hereschenes
Years ago

Argentina vs Boomers in Adelaide

World No.1 Argentina will play against the Boomers at Brett Maher Court on June 29 as part of a three-game international men's basketball series.

The Adelaide Test will be the series decider with games in Perth and Melbourne on June 25 and 27 respectively and an essential part of both teams' preparation for the world championship in Turkey in August.

Australia will be without injured NBA star Andrew Bogut but Basketball Australia is hopeful San Antonio Spurs wizard Manu Ginobli will spearhead Argentina, which has taken the world No.1 ranking away from the sport's superpower US.
Story here.

Sorry if I've missed this in a thread elsewhere, but this is awesome! I'll be stoked if even just a few out of Ginobili, Scola, Nocioni etc. turn up.

Topic #22812 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Nice! Thought it was a bit optomistic suggesting the "decider" would be played here though, more like the "let's see if we can avoid a whitewash".

Reply #274775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exciting news! hopefully some promotion gets thrown behind the series with a team of this calibre touring.

Reply #274776 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Awesome news!

Reply #274777 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

when do tickets go on sales?

Reply #274778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wats this argentina vs australia

Reply #274780 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Excellent, that will be a must see, and on any view will be an improved opponent to watch than Iran was.

Reply #274785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So will one hd be broadcasting all 3 games because im 99% sure that they have the international boomers games right. If so thats exciting especially if the likes of ginobili, scola, nocioni and delfino come out, facing against mills, jawai, andersen, nielson, ingles and barlow.

Reply #274802 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll be definitely going. Be brilliant if Manu and the other guys come out Vs our talent.

Hopefully Jawai and Mills come to town.

When do the tickets go on sale so we can lock our seats in?

Reply #274809 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Awesome. One HD will jump on that. That's something to look fwd too & crack out the cold bourbon cans!

Reply #274813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25th is a friday night hopefully one has got the broadcast, looking forward to kick the feet up on the louge and get into the TED's watching some great talented basketballers. Nate will be jammin on scola and oberto's face (Lookin forward to hearing carfino saying that).

Reply #274820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should sign richie benaud to the commentary team

Reply #274824 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Awesome! Hope One HD show all 3 games to!

Reply #274828 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Maybe they will show it on 10 instead who knows.

Reply #274831 | Report this post

tsp  
Years ago

should be great should be a hugh crowd if the nbaers come down under

Reply #274836 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

This will sellout... without a doubt.

Hey that rhymes.

Reply #274839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow you can rhyme might have a future job on play school for you. But i agree it will be a sellout.

Reply #274852 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Richie Benaud would have been pretty funny back when Brett Maher was a Boomer. "Mahervellous" would have had a whole new ring to it.

Reply #274856 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I'll be spreading the word as much as I can. I'd love to see 6000+ people there, as there's going to be some great talent on display.

Reply #274872 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Anyone know where tickets are through and when they go on sale?

Reply #274879 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Tickets will be through PROticket would be my thoughts, as they have the contract for the Dome.

Reply #274882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate to be negative about this but just don't buy tickets expecting to see the likes of Manu & Scola. If those guys play, great but after tough NBA seasons a three game series in Australia months out from the actual WC's I doubt it, especially in Manu's case. Just my experience on past Boomers series at the Dome over the last 15 years or so.

I suspect One HD will show this series as they now have the rights to local Boomers/Opals games but unless I'm mistaken I think Fox have the rights to the WC's.

Reply #274894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

luis scola always plays in these kind of tournaments, and who cares if two of their players dont play, THEYRE THE NUMBER 1 TEAM IN THE WORLD

Reply #274902 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Boti confirms today Manu is out. Scola & the rest fo teh Nab ers are still undecided. Hopefully Mills ^ big Nate are able to play

Reply #274905 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

^ Teh article.

Shame about Manu, but if even a couple of the names mentioned turn up it'll still be awesome. Besides, I've seen enough left-handed lay-ups from Ricky Grace at the BMC to imagine what it would look like if Manu was out there.

Reply #274933 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

anyone know when tix go on sale?
Won't miss this game!

Reply #275007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

June 1 (BA website)

Reply #275020 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Has to be better than watching the Canadian national team all those years ago. If nothing else its a good chance to see another nation play and watch some of our international guys we don't get to see week in week out.

Reply #275026 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

June 1 via the BA web-site is the chosen date.

Maybe they've said it late as given it's closer to the dates, the NBA players for Argentina will committ to the national team more and increase the interest Down Under. A small thought and theory.

Either way I'm buying 2 tickets and ensuring I have a seat and hoping Adelaide sells out the brilliant Dome.

Reply #275247 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

IMO it is unlikely to be a sell out by any measure. The Iran game against the Boomers B-team attracted maybe 1,000 - 1,500? I think something in the range of 4,500 to 5,000 people at the game would be an excellent result if it is properly marketed.

Reply #275260 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Manu Ginobili is not playing this tourney and not the WC's either...

Link: http://linky.com.au/k5477

Reply #275370 | Report this post

Cambo  
Years ago

Lets hope it's a different marketing crowd to the High Stakes hoops fiasco.

Reply #275551 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754