LC
Years ago

Bogut named to All-NBA 3rd Team

Andrew Bogut has finally garnered some serious recognition by being named to the NBA's 3rd best team following the 2009/10 season.

NBA.com link: http://linky.com.au/voqr1

FIRST TEAM
Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (122) 610
Forward Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City (107) 579
Center Dwight Howard, Orlando (122) 610
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (119) 604
Guard Dwyane Wade, Miami (81) 520

SECOND TEAM
Forward Carmelo Anthony, Denver (9) 321
Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (10) 356
Center Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix (2) 239
Guard Steve Nash, Phoenix (24) 366
Guard Deron Williams, Utah (14) 343

THIRD TEAM
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio -- 125
Forward Pau Gasol, L.A. Lakers -- 94
Center Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee -- 149
Guard Joe Johnson, Atlanta -- 118
Guard Brandon Roy, Portland -- 87

I still think Bogut should have been ahead of Amare Stoudemire but at least he was placed ahead of the next best 'centre' in David Lee according to the votes. Interesting to note that Bogut had the most votes out of anyone on the all-NBA 3rd team...

(Mod: Combined thedoctor's thread into here.)

Topic #22921 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Guys like Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo and Carlos Boozer missed placed in the teams as well. Who was the most unlucky to miss out?

Reply #276555 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Fantastic achievement from Bogut. Great to have the recognition from the league. This should see his chances of an all-star appearance next season improve.

Reply #276557 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

LC - you say those guys are unlucky to miss out. i agree. but who do you take out to make room? the only one i see who i would replace is rondo/rose with roy

what would you have done?

Reply #276558 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Those teams need no changing they were the best players,

So really talented players missed out but you cant put them ahead of these player after the performance this season

I love the look of the NBA first team, Imagine that lining up against the boomers at the world champs

The second coming of the Dream Team!

Reply #276560 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm not saying you take anyone out ro that anyone was not worthy of being named - I just stated they were unlucky and asked as to whom was the most unlucky out of that lot! For what it's worth, I think Bosh was the unlucky one...

Reply #276562 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That's a great result for Bogut, had a feeling he might have missed out after being shunned in the all defensive team so it's great to see him in there, particularly getting more votes than Duncan and Pau.

Reply #276563 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Beginning to wonder if Humpa is still alive? Not quite a bust if you're listed as one of the best centres in the league, beaten out by an MVP candidate and someone who probably plays mostly at PF.

Reply #276572 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Haha Isaac, but in his defence, at least Humpa uses his own tag when he's hating instead of posting hate anonymously. The Ater Majok thread, for one, comes to mind.

Reply #276576 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Even Tyreke Evans could be considered unluck not to be in the third team. Possibly not considered due to lack of team success? every member of the All-NBA teams are on playoff rosters.

Reply #276578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rondo had better season then roy.

Reply #276587 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Bogut should have been on the 2nd team. He WAS the 2nd best Centre in the league behind Howard in all aspects. I hate it when a dedicated PF like Amare gets moved into a different group to accomodate the likes of Nowitski.

Pick one or the other and move the other guy down to the 3rd team.

The Bogut/Jennings combo worked a treat this year. Bucks need to retain their starters; promte Illoysova over Mbah-a-Moute and palm of Michael Redd and Charlie Bell. Gadzuric needs to go and be replaced by a legitimate backup to Bogut.

Gortat anyone? (I wish).

Reply #276602 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Those three guys account for $30 million of their salary next season alone and yet all 3 are dead wood. However after next season, the Bucks can wipe them off their books. So realistically, they are just 1 more season away from being able to go after some decent free agents in the off-season.

Reply #276607 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Bogut should be in the 2nd team ahead of Amare.

Bogut was the 2nd best centre in the league after Howard.

Still good to see him recognised though, just should have been that little bit higher.

Reply #276610 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Excellent recognition of Bogut's achievements. I was really looking forward to the Bucks giving the playoffs a shake before his injury. They still did well to take the series to 7, but would have gone at least to the semis with Bogut.

Reply #276611 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I hate it when a dedicated PF like Amare gets moved into a different group to accomodate the likes of Nowitski.

Pick one or the other and move the other guy down to the 3rd team.

I'm pretty sure it's all done on media votes so the teams end up how they end up. The third team had Duncan, Gasol and Bogut, basically 3 centres, if you put Amare down there it's still not going to be right.

Forum favourite Bill Simmons' solution was to put Duncan into 2nd team C, Amar'e into 3rd team C, bring Boozer into 3rd team F and leave Bogut out altogether.

Reply #276621 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Big Marty, I agree. And let's not forget that Duncan was the C in the All-D 2nd team, yet here he's listed as a forward. It should be one or the other, not switching positions to suit different teams. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

But good to see Bogut get some recognition anyway, especially after he was left off (snubbed) of the defensive teams.

Reply #276631 | Report this post

Lachie  
Years ago

Simmons' solution doesn't make any sense at all.
First, he says that his problem is that Duncan is a centre, not a forward. Ok, fair enough.

Then, why on earth is the solution to order the "centres" Duncan, Stoudemire, Bogut???
If you're moving Duncan to the 2nd team because he's a centre, then you can't have Stoudemire be the centre on the 3rd team - he got more votes.

There's 4 possible situations:
1. Stoudemire is a C, Duncan is a PF
2. Both are C
3. Both are PF
4. Duncan is a C, Stoudemire is a PF

1 is the way the teams are now.
2 would result in Duncan missing out, as he would be the 4th ranked C
3 & 4 would both result in Bogut moving to 2nd team, Stoudemire to 3rd team and Gasol out

Note - they would only be the results if each team required 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 centre. If it's just the 15 highest vote-getters, then they stay as they are. I would assume that this is actually the case, and is why Duncan/Gasol have been listed at F, while Stoudemire has been listed at C - to ensure there's no case of someone in the 3rd team getting more votes than someone in the 2nd team.

Reply #276637 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Not necessarily five highest vote getters in first team, as per last years results : http://www.nba.com/2009/news/05/12/allnba.team.release/ CP3 with more votes than Dirk, but relegated to second team as two guards in first team already.

Does the league, or the coaches determine the players positions when they are being voted for ?

Reply #276639 | Report this post

Years ago

I think people should stop complaining, he's lucky to be on the 3rd team; and deservedly so. Those names mentioned above did play better than Bogut. People need to stop having favourism just because he's Australian.

Dirk and Pau isn't American either, so I think NBA has done good for Bogut and is fair. Been the top 3 centers in the league is great recognition as it is that lines him up in NBA's elite.

Reply #276646 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

TBH, whilst Duncan was solid i dont believe he was All NBA team worthy.. thought Boozer had a much better season.

Reply #276759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Haha Isaac, but in his defence, at least Humpa uses his own tag when he's hating instead of posting hate anonymously. The Ater Majok thread, for one, comes to mind."

That thread has been gold, front runner for thread of the year award. I really enjoyed both reading & contibuting to that one.

Reply #276770 | Report this post

Spanner  
Years ago

The Suns centre position was shared between Channing Frye who averaged 28 mins and Robin Lopez who averaged 20. Amar'e was exclusively used at the 4 and is listed on NBA.com as a forward.

How that makes him the 2nd best CENTRE in the game is beyond comprehension.

Duncan is just as bad, seemingly switching between the 4 and 5 depending on what works out best for him for all-star selections and awards, etc.

Anyway it's great recognition for Bogues. Good on him.

Reply #276797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754