SKYHOOK
Years ago

Best dunker in the ABL?

Who would,in your opinion, be the best dunker in the ABL(central)? and Why?

(current players only- inj. ok too)

Topic #2280 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Oscar looked good against West.

Mike McKay gets my vote.

Reply #25772 | Report this post

theadvertiser  
Years ago

Mike McKay couldn't jump over a newspaper..!!

good call on Oscar tho'

Reply #25773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What dunks have there been so far? We should keep a record of dunks during the season. Oscar had three against West, and a tip-dunk against Eastern. I think Gower had one against Eastern.

Hambour had one in the first round. Any other dunks of note?

Reply #25774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Hardiman's tip dunk in his 4 mins of ABL v Woodville was pretty good - over a few players too

Reply #25789 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Agreed on Hardimans. He may yet prove to be an exciting dunker.

Oscar would be the standout for me. Has the height and athleticism to do some pretty nice dunks.

Heard Hambours' put-back dunk was pretty tasty in round 1.

Dont rule out guys like Pilkington, Thompson and Krause. These guys have all thrown down some big dunks in their time.

But their is one dunker who i think stands out... Plays for the Mavs men, or at least has recently. Name is Ahmed and man can he jump!

any other suggestions people?

Reply #25795 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

Its gotta be Thompson, without a doubt! Crazy power dunks off no steps. Kinda like Billie Fykes but not as regular.

Reply #25796 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Thompson is a 'mad' dunker agreed !!
All those 'calf raises' have paid off...

Reply #25799 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

Calf Raises?

Reply #25802 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Caof raises at the Gym, an exercise to build up your calf muscles.

Reply #25804 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

That wont give you Thompsons hops!

Reply #25805 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

foster at norwood as a surprise packet

Reply #25807 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

If he plays, expect Brad Newley to throw down some spice and from the same flock of Eagles but representing the old balls, Cam Wood. Not sure how he goes these days but he has done some nasty alley-op dunks in his time.

Worst non-dunking big man would have to be Simon Kent. For a guy who is 6'10 he sure does a lotta layups.

Other honourable mentions would be;
Josh Wood, Jason Williams, Bronson Kies and Joe Ingles.

Reply #25808 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Don't be surprised to see Joe Mencel getting a mention this year this guy is a gun and if he looks like he's gonna dunk get out of the way!

Reply #25811 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Reply #25812 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

There was a mention of Simon Kent. This point is very true Blue Collar but Scott Whitmore would have to take the cake on big blokes that can't jump. This guy has the jump of an elephant in quicksand.

Reply #25814 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

chump?

Reply #25817 | Report this post

Leaper  
Years ago

Calf raises are a great way to develop meat axe legs. Do Plyos.

Reply #25819 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

ke?

Reply #25822 | Report this post

Riley  
Years ago

I'll never forget Mottroms one hander over Truslove a couple years ago...hope to see some more of that this year!

Sutton can definately get up too!

Reply #25825 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Plyos?

Reply #25827 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

ZANEO!

Reply #25828 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

if kb suits i'd say him!! or oscar

Reply #25853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Matt Hardiman's tip dunk in his 4 mins of ABL v Woodville was pretty good - over a few players too"

lol

worst tip dunk ever he like grabbed the ring only. injured himself too which made it all the more humerous

Reply #25859 | Report this post

dmac  
Years ago

What about Derek Mcdonald, son of Darryl. He has already had multiple dunks this season, and a massive tip in dunk over a NW Tasmania guy. Massive hops that bloke

Reply #25863 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Although he may not have the most variation, Eastern's Trebilcock is the 'biggest' or 'heaviest' dunker in the ABL!

Reply #25866 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Did anyone see the Trebilcock dunk over Blake T at Port Adelaide? He threw it down two hands and then slapped the backboard two hands. The west bench went all quiet. If he can do something like that again he is a chance

Reply #25883 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Dmac, how can you post about yourself? At least change your name!

Reply #25892 | Report this post

scott whitmore  
Years ago

Scooby Doo you are a goose, get scrappy and choke on those snacks of yours. My dunk over Marcel at Athol Park will go down as one of the best dunks even seen in this state, it had it all, speed, power, the scream and punching of the air afterwards, plus the made foul shot to convert the 3 point play.
You should be more concerned about prisoner of gravity Terry Harvey his excuse for an attempted dunk on Tuesday night with fresh legs has kept me awake at night for the last 4 days, what was he thinking, when they release the ABA bloopers DVD this year he will be the star performer.

Reply #25898 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

No doubt you would've been showing your guns after Scotty!

Reply #25899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cop that terry harvey....haha...very funny....thank you scott whitmore for making my morning.

Reply #25903 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

As a prisoner of gravity myself I cant provide too much analysis on the vertical leap but I can say I think the whole court just stopped and stood there in awe. The reaction to Terrys muffed stuff was as funny as the the dunk itself. He has copped a fair bit of flack this week.

In Terrys defense Terry can get up there OK though he had a pretty good vertical leap when we did testing earlier in the year that would be up there.

Reply #25907 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

old school baller 'andy purgatz' had some mean dunks. hasn't been seen in a few seasons, but that kid could get some serious air.

Reply #25997 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Purgaz was a very good player but I never saw him with super hops.

Reply #26010 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

every pre-game warm-up he would turn it on!

Reply #26079 | Report this post

lion tamer  
Years ago

There is a big tall guy in the eastern team, we have nicked named him "best warm up guy in the ABL" he can throw down, been around for a while, stint at norwood I believe.

Reply #26176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be Craig Tonks. He is a good shooter as well. Have never understood why he didnt kick on.

Reply #26177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hardiman can sky and i am fly. I am Matt Hardiman and I live in AMERICA because it is better than auatralia.

Reply #53533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754