Stateman
Years ago

Make your State Champs predictions

Anybody want to go out on limb with early predictions
U 20 Men STURT
u18 Men Mavs
U16 Men Sturt
as confident as i can be
curious how Country teams are regarded limestone have solid record should a pro / rel system be considered and where is 3 missing teams in under 20 thought had 10 Clubs only 7 in pools

Topic #22869 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

U12 Boys State will be Norwood without a doubt.
U14 Boys State should be Sturt. If they don't get it, then something is wrong. Sturt-Eastern Magpies GF.
U16 Boys State - my tip is Feagles
U18 Boys Should be the Eastern Magpies
U20 Men - Sturt should get it.

U12G - Feagles
U14G - Feagles
U16G - Feagles
U18G - Feagles to be tipped out by Norwood
U21W - Norwood

Reply #275819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturts under 20's got beaten by forrestville Tuesday night, both teams full strength, amazingly all 3 of the other games in that competition were draws

Reply #275820 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

From 2009:
State points

Sturt 23
Mavs 8
Eagles 7
West 5
North 3
South 3

No points
Lions
Tigers
Warriors

Reply #275821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

under21w south have notlost a game all season

Reply #275823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forrestville might win overall state this year. Norwood or Sturt runners up? Interesting!

Reply #275837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with you Jack except I think Eagle to get U18 girls.

Biggest certainty - Norwood U12 boys - get the trophy engraved now though personally I think Sturt will do better at the classics!

Reply #275853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt have beaten Forestville in two GFs in Under 16 Girls.

Plus Eagles best player is injured isn't she? I think Sturt will break the Eagles girls domination and win the 16s.

Reply #275861 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

Southern Tigers to be very strong in 21 div 1

Reply #275863 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Eastern "Magpies"?

Jack is that a subtle dig I sense?

or just a mistake?

Reply #275906 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Have a guess.....

Reply #275915 | Report this post

Anonymust  
Years ago

Good to see that NABC are at full strength and should clean up !!!!!

Reply #275921 | Report this post

Demons  
Years ago

12 boys - Norwood slight faves over Sturt. Close games recently
14 boys - Sturt over Mavs
16 boys - Sturt over Eagles
18 boys - Mavs & Southern/Sturt for 2nd
20 boys - Sturt over Eagles

12 girls - Forestville over ?
14 girls - Pretty open but I'll go Forestville over North
16 girls - Sturt over Forestville
18 girls - Eastern over someone. Depends how many Sturt girls play and who is injured
21 girls - hard to say, depends on who lines up.

Think Sturt will get boys, Forestville likely to get girls, I'd say Sturt will win overall.

Reply #275979 | Report this post

juno93  
Years ago

18 boys - Southern not even close to 2nd. Mavs over Sturt or Norwood.

Reply #275991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes NABC is at full strength - pity their juniors are representing other clubs!!

Reply #276135 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

i'll go with "no-more-idea-than-a-goat subtle dig" then...

Reply #276200 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

18 boys - sturt to win. Mavs have kids at formals and playing footy over the weekend. Southern not up there anymore.

Reply #276207 | Report this post

Triton 15  
Years ago

BOYS- 12s Norwood comfortably over maybe Sturt
14s E Mavs over Sturt
16s E Mavs over Tigers
18s E Mavs over ?
20s Sturt over ?
GIRLS 12s Eagles over Sturt
14s Eagles over Sturt
16s Sturt over ?
18s E Mavs maybe
21s Raffle it
Think there might be some upsets, some teams have injury/availability problems and some could be a trifle overconfident.

Reply #276423 | Report this post

Triton 15  
Years ago

Ooops 16boys- Eagles over Sturt

Reply #276426 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

I saw a club out filming the opposition last week... are you allowed to film juniors and is this a common practice for a club to scout for state champs?

Reply #276429 | Report this post

phobos12  
Years ago

filthymexican, it happens all the time.

