Isaac
Years ago

Woodville vs North

Match-ups? Tips? Previous contests?

My tip: Woodville by 15. Reggie to keep Hawkes quiet. Hambour unable to contain the Warrior big men alone. Top scorer: Bradley.

Topic #228 | Report this topic

4dafans  
Years ago

North by 12.
6 wins in a row at present... make that 7.
All depends whether the Warriors play team basketball...or not.

Reply #1633 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well, in my burst of bias before I need to put on the hat of impartiality for Saturday night, Warriors by 12+.

Absolutely cleaned North up not that many weeks ago.

Hopefully plenty of calls of "Woodville 32 shot made" and "Woodville 44 rebound" to be made :).

Reply #1650 | Report this post

North are rolling along nicely, Hawkes & McKay providing key veteran playoff leadership.
Hambour will need to be agressive & active inside and importantly not get into early foul trouble.

The Warriors match up better, especially Whitmore guarding the smaller Groves.

Warriors on paper have significantly better offensive talent, with any player down to the 8th capable of getting 20+.

The bigger court suits the Warriors high octane offense and North defensively will find it hard to cover the full court.

Tracy York's scouting has almost become a compulsive disorder & the rumour goes that they have even scouted where North get their snags for their sausage sizzles.

With the Warriors 2 easy wins during the year you would have to expect North to have a totally diffferent game plan going into Saturday night, but will it work?

If V'berg & Hawkes again nullify each other out then North will need someone to fill that void and I can't see it happening this week.

Warriors by 13.

Reply #1683 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whoever is going to this game on Saturday, come up and say hi, put a face to the names :)

I might even put in an appearance at the after game function for a change.

Reply #1686 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Warriors by 10ish...expect a close one though, it's about time some of North's young brigade had a breakout game, and if they do, Woodville will be in trouble. Norwood demonstrated 4 weeks ago to everyone how to beat these guys, wonder if anyone will listen?

Also wonder if they'll let their 20s play against me tomorrow night!

Reply #1775 | Report this post

4dafans  
Years ago

The 20s will not be playing tomorrow night....

Reply #1811 | Report this post

woods b y 8  
Years ago

do you think it will be in the back of the minds of the woodville players that if they win on sat nite and move straight into the final then they will have played 1 game in 4 weeks leading up to the gf. Their opposition gf opponent will be licking their lips knowing that woodville wont be game ready. of course it does give wville a bit more time to stop whinging at each other and work out who , other than darren, might get a shot on the team

Reply #1848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very astute woods by 8. You've finally worked out why the other clubs let Woodville finish top.

Reply #1850 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

It's the weekend!
Woo Hoo!

I'm giving a hot tip!

Althought it pains me to say it!

Good luck to the woodies!

They have it in the Bag!

Reply #1853 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

j bags, the bag is not yet sealed.

Reply #1866 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

But is it open?

Reply #1868 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

yeh Darren is getting all of the shots, you need to check the stats a little more Graves has been killing over their last 2 games, 30 to knock out the Eagles and 27 more last night to send North back to hillcrest, Ng is shooting the ball at 50% why wouldnt he keep shooting, EB grabbed another double double, Reggie had Nathans number again, Puds and Whitmore were quiet, but hey lets keep bagging the deapest team ever to play in this comp. You have to be there before you can win it and they are.

Reply #1903 | Report this post

Smooth Criminal  
Years ago

Tah Tah!! S Vidmar is one angry man.... rumoured he is one hairy individual too!!

Grrrrr......

Reply #1907 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754