North
Centrals
Forestville
Sturt
West

Reply #25760 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Thats very good Bumble Bee you can copy a schedule .. Care to tip any team ?

Reply #25761 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Men
North
Centrals
Forestville
Norwood
West

Women
South
Southern
Eastern
Norwood
West

Reply #25762 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think Bumble Bee was asking for predictions. Nothing wrong with that.

Mens

North to avenge loss to the Baby Warriors and beat South

Centrals to win the battle of the outer suburbs.

Eastern to fight hard all night, but be over-run by height across the floor. Newley/Mottram/Dix to combine for 90 points

West to show they have some young guns too, and bring Woodville back to earth.

Reply #25763 | Report this post

Bumble Bee  
Years ago

Ok skyhook, heres the perfect tips for this week!

Mens

North (Will always bounce back after a shock loss.)

Centrals (Also will bounce back to defeate the winless tigers)

Forestville (If Newley plays will be sure winners every week.)

Sturt (Should be a closer game than expected with Norwoods aggressive style of play.)

Woodville (Well what can I say, if they can beat a full strengthed North they can beat West.)

Women

South
Southern
Forestville
Sturt
West

Reply #25776 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Women  North v South

Top for the ladder clash with both team un-defeated after round 2. South have had wins over lowly ranked Centrals and Southern and find themselves this week against a more credible opposition. Early form from Lil Keane, Kristi Ollino and Tania Dhu will give headaches to the South coaching staff. North by 15.

Centrals v Southern

This looks to be the battle of the wooden spoon. Centrals improved against Norwood last week and should go into this game trying to build on some confidence. Southern need to protect the ball more then the previous week, with a massive 34 turnovers against South. Simone will give the Centrals forwards a hard time with last week scoring 9 and pulling in 10 rebounds. If Janelle Ridley can repeat last week performance of 10 boards and Traci Dawbar with 18 points, they could pull in there first win of the season. Still, Southern to win by 9 points.

Easterns v Forestville

For Eastern to have any show in beating Easterns they must improve on the 20% shooting percentage then last week. Rookie Cayla Francis is showing the way with the scoring but will need more support if Easterns are going to have any chance. The Eagles defences pressure with be too much for Easterns. If Forestville maintains the 40% shooing as per last week, Easterns could be in for a long night. Forestville by 29.

Norwood Vs Sturt

Women's match of the Round. Melissa Marsh and Melissa Winfield top scored last week for the Flames and have shown early season form. Sturt last week did not have a single player to reach double figure either in scoring or on the boards. The back court of Norwood could be the weakest link and Sturts aggressive defence could be the difference in this one. Sturt by 5.

West Vs Woodville

West are winless this season but have faced two tough opponents in the early rounds. West have a greater depth then previous years and could take sometime to adjust to the new coaching style. Erin Seward, Irene Sourlatzis, Kamala Lamshed all in double figure could provide Woodville with too many options to guard. Nerrida Cooper has given the Bearcats added depth in the front court. Woodville come back to earth after a lesson from the Rockets in Rd 2. Woodville have showen that they are a better team then 2004, with Joddie Barratt and Shannon Gates showing some light for the Warriors. West by 21.

Men - North Vs South

Fire works could fly in this game with Simon against his old team mates. North will be looking to make up for last weeks performance. Nathan Hawkes had a quite game to his standard last week and could be the different between the two sides. Daniel Kosmider had 12 points and 10 assista last week and his influence on this game will cause a problem for the Rockets. With the South getting 5 player sin double figures last week and North doing the same, this could be another close game for the Rockets. In an upset, South by 4.

Centrals Vs Southern

Southern have started the season 0-2 and this week and lose another, it could make for a difficult season ahead. Southern Brad Gerlach and Josh Wood combined for 52 of the 93 points last week and will need more support from the likes of Luke Hoban and Matthew Clarke. Southern will need more consistency through out the game to have a chance to get a win against the Lions. Jye Watson will cause Southern some trouble at both ends of the floor. Centrals shot at only 36%, but pulled in 26 offensive rebounds in last weeks game and if Southern can keep them off the glass, could provide an away win for the Tigers. Cetnrals, by 9.

