clarky
Years ago

Rumour: Schenscher to Crocs

According to gaze.com.au writer Daniel Eade has heard from sources that former Adelaide 36er Luke Schenscher will be joining the Townsville Crocodiles for NBL season 2010/11.

@DanielEade: BREAKING NEWS: Luke Schenscher signs with Townsville Crocodiles. (Unconfirmed at the moment)

With Luke apparently asking for $20,000 a month, I am not sure if this is a good signing as I think that is too much of a price to pay.

It will be interesting to see if this signing becomes official, or if it stays as just a rumour.

Topic #22814 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

possibly the reason behind releasing homicide?

Reply #274884 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They had an Import centre at the Tigers - Hodge out Hodge in . Ballinger likely a tiger . Rose in and others rumours.

Reply #274886 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Every year every player seems to play for a different team. The NBL is dumb.

Reply #274895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hows it the nbl's fault?

Reply #274903 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I agree, how is it the NBL's fault - the points cap trys to rewward loyalty from what I understand

Reply #274909 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Red and green should never be seen

Reply #274915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard on the back of this signing that they have agreed to terms with Ben Allen too. If so a front court of Hinder, Schenscher and Allen would be pretty strong

Reply #274916 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Just on the topic of Big Luke I was watching White Lady Saves The Day (aka The Blindside) last night and in one of the scenes someone is watching college hoops on the tele, for a split second there's shot of the wild mane of Adelaide's tallest export, then several seconds later the back of a singlet with the letter "ensch" clearly visible.

I checked IMDB and he's not credited.

Reply #274920 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billo, I saw it a week or two ago and spotted Luke in that scene too. Next step, Hollywood.

Reply #274925 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

We are working on getting him a talking role in basically any movie that will have him....sadly no call backs yet haha

Reply #274929 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Lets just hope he doesnt die in any of these acting roles and if he does, make sure Moses doesnt start a thread about it ;)

Reply #274932 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's amusing that Luke and Ben Allen are both likely to end up in Townsville given that Allen spat ice at Luke in that post-HSH incident.

Reply #274934 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Missed that Isaac, what was the incident?

Reply #274935 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I was thinking the same thing Isaac. I'm sure both players are "big" enough to bury the hatchet...

Reply #274937 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke isn't really the 'hold a grudge' type, I just thought it was an amusing coincidence.

DB5, nothing major. They were out after HSH and supposedly Shanahan rookie-dared Allen to spit ice on Luke, Luke wanted to know WTF it was for, tipped a drink on Shanahan who got kicked out. Then Luke tried to get him back in. Something like that.

Reply #274944 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac, actually I did hear that one, just forgot who was involved. lol really.

So I am assuming we miss out on Allen?

Reply #274952 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

i heard Allen was fielding an offer from the Wildcats aswell!

Reply #274954 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Ben Allen just signed with the Crocs! Scratch my last post!

Reply #274955 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

On Crocs TV they link Luke Schenscher to New Zealand. Any truth in that rumor

Reply #274956 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

no

Reply #274957 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NZ went after Schenscher last year. Not sure why they would want Luke and Alex Pledger though.

Reply #274976 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

HO, the points cap encourages loyalty from team management but doesn't encourage loyalty from players. They don't care what their point total is, they follow the cash, and understandably so. It enables teams to more eaisly retain its players but if the cash isn't there it makes no difference.

The only thing that will stop the constant switching of players is a system like the NBA has, where teams can offer more money to their own players regardless of the salary cap. But that's the difference between having a soft cap (like the NBA) and a hard cap (like the NBL.)

But I totally understand why this can't be implemented in the NBL. No policy should encourage teams to overspend in a climate where teams drop in and out of the competition every year and the league is struggling to just stay alive.

Doesn't mean it doesn't frustrate me though. I think it does hurt the league a little because I think it makes it harder for fans to becomeconnected with their team and stay connected. But like I said, I understand why it is the way it is.

Reply #275010 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Players should understand that they're more valuable when they have those loyalty bonuses, though only barely.

Reply #275043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754