Cath
Years ago

Lightning Signings for next season

Anyone have any news of lightning signings for next season? Have heard that most of the team are not interested in playing with the Lightning next season, apart from Marino of course.

Topic #22726 | Report this topic

piriepanthers  
Years ago

I was told Francis not wanting to re-sign and Abby Bishop was interested in returning to her home state, but wasn't approached and now has a nice pay packet under her wing with an outclause for Euriope with the Rangers.

I thought with Breheny signing on as coach it would bring some girls home (or staying), but I think what's occurred over the years that Merino has been owner - people are scared to come to Adelaide.

Reply #273669 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Why would any female players be enticed by Breheny?

Reply #273670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More players will stay than people think. Alot of there roster might not get games with others clubs. Options are, stay and play, or dont play at all

Reply #273676 | Report this post

piriepanthers  
Years ago

His enthusiasm will be high, has a Strong Basketball Back ground, Great Player in his day, has heaps of coaching experience and is local.

When a male coach/influence takes the helm of a Women's team trainings tend to be harder increasing physicality and fitness.

IMO, he's a good signing, but with no players... Time will tell.

Reply #273682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754