kb24
Years ago

Fussing over hodge

Interesting its bloody about time the truth got out...2nd may 2010 the sunday mail
yes hodge acting irresponsibly but what he did appears to be a reaction to what happened to him rather than an action against the 6ers and their fans...

Topic #22888 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Two pages in the middle of the Sunday Mail.
They'd have spare pages if Hodge doesn't play NBL, this Summer (He sure gets a lotta media - He was only here for 6 weeks that Season - But what a 6 weeks.)

Reply #276060 | Report this post

sharon  
Years ago

Everytime Julius opens his mouth his story changes. We're not exactly dealing with a road scholar here people. I'm a bit sick of the whole issue and am sure he probably loves the press, but it makes basketball again look amateur.

Reply #276064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhodes scolar

Reply #276065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops, Rhodes Scholar

Reply #276066 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Might get a few more reads on 'popular basketball forum hoops.com.au'
Guess Who hadn't read here about the issue.

Reply #276067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how people keep having a go at hodge, is he the one facing fraud charges, he signed a contract, he was supposed to get paid, he didn't, he walked, I would have too

Reply #276071 | Report this post

susan  
Years ago

If he didn't get paid, why did he have to pay back the club $55K?

One thing we all know is that you can't take what he says as gospel.

On a side note....wonder where that $55K is now? Did it go back to the MH or CF?

Reply #276072 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It was an interesting article.

Stomping on the signature was arguably the action of a grossly immature, attention seeking person. However, one cannot deny the basketball talent bottled up in the player. He went from Messiah to Naughty Boy with the flip of a coin.

So, bearing all that in mind, should the Sixers remotely consider giving him a second chance?

I think I know the answer to my question......

Reply #276073 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

no way he will get a 2nd chance here, just on the stomp alone.

Reply #276076 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems they won't - even though they are looking for Imports at PG and SF.

Reply #276077 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

He is a talent but from what you hear around the traps, not a team personality, though i think he is a team player in that he makes others better, just the other crap makes him a pain in the backsind. He can flat out play though, i dont think anyones denies that.

Reply #276078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius Hodge interview from last week in the US.

Technician: If you had to pinpoint one aspect of it, what would you say was your favorite thing about your college days?

Hodge: One thing about Raleigh that I loved the most... Can I say the women? No, I'm just playing. My fiancée won’t love me if I say that.

Technician: Do you still have your eye on the NBA?

Hodge: The NBA is most definitely still my number one goal. It makes me cringe sometimes, seeing some of the guys on the court that I know that if they were in front of me on the basketball court, that I would be able to turn them inside out.

http://www.technicianonline.com/sports/q-a-with-julius-hodge-1.2245661

Reply #276081 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

To be fair, Hodge apparently only had to pay monies back after Hemmerling and presumably Fuss had to go scratching around to find it. The story at the time was that, in a sign of good faith, the Sixers paid Hodge to the end of the season, nothwithstanding they had no obligation to do that. Apparently it was after this that Hodge was a no show to a game (which still doesn't really stack up). So really it is still as clear as mud.

One thing that is clearer is that if payments were coming from a third party, Mal and Bauer could have been passing on information to Hodge in good faith about when he would have his money from a third party who may not have been entirely reliable.

Reply #276083 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

LMAO!

Road scholar..gold!

Reply #276085 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

if only hodge's fiancee knew that he wasnt joking in that interview, he would be mince meat if she knew what he got up to. not gonna go into details but his room when he was in adelaide said it all

Reply #276093 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Doubt the 55k would go back to the charitable funds. The money was taken under the assumption is was "his" funding and not cash obtained through Fraud.

Fuss would have to replace the funds from his own cash as the Sixers can't be blamed unless evidence links the club to knowing the money was scammed before they took it.

As for Hodge, anything is possible with him playing in Adelaide again. From his perspective, he'd expect an apology and probably double the money he received before (probably upfront for half of it) so he doesn't risk falling into the same contract issue again.

From the fans perspective, he'd have to avoid any form of media comments during his stint, hope like hell his playing level impressed the fans enough to warrant ignoring the stomp; and more importantly would need to have a looong chat with his teammates and explain his what's and why's for walking out.

Reply #276103 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Obviously chasing payment from Dec14 - "That's it for me. I can't do this anymore."
Getting paid early Jan - "There was no repairing my relationship with the club."

Reply #276116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers aren't stupid enough to go down the Hodge route again.

Reply #276145 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I loved to watch him drive to the basket though ;)

Reply #276147 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I guess he did turn a lotta guys - that were ahead of him on the court,here - inside out.

There's a lot in the article.
(Maher Schenscher Ballinger Bruce and Hodge on good salaries, E.G.)

Reply #276156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should have asked what Hodge's favorite thing about Adelaide was... would probably be the young girls he tried to work on!

plus, why would you sign a guy who was having his own team mates at HSH yelling at AL to have him benched in the last game?

Reply #276181 | Report this post

BRETT MAHER  
Years ago

HODGE FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply #276196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754