Eastern Vs Forestville

If the rumours are true, then Eastern will be not looking forward to Brad Newley suiting up in his first game for the Eagles. Not only will they have to stop Brad, but also Jason Dix and Brad Sullivan have also been turning over the score board. Last week the Eagles pulled in 61 rebounds and this alone should be enough headaches for the Easterns front court. The Easterns team has surprised early this year with solid perforamances with out Jacob Holems, with Davis, Campbell and Becis given the Easterns fans some hope for the 2005 season. This game could be won on the boards. Forestville by 19.

Norwood Vs Sturt

Sturt and one of only two who are yet to lose a game this season. Sturts depth should test every side this season and should see them deep into the business end of the season. Forman, Ng, Bauer, Shepherd and Gower all hit double figures last week and Norwood's defence will be stretched to the limit trying to contain all these players. Norwood on the other hand had Krause, Foster, Thompson and Lomman in double figures and Norwood's bench last week provided 57 of 110 points. This should be an outstanding game and the one to watch in Rd 3. Sturt by 11.

West Vs Woodville

The battle of the Western Suburbs will see two teams at opposite ends of the table. Woodville have early form and have shocked the Central conference with many prediction this team to finish near the wooden spoon. West will have some nightmares if Zane Reeves produces the form he found last week against the Rockets. Woodville's turnover where kept last week to a low 13 showing the value the Warriors have for the ball. West young guns will be out to post a win this season, but they rely on the guidance of Paul Bell and Shane Crothers. West also showed last week that they can play against a strong side and could sneak behind the guard of the Warriors. Woodville in another close one, 3 pts.

Reply #25786 | Report this post

theadvertiser  
Years ago

good write up Rite ! you make some good sense there!

Reply #25793 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Correction in the Eatersn v Forestviile game. For Eastern to have a show in beating Forestville

Reply #25820 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Rite.... u have no idea what your talking about Centrals Destoryed south in the first round of the seasnon and to say they are fighting for the wooden spoon is a joke .. ill be surprised if they dont make the finals

Reply #25838 | Report this post

The Lie  
Years ago

truth, rite was talking about Centrals women though mate. He actually tipped the Lions men to beat southern.

Reply #25839 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

My bad , really should have read it better , I apolgise... Rite .. Just sick of people showing no respect to our team just coz there centrals

Reply #25841 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Truth. No probs. I think Glenn is doing nothing but good with Centrals womens and the men could be finals bound.
I am just trying to write an article give a true showing of what might happen. Did not include the Rd 1 and 2 preview.

Reply #25857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pual bell was shut down by adam miller in the reserves game i saw. if he had a left hand he might actually be dangerous. woodville will win easily

Reply #25861 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

rite, caught up with an eagles baller today, without saying who it was, he did say he was suiting this weekend (paperwork pending) and i can tell you his brother is an Australian middle/long distance runner. you do the math... i feel sorry for eastern. Dix, Newley and mottr....i mean mystrey player.

Reply #25869 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was there any truth to the rumour that Neil's suiting was possibly hampered by insurance issues of some sort?

I think he's still contracted to the Tigers for another year and surely they'd hate to see him injured again?

It's good to have more talent in the league, but I feel sorry for all opposing teams!

Reply #25876 | Report this post

What a great game Sturt v For. would be .. with all the Nbl experience.
Awesome

Reply #25889 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Was just about to write the same thing Isaac. I had heard that Forestville couldn't afford to pay his insurance (who am I kidding!), as the premium was pretty high due to his recent injuries. Heard he wasn't suiting at all, but seems as though the Dr has some inside knowledge!

Reply #25895 | Report this post

Hey Panther .. are you guys gonna beat North this week ?? Or does old man McKay scare you ?

Reply #25905 | Report this post

off the ball  
Years ago

I can't wait for the after game report, South love the bump and grind game - will North let the antics go on during the game or will they step in and help their import

Reply #25906 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I would doubt very much they would step in and help him out. We're not going to try and solely target Simon, but let me just add, there's no friends once you step on to that court.
We'll definately be giving them a run for their money. We've got a bit of confidence after last week and we think we can jump on them early.
Obviously their coaching staff can't be too good at scouting as I saw them out at the Southern vs Woodville game and heard they played a great game against them....

Reply #25909 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Heard that Rowe and Jarman have run out of all elbow pads and shoulder protectors... seems the South and North guys are already ready for the clash of the flying arms and shoulders!!

Reply #25920 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's on, like Donkey Kong...

Reply #25933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754