shano
Years ago

Ratzch on 36ers radar

so says channel 10.. i remember reading on here early last week that he was no good for nbl, a sate league player at best..but I think he really improved as the week went on and I would not be shattered if he signs. He is a really hard worker and has a solid if not spectacular game. WOuld people like him to sign? We should talk to Homicide as well, though I think he may head to the Kings.

Topic #22784 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not for mine. Okish player, BUT considering who we have signed so far, need to throw some cash at a big time scorer at this point. If he was good enough, wouldnt he have already been on NBL radars last season?

Reply #274331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sign tywain mcgee up also ratzch.

DJ/Ben allen
Ballinger/Hill
Holmes/Ratzch
Ng/Herbert
Mcgee/Dillon

Reply #274332 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Hill at the 4?
Did you mean Holmes?

Reply #274334 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Does anybody have any stats or info on Kevin Ratzch?

Reply #274335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner, it's called google! ;)

---------------------
"sign tywain mcgee up also ratzch.

DJ/Ben allen
Ballinger/Hill
Holmes/Ratzch
Ng/Herbert
Mcgee/Dillon"

-It's McKee, not McGee.
-This is a better lineup with those players
Johnson/Allen
Ballinger/Holmes
Ratzch/Hill
Herbert/Ng
McKee/Dillon

Reply #274339 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If the 6ers sign him, and he totally sucks, we can change his name to Ratzshit...

Reply #274352 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Daniel Dillon will be a Tiger the say..I'd be pumped if we get McKee dont care if he cant drive on the road, he can play! Get him and a decent sf. Whats Mottram up to these days, he would be a great back up big man for mine.

Reply #274355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you dont care that mckee got done for repeated drink driving offenses? Speeding/red lights are one thing drink driving is another totally.

Reply #274357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we should get that bennet davidson bloke who looks like matt barnes, he was doing 360s in warmups

Reply #274358 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Brett Rainbow used to do 360s in warm ups too.

Reply #274362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought hill was better in the 4 spot a hsh.Ng better starter then herbert. Ratzch is a sixth man coming of the bench he would be more effective and silently pulling down good numbers.

Reply #274365 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

This is all crazy.... Ratzch, Hill, Ng as peoples options? This might as well be the ABA for quality oh yeah Herbert to. Lets resign a SG who cant hit a jumpshot all last season.

Great

Reply #274371 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

We might as well sign Burdon and Gerlach as the imports

Reply #274372 | Report this post

bear the 2nd  
Years ago

I think Ratszch is a good option for SF but only if he is relatively cheap and we can still get a 7-10 point Australian player at PG, SG or C. I can see him being the answer to our well documented weakness at SF defensively but we still haven't signed guys that are going to give us points.

We still have several glaring needs including a scoring 1-2 import and a solid C/PF to back Johnson and Balls in a good 3 man rotation. I'd prefer a good defensive player as this is the weakness in this position and I don't think Ben Allen helps in that regard.

If we could get Bruce back, even though he is not great, he does have an upside and can fill the PG spot to distribute to a scoring import 1-2 player.

I don't mind the Holmes signing to play back-up SF and PF but we really need to start getting some new blood or it will be same old team.

Reply #274378 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Didnt know it was drink driving anonymous- is this factg? i havent read that anywhere, youd wana get ur facts straight-or is that why you are anonymous?

Reply #274379 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

My wish for the past 3 years have been to get Bobby Jones a lockdown defender as an import.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=ITA&PlayerID=52641

James White wouldn't be bad as well...

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=RUS&PlayerID=35650

Reply #274388 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Shano - heard of Google. A simple search unearth an article in the Illawarra Mercury, dated 9th April. The important part is copied below:

But when it seemed certain McKee would be a driving force in steering the Hawks towards the semi-finals and beyond, the talented point guard sustained a devastating season-ending back injury, relegating him to the sidelines.

All that was left for McKee to do was recuperate.

But just weeks after suffering the injury and unbeknown to Hawks management, McKee was involved in the first of a series of serious driving-related incidents, the first occurring in early January with the second following soon after. The Mercury understands his first offence was for low-range drink-driving and the subsequent traffic incidents involved driving while suspended because of the initial offence.

The club was not informed of the player's brushes with the law.

While behind the wheel of a Hawks-owned vehicle in the early hours of March 23, McKee committed a third serious driving offence, details of which the club's management said they were not prepared to release.

Again McKee did not inform the club of his indiscretion.

Later that day, the same day he was due to fly out of the country to visit his homeland, a fan alerted Hawks management to the American's off-court antics.

Hawks CEO Wayne Morris would not elaborate on the nature of the driving offences, only that they were serious enough to be heard and dealt with in court.

Reply #274390 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Shano - heard of Google. A simple search unearth an article in the Illawarra Mercury, dated 9th April. The important part is copied below:

But when it seemed certain McKee would be a driving force in steering the Hawks towards the semi-finals and beyond, the talented point guard sustained a devastating season-ending back injury, relegating him to the sidelines.

All that was left for McKee to do was recuperate.

But just weeks after suffering the injury and unbeknown to Hawks management, McKee was involved in the first of a series of serious driving-related incidents, the first occurring in early January with the second following soon after. The Mercury understands his first offence was for low-range drink-driving and the subsequent traffic incidents involved driving while suspended because of the initial offence.

While behind the wheel of a Hawks-owned vehicle in the early hours of March 23, McKee committed a third serious driving offence, details of which the club's management said they were not prepared to release.

Later that day, the same day he was due to fly out of the country to visit his homeland, a fan alerted Hawks management to the American's off-court antics.

Hawks CEO Wayne Morris would not elaborate on the nature of the driving offences, only that they were serious enough to be heard and dealt with in court.

Reply #274391 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Reply #274392 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Sorry, can the multiple posts be deleted please

Reply #274393 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Yes of heard of google...yes ive heard of google...yes ive heard of google...yes ive heard of google...but i really couldnt be stuffed, especially when you so kindly did it for me..cheers ushiro

Reply #274398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys have noooooo idea

Reply #274403 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754