That is best possible team.

Reply #275773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sean Marks?

Reply #275774 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Sean Marks must not be good enough for the new zealand team!

Reply #275778 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Marks, Cameron, Vukona, Penney, Dickel
Pledger, Bradshaw, Abercrombie, Jones, Henare, Rickert, Tait

Pretty good team, but of course there is a possibility that 5 of those guys wont be available.

If they could manage:

Marks, Bradshaw, Vukona, Penney, Dickel
Pledger, Rickert, Abercrombie, Jones, Tait, Anthony, Webster

they would be a competitive outfit in Turkey.

Reply #275783 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Sean Marks has said that he has retired from international basketball. Nenad Vucinic along with Pero and Kirk Penney tried to get him to come out of retirement for the World Champs, and news from BBNZ said he was weighing it up.
Since then I haven't heard anything. Safe to say he won't be there. Dissappointing for us.
Also I reckon the starting lineup will be:

Tait
Penney
Abercrombie
Rickert
Pledger

Rememeber against the Boomers last year, Pledger had 16 and 6 in the first game followed by 15 points and 13 rebounds. Also in Europe he played fantastic; He scored a gamewinner Layup over there and had 8 rebounds and 5 points against DJ Mbenga..allowing DJ to score just 15.

Reply #275795 | Report this post

King James  
Years ago

MACDUB though i cant imagine Bradshaw not starting, I do like that starting line up. I think rickert and pledger would be a solid big man combo, just looking purely at numbers they are easily the best two big men in the NZNBL...With rickert being the better scorer and a solid rebounder and pledger suprisingly being a far superior rebounder and shot blocker/defensive presence, while also being a handy offensive player...I think they would compliment each other well, and you definately cant argue with penney, abercrombie and tait. Though vukona and bradshaw would probably start I would have no problem at all with MACDUBs starting five

Reply #275807 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Thought Marks became a US citizen not so long ago?

Reply #275817 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Marks/Pledger
Rickert/Bradshaw
Abercrombie/Vukona
Penney/Jones
Dickel/Henare

Pg is where the issues are Tait is inconsistent, Fitchett is average ish, Dickel and Henare have been around for years and both represent a good pair of hands and can both play D, it's just that neither of them can really score. Has Jones retired from international Bball?

Reply #275832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marks has retired from international bball.

Reply #275852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boucher is also retired and he is there assistant coach

Reply #275866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754