Isaac
Years ago

Attend HSH games for free? Find out how

The High Stakes Hoops tournament has been a bold experiment. Interesting games, unforeseen levels of live Australian basketball coverage on TV, and rule modifications.

It's not without its flaws, but the two-pronged criticism of crowds and ticket prices has been addressed today.

Just spoke with tournament organiser JVG and he's offering free entry today to the first 150 people who use the code "Footlocker" at the ticket booth. If you miss out, entry has been halved from the original $30ish ticket price to $14.95.

There are two semi finals today. Doors open at 3pm with the first game at 3:45pm:

3:45 pm Rays v Rush
5:45 pm Fleet v Coasters

For the locals who haven't been paying much attention, the Fleet are Brett Maher's team, coached by Ken Cole and including Willie Farley and Luke Schenscher. All four teams include new imports you might not have seen before and familiar NBL faces. The standard of the games has been decent and the games are at Brett Maher Court, at the Dome.

The deciding Grand Final will be held on Sunday, so if you can't get away from work quick enough this evening, definitely try to get to the final game.

As a very good backup plan, all games are live on OneHD with commentary by Carfino, Woods, Rillie, Ronaldson, Bruton and other classic NBL names.

Topic #22722 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Any idea if the code applies to Sunday too Isaac?

Reply #273627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you bought tickets ages ago from a proticket outlet for the full $30 do you get a discount??

Reply #273637 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip - No (well, not at this stage), but I suspect that Sunday games could be discounted to $15 also. Hopefully we can get 150+ through the door for tonight's game!

Anon - not sure. I'd contact ECB or talk to Proticket when you get there. I don't think there would be hundreds impacted as I doubt pre-sales were too high. I'm sure they could deal with those on a case-by-case basis.

Reply #273640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt think so and not seriously bothered anyway just seems funny that I supported this thing as much one person possibly can by buying tickets for every day and now end up paying twice as much as everyone else for last 2 days. But there are bigger problems with the HSH which they need to sort out so I'll wear this one.

Reply #273642 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sunday's game could be a belter, with a decent cash prize up for grabs both teams are going to be playing super hard, might have to get myself down there now that my Grandpa's 92nd has been cancelled after a gastro outbreak at the nursing home.

Reply #273644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woops Isaac I accidentally read your "No (well, not at this stage)" comment as directed to me. Thanks for that I will talk to the ProTicket people when I get there. The fact that tickets stated off at $30 is ridiculous as its a made for TV event but as I just wanted to support this event as much as possible I bought tickets for every day anyway. The money is coming from TV so why not just make tickets super cheap and fill the dome (or atleast the lower section) so it looks better on TV!

Reply #273649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

glad to see they are finally catching on now

Reply #273650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, if it were me (and it's easy to say this not having organised it all!), I'd refund all the pre-sold tickets for Friday and Sunday to thank those that supported the idea with pre-sales from the beginning.

Reply #273653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great idea, hope this brings people in...

Reply #273654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope the HSH people are uncharacteristically logicial about it and think the same way you do. It would be silly of them to not provide decent customer service to the few people that are going thats for sure.

Reply #273657 | Report this post

Dodge Taylor  
Years ago

Anon, ECB are definitely not trying to screw over loyal supporters. We're just working on getting the most people there that we can. Don't worry about talking to Proticket, find JVG or myself (his assistant) at the game and we'll work something out for you. Maybe e-mail me your name so I know who you are.

Skip, Billi and co ... we're probably going to do something similar for Sunday's game so stay tuned and thanks for your support.

Reply #273672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dodge, i'd be happy to email you with my name. whats your email address?

Reply #273679 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Congrats to the organisers.... acting as required, rather than just ignoring things.

Also congrats to Anon, who took the possible loss in VERY good grace, when it wouldve been easy to have an internet dummy spit.

Once again congrats to all who are behind the concept, a great idea, which i hope grows in the future.

Reply #273681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks mate. and im sure it will grow in the future if everyone remains positive and the organisers learn from this and make the required changes to get more people at the dome and talking about the event.

Reply #273683 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh agreed, good work organisers and not just with this ticketing business but with the event in general, i hope its been just as big of a success as you were expecting if not more. and if anything please bring this back next year too, its awesome having some form of basketball in the off season. And if anything please do keep it in adelaide

Reply #273688 | Report this post

Dodge Taylor  
Years ago

[email protected]

Thanks Isaac for your comments and assistance. I know there has been a lot of criticism over the last few weeks but please keep in mind this is the first ever tournament, its come together in a relatively short of period of time and we've had a lot of obstacles to overcome (no comment on the politics).

We have and will learn a lot from the event that we will use to make the next one even better.

Reply #273689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm getting a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" message for ?"[email protected]"

Reply #273694 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good work Dodge and JVG. Thanks for putting the tournament on. Even with the teething problems it has been great seeing good quality hoops on FTA tv again.

Do it again here next year!

Reply #273696 | Report this post

Dodge Taylor  
Years ago

Reply #273698 | Report this post

Dodge Taylor  
Years ago

Sorry, just realised i messed up that first e-mail address. It should be: [email protected]

Reply #273701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

done

Reply #273705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know a few people who are watching this tournament and aussie basketball on TV for the first time in a long time and they're hooked. Well done to all those involved.

Like I said when this tournament was first announced it would be a good thing for the NBL and since then the NBL have scored the FTA TV deal with One HD and a lot of NBA followers through this will start watching the NBL again now that it's back on FTA.

Reply #273765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats great and im sure the same thing will happen to many more people now that aussie basketball is back in the public eye

Reply #273783 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754