was a serious domestic/drugs situation that happened with Cairns but most of these guys aren't angels and his wife is still with him so.

Reply #273482 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Three teams, three pink slips (except the Tigers didn't have the balls to admit it). The guy is trouble.

Reply #273498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing of consequence happened in Perth or Melbourne but yes there was a serious issue in Cairns.

Reply #273507 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Whats Goulding's status ? That kid can ball...

Reply #273510 | Report this post

HSH  
Years ago

I think both Threatt and Dillon is a lot better than what you guys think. Threatt's jump shot is really not as bad as many think while Dillon is very strong and athletic.

Them two might even be better than those names mentioned. I think tomorrow's game against Ray will be very good indication of where they are.

Reply #273523 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I was under the impression Threatt Jr is an import?
If he's Aussie, he'd be a very handy back-up point guard.

Reply #273542 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Tucker has way to much baggage!

Reply #273545 | Report this post

HSH  
Years ago

i think Threatt Jr can be naturalised?!

i have friends telling me Threatt Jr use to bust up Gibbo at Dragons' training. so i believe he'll be much better than a backup. plus his style of basketball wouldn't really make him a good backup.

Reply #273548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you mean baggies

Reply #273549 | Report this post

Tuckshop  
Years ago

Tucker is about 35 now and to get naturalized it would take at least another 4 years even if he was married to an Australian. SO if you want to wait around and get him at 40 be my guest.

Reply #273552 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vasiljevic used to apparently kick Cattalini's butt at trainings too, but one had a long and successful career including NBL, Europe and the Boomers. Pero's had his brief moments here and there, but I don't know that he's been anywhere near as successful and hasn't ever really been in demand at NBL level.

Reply #273556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind some natural tucker tonight..we're talking about food right?

Reply #273561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker is handy player. He knows the game of basketball and being natrulised he would be a handy bench player for any nbl team.

Reply #273565 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Unfortunately the game of basketball also knows Tucker so I don't think you'll find any team willing to touch him.

Reply #273697 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I dunno about that...I did happen to over hear a certain Sixers SOS member talking to someone about Tucker and if he had cleaned up his ways, stating we would like to talk to him...

Reply #274075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754