Reply #276435 | Report this post

dog 35  
Years ago

Whether Mavs have kids away or not in the U/18 boys I don't think they'll beat Sturt if Sturt play the team game and don't play through just a few select players.

Reply #276440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats the go with Mount Gambier in 16 girls? I heard they were ranked 1st???

Reply #276444 | Report this post

phobos12  
Years ago

dog35 - Mavs have been too good for Sturt all year, why do you think State Champs will be different?

If Mavs are at full strength, I predict Mavs just over Sturt, Norwood just behind them both, and maybe Southern 4th. The way the pools have ended up, it has to be either South or Southern.

If Mavs do have players missing, then Sturt over Mavs.

Reply #276449 | Report this post

dog 35  
Years ago

Phobos 12 the answer is that Sturt have never had a full complement of players or have had regular coach missing when they have played Mavericks.

Reply #276533 | Report this post

Triton 15  
Years ago

I agree with dog35 first answer, Sturt boys can have eyesight problems in the front half of the court, u14s could also come a cropper because of this. Thats why im leaning to Mavs.

Reply #276534 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Dog35

Sturt coaches only have eyes for 2 darlings in 18 boys. Mavs should sh... in if they can get over the selfish nature of some of its players now. They need to play as a team again, not hero's trying to shoot 20 plus points each, believe some players not happy and losing interest due to that.

Reply #276538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Mavs crew must be quite worried about Sturt in 18 boys - look at them unload!! At least they appear to have gotten past their Southern issues....for now.
I wonder when "anon" will pretend to be a Sturt rep again?

Whilst Mavs would and should be favourites (and should win), it wouldn't suprise me if Sturt, Southern or Norwood (definitely dark horses who won it in 16s) won.

Reply #276569 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

sturt by far and away the best team in 18s winning the final by 36 over south and norwood smashed an absoloutley dismal eastern mavericks team who were a massive disappointment all weekend.
Congrats to sturt

Reply #277419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done South U18B to get to that GF undefeated and down players.Sturt just had too many talls for south which made the difference in the end.South needed to have an excellent shooting game to combat the sturt talls but had used them all up for the game that matter.

Reply #277431 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Hear what you say man of the moment and congrats to sturt in 18 boys. Mavs had a real dip at them in semi despite not having 2 starters in what was a great game. Mavs gave them 11-0 start which proved too much to peg back in the end. A game between the teams at full strength would be a gr8 spectacle. But that is what carnivals are about - making the most of your opportunities. Well done sth as well for making the final and to all teams in all grades that won.

Reply #277434 | Report this post

charon  
Years ago

Anon so how do you explain Norwood demolishing Mavs this afternoon? I believe Norwood were also without one starter, and still won by 20+.

Reply #277446 | Report this post

LOL  
Years ago

Don't you mean "how do you explain Norwood beating SA Country this afternooon".

Not sure if this is a worse inditement on SA Country of Mavs.

I mean if a State team can't win the classics it should be questioned. But they didn't even make the finals of a State Champs. And managed to lose 3 games.
WOW...

Reply #277456 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Maybe this group of Mav kids has continually under achieved since under 12's - Make no mistake with their point guard and 3 man who where missing they are a totally different team. Norwood played well in the run and gun they play so good on them. The morning sturt game took the wind out of them as it was a great effort - sturt should have won by 20. This grade is really even and you don't have to be einstein to realize you need everything going for you to win. Sturt did and good luck to them.They know how to play this carnival. It looks like the Mavs kids don't know how to win when the opportunity presents itself. They lost the unloseable against south in minor games which changes the scenarios. Move on.

Reply #277465 | Report this post

victorian  
Years ago

Charon

Don't get too carried away Norwood 18 boys tricky run and gun style won't get them too far in the classics where you have to play defence and be accountable. Nwd need to learn to be a little humble after all you only came third. Did sturt beat you by 30 ?

R U a girl or a boy with a name like that ?

Reply #277466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754