Isaac
Years ago

Hawks release Ty McKee due to driving incidents

Today the Wollongong ahm Hawks have announced that American import Tywain McKee will not be returning to the club for the 2010/11 NBL Season.

Due to a number of off court driving related incidents involving Ty spread over several months which have only come to light the past fortnight, Hawks management and Board have decided that Ty's actions do not fit in line with the core values of the organisation and he will not be returning to Wollongong next season.
Full story

Topic #22711 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be happy with him at the Sixers!!

Reply #273467 | Report this post

Nard Dog  
Years ago

Provide him with a driver and sign him ASAP!

Reply #273469 | Report this post

enonymous  
Years ago

Tom Koutsantonis could sponsor him ;)

Reply #273470 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks Anon, I had a bet with a Hawks guy that we'd have some "we should get him!" posts shortly after me posting their announcement!

Reply #273473 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

go get him sixers!

Reply #273475 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

I think he is heading to Tigers but he would be a great fit playing wise.

Reply #273477 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yes yes yes. Will he be fit for round 1?

Reply #273478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad to be of assistance Isaac! :o)

He would be a great acquisition though and would fit Clarkes youth policy! :o)

Reply #273488 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Had he remained fit the Gongers would have won the whole thing. I hope Cairns chase him to replace Mills.

Reply #273540 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

He would suit the Tigers because he probably would fit in with their core values.

Reply #273544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Core values? Pfft Make it happen SOS. This guy had the MVP in the bag until he went down injured.

Anyway DDFan's got a car right? Problem solvered ;)

Reply #273567 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

HAA!!!

Reply #273570 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Very funny EC. And a very good decision by the Hawks, consider the standards they have set themselves this year.

Reply #273587 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In a small community like Wollongong they really had no choice if the incidents were serious in nature.

Reply #273591 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Not good news for Wollongong at all, but I guess they had to take a stand given their community based model of operation.

McKee would surely command some decent money to sign him after his exploits last season? He would be a great pickup for a number of teams as long as he was fully fit.

Reply #273603 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I guess the Hawks can now look to get a player of similar standard as McKee out of college for quite a bit less. I hope they can.

Reply #273615 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think everyone hopes they can too Paul.

Reply #273619 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

Wollongong isn't that small, and the Hawks haven't released what the incidents were, but "multiple incidents over a few months" seem to me like drink driving offences, especially seeing as he couldn't play or even train.

If it is that serious that the Hawks had to release him, good luck getting a working visa...

Reply #273635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just an update on Ty's record, there was at least three incidents, one low range drink driving, one driving whilst suspended and a third that the Hawks werent at liberty to disclose, which hints at an ongoing investigation, or a charge that hasn't been finalised

Reply #273784 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754