aussieboomers4eva
Years ago

Matt Nielsen: Eurocup Result

If there was any doubt that Nielsen would be one of the first selected for this year's Boomers WC squad, he has eliminated it with a sublime performance during the Eurocup tournament, culminating in his Valencia team winning the final and himself being named MVP. With this win, Valencia have booked themselves a place in next season's Euroleague tournament.

Congratulations Matt.

http://linky.com.au/ioxof

http://linky.com.au/2ci3b

(Mod: Updated title.)

Topic #22802 | Report this topic

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Sorry,Linkys didn't quite work out, taking you to the front page of the ACB website rather than the specific pages of interest, but you should see the appropriate article links from there.

Reply #274535 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

In other Spanish/Australian basketball news, Joe Ingles has kept his CB Granada team in the hunt for a playoff berth with a decisive performance in their away victory over Manresa Suzuki 68-72.

Joe top scored with 20pts(2-4 2pt, 4-9 3pt, 4-8 FT) 8 boards and 2 assists.

Reply #274540 | Report this post

BbAll fan  
Years ago

Best 4 man we have great work Matt well deserved

Reply #274543 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Thanks for putting the spoiler alert on while naming the thread "Valencia win Eurocup".

Reply #274548 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great win and great performance yet again by Nielsen.

Further reinforces his importance to the Boomers as a leader and glue-type player.

Great to see Ingles playing well, but also worth noting that David Barlow's Spanish Division 2 team has done enough to be promoted to the ACB (Division 1) for next season. Barlow has been instrumental in helping his team Zaragosa to promotion and he is contracted to play again there next season.

Reply #274550 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Sorry billo, mea culpa. But if you didn't want to know the result, perhaps you should not be visiting these types of boards in the twelve or so hours between the end of the match and the delayed telecast. If it wasn't me it would have been someone else.

Reply #274562 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Thanks to Isaac for amending the thread title.

Reply #274563 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I wasn't going to watch it anyway, I just thought it was funny that you'd gone to the trouble of warning us it was a spoiler while simultaniously spoiling the game for anyone planning on watching it!

I also don't think forum readers should need to avoid the site for 12-14 after every low interest match they may plan on watching later. Sure, if you've taped a Sixers game you should expect a thread titled "Ninnis SUCKS AGAIN" but not for a Euro match.

Reply #274585 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

I'm not saying they should have to avoid the site, just that if they don't, there is every chance that someone there may make a noobish mistake, as I did, and spoil it for you.

Reply #274593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754