Boomertown
Years ago

Rumour: Cunningham rumoured signing for Lightning

I have heard today that Adelaide Lightening are looking to sign Caitlin Cunnigham, I do not believe this is a very good signing for the lightening as it is simply signing a second tier player who will not move the team up the ladder at all.

The Lightening better be hoping to get a bloody good import to sign with them if they are to be any type of contender.

Topic #22915 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 bloody good imports!!!

Possibly 3 anyone?

Reply #276484 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The "Lightning" perhaps?

Reply #276490 | Report this post

ranga  
Years ago

I think u'll find caitlin has already signed with logan. Been speaking with them since mid last season.

Reply #276493 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Perhaps "Lightening" may be more appropriate as it looks very likely that they will be light on for talent next season.

Reply #276498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what your saying Ushiro is that Bhrenno needs to buy a few tanning beds, to slow/stop the lightening..?

Reply #276503 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Had a look at SA born players on last years WNBL rosters and if the Lightning did what Bulleen did last year and concentrated on mainly local talent, it is possible in theory to put up a quite competitive team. Bear in mind though some are older now and not at their prime

A front line of Cayla Francis and Abby Bishop with backup from Tracy Beatty and Cherie Smith. The guard/small forward group would include Kristen Veal, Tess Madgen, Mia Newley and Rachel Flanagan. Whilst not actually born in SA, Angela Marino has spent most of her life in SA so could be consider a local for the purpose of the exercise. Perhaps add Jo Hill to round out the 10 and it would be a reasonable team but light on in the 3 spot.

Now if Erin Phillips and Laura Summerton came home, it would make the hometown team even stronger.

Reply #276504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't the real problem that nobody seems to want to play for them ?

Reply #276539 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

And the best young player in the State has signed with Bulleen

Reply #276540 | Report this post

wam soosnam  
Years ago

I think you mean Bendigo?

The cheque books gunna get another hammering this year!! LOL

Reply #276543 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think Cayla went to Logan. Didn't she.
While the Lightning falls into smithereens.

Reply #276545 | Report this post

Ganymede 33  
Years ago

Why people do not understand ? Would it be your preference to play in a club owned by the father of an average player ?

Reply #276548 | Report this post

expresso  
Years ago

she would be a waste of time.

more interested in being an emo.

we need 3 big imports - at least.

Former dropped bench wnbl players will hardly be our answer.

Reply #276834 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

You might have the wrong Cunningham here. I think it's Caitlin's sister Tegan who is coming to Adelaide from the US

Reply #283136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754