TR
Years ago

Bogut reaching the Final Four......no way

Just had a look at the table for the NCAA Championship, and realised Bogut's run to the final four is nearly mission impossible.

Whilst I have a good feeling that Bogut will be No.1 in the draft, I can't see him first getting past Oklahoma (next round), and then possibly Kentucky or Cinci and then Duke (go J.J) or Syracuse (two powerhouses), and if the Cinderella story continues then having to face Wake or the Tar Heels for a chance to goto the Final 4.

Luke's Yellow Jackets have a much better draw, with Lousville and then Washington. Their possible third round opponent could be Wake Forest.

Topic #2293 | Report this topic

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Yeah, not much hope there. I think the way Utah and Bogut for that matter would be looking at this is, every win from this point would be an achievement. Personally I think Oklahoma will take care of them in the next round, but I hope I'm wrong.
Hopefully, their opponents from this point won't double, triple team Bogut, like all Mountain West teams did. We may then see him post a 30+ game. Lets hope Utah can get past Oklahoma and then Kentucky and then we'd get to see him go up against Coach K and his Duke team.

Reply #25986 | Report this post

Stella Aretois  
Years ago

Syracuse have been eliminated by Vermont(ouch). Can't help but enjoy seeing a zone d being dismantled. Your right TR, however they'r past Oklahoma, and the Bearcats have made Kentucky work for the win. Never say never. 1 game at time

Reply #26061 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I gonna regret this damn thread.... Fingers crossed Cinci beat Kentucky, and I would put money on Utah to beat Cinci. Then it the Blue Devils.

This one is gonna bite me in the ar$e. Just call me Passionfinger, cause every I touch I f*&k up!!!

Reply #26073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wake Forest lost to West Virginia and Kentucky beat Cincinnati.

Almost 14,000 people at the Utah game. Although I think they'd left before this photo was taken!

Reply #26084 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and a great picture of Bogut..... he's predicting his draft position....

Reply #26088 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Ok,as things currently stand this is what we are looking at:

Still in:
- Illi
- Wis-Milwaukee (possibly the Cindrella team of the tournament, they have knocked out Alabama and BC)
- Arizona
- Washington
- Texas Tech
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- Iowa State
- Villanova
- Florida
- Bucknell (these boys beat Kansas in the first round)
- Wisconsin
- N.C State
- Connecticut
- Duke
- Mississippi State (damn spelling)
- Michigan State
- Vermont (these boys beat Syracuse)
- Utah
- Kentucky

Big Outs
- Kansas
- Alabama
- Boston College
- Gonzaga
- Wake Forest
- Syracuse
- Oklahoma

Utah and Bogut's next game is against Kentucky. The winner out of this plays the winner between Duke and Michigan State.

If the Utes get past this, then they could face either Washington, Yellow Jackets (imaging that Luke and Bogut matching up against each other), Texas Tech or West Virginia.

Here is the link if interested:

http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/brackets/viewable/2005/DI

Reply #26089 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

They love Bogut so much in the US and talked him up so much that during a time out he caught his drink bottle and they talked about how good his hand are. Great games yesterday. Hard to switch off with Bogut, Wis-Milwaukee and Vermont. West Virginia beating Wake in double OT. Kentucky have two seven footers to throw at Bogut so next week should be a good game.

Reply #26111 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Kentucky - Utah match up will be great to watch. KU's PG (Rondo?) looks like he will be a lottery pick in a couple of years, you would expect him to take care of Jackson. KU play very good team D, would be very suprised if they didn't throw different combinations at Bogut.
In saying that - keep your on the Blue Devil's!

Reply #26142 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i have heard that alot of boguts team mates really struggle.and its bogut running the show in offence and defence.apparently he could get 10 assists per game if his team mates could catch and score a simple bucket.am i wrong i dont see any college games.

Reply #26179 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, hate to rock your boat, but if the other guys in the team were so awful they wouldn't of beaten Oklahome the other day.

Yes, everything runs through Bogut on D and O, but they have a couple of handy players, Justin Hawkins and Marc Jackson, but at the end of the day, the team lives or die's on Bogut's form.

Reply #26185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754