coach
Years ago

Pioneers 2 Wins!

Pioneers backed up the Hobart win with another against NW Tasmania. Great job by Coach Summers, the right person for the job and all the guys!
Now to build something the rest of the season. 3 games at home now!

Topic #22936 | Report this topic

God127  
Years ago

It's good to see that our little slur last week revved them up, I still don't think anything of this side yet but it will be interesting to see how they go in comming weeks.

Reply #276760 | Report this post

pop  
Years ago

Well done to the Pioneers, hope they can keep the wins coming and in front of a home crowd. Coach Summers?? I think 'coach' just gave away her alias.

Reply #276763 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

god 127 this is your first post. what slur from last week are you talking about? i doubt it if anyone from the team would be reading this blog as most of the posts are so far from the mark it is not funny.

Reply #276764 | Report this post

fred  
Years ago

I agree with you God127, I think the team will be alright though. Vesta 23...who do you think writes most of the comments on here?? certain posts only the team, staff and board would know.

Reply #276768 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

tipton was caught at a mt gambier nightclub by police with marijuna.
the club therefore gave him a two game suspension

Reply #276778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a 2 game suspension.
amazing.

Reply #276789 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

fred i would have thought no good could come from team members or board members posting negative comments on this site about the team. shame on them

Reply #276815 | Report this post

borris  
Years ago

Nice to see two wins in Tassie. Extremely suprising. Well done fellas.

Does anyone know if the coach was still acting like a tool?

It appears as though the ageing legs of Dallas and Ricey may not be able to keep up the court time every week? We will just have to wait and see.

I still have concerns with the way the coach is carrying out his business with the board and the community of the Mount. Lost a hell of a lot of long time sponsors that will not be supporting next year.
Clubs cant keep surviving if this happens.

Will be interesting to see if they can beat the AIS this weekend, with the coach's huff and puff of this week, I wouldnt like to see him lose to a bunch of kids up and coming!

Reply #276839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldnt like to see him lose to a bunch of kids up and coming!
You say that, but I don't believe you. I think you'd get secret joy at the pains of the coach in experiencing that loss.

Reply #276851 | Report this post

borris  
Years ago

it was meant tongue in cheek

Reply #276860 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

well said isaac, totally agree.

Reply #276873 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

Don't knock the AIS they always come out hard and run even harder, know for a fact that Jeffree thoroughly enjoys beating them.

Then again I guess that would be obvious knowing him.

Reply #276926 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

vesta 23 agree with you 100% if board members are on here posting negatively or otherwise about the team that would be dishonest.

For the record I am not affiliated with the board in any way or connected to any player.

Reply #276927 | Report this post

borris  
Years ago

vesta 57 - if you are pointing fingers.. Think again.

As previously posted on other posts regards the Pioneers I am not a board member, nor a current player.

And yes I do agree that the AIS will come out hard and expect to win. I honestly hope they dont but all prior history this season apart from 2 games says that the Pioneers may still struggle under the current coach. Nothin wrong with the team on paper, nor have I ever had a bad word against the players.

Reply #276935 | Report this post

fred  
Years ago

nor am I a player or board member Vesta 23...but some of the info in the posts amazes me. I realise that all the posts that have been on about the coach are because of the uspsets that he has caused (and are 'very on the mark'), regarding the team...they don't deserve any negative comments as I think they would be doing it tough enough!!! you obviously haven't had a run in with the coach yet...or you are the coach. glad the boys got a couple of wins . Borris, there is only one way that I can think of getting any of the sponsors to come back next year.

Reply #276962 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

borris I'm not pointing fingers at anyone nor do I suspect anything.
I was simply clarifying a point made by fred & vesta 23.
In my view if a board member or current player wants to make a post good on them but maybe they should think about how they do it and who it undermines.

If it's occurring at all in this thread anyway!

Reply #276979 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

no fred i am not the coach but i have had dealings with him and watched some of his sessions. a smarter basketball brain this town has not seen. i think alot of people who are knocking the guy have tall poppy syndrome or cant handle his tell it how it is character.he may have ruffled a few feathers but maybe that needed to happen for the pioneers to go forward.

Reply #277082 | Report this post

fred  
Years ago

Not sure if he 'knows how it is'. Someone cannot come into this town and tell people 'how it is' without even knowing them..to me it is just arrogance. He may have brought some good ideas here with him but he blew it with too many in the first month of being here with his 'tell it how it is' attitude, so no one is interested.

Reply #277090 | Report this post

borris  
Years ago

'a smarter basketball brain this town has not seen'

Did you just come to town three months ago????????????

How can you make statements like that and be quite happy to put your name to it?

Pioneers are not moving forwards but backwards at a rapid rate if you havent noticed. Pull your head out of the sand!

Reply #277101 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

borris how is 2 wins in tassie going backwards. the coach has obviously upset you and fred but that does not change the fact he is a great coach. borris tell me who you think has a smarter basketball brain i would love to hear who you think. borris from what you post on here i am guessing you have done nothing at any level of basketball. your claim to fame is probably this website.

Reply #277182 | Report this post

Vesta57  
Years ago

There you go borris, now you've heard it from the top of the tree.
He's a great coach!
vesta 23 seeing your post here comes to the sum total of 3 I gather either you're new at this or trying rather unsuccessfully at hiding your true identity.
IMO the outgoing president would never have tolerated board members commenting on the team in a public forum positive or negative.

'a smarter basketball brain this town has not seen'
Lampshire, Burns, Knight et al all hacks obviously.

How many times did the team under Burns then Knight miss the finals?

No basketball brains though

Reply #277218 | Report this post

borris  
Years ago

Vesta 23 - you make me laugh!

Firstly, I dont need to rattle off my list of achievements at a basketball level. I am not that arrogant. Personally I am happy with the things I have seen and accomplished in my life on and off the court, you on the other hand sound as though you are questioning yourself? I personally dont require a 'claim to fame' to be happy.

Secondly, Vesta 57 I agree with your comments 100% with the names that you threw out there, you could probably add to that list Allan McBain - although he never coached a SEABL team.

Thirdly, as a coach of a SEABL team you need to have the whole package. If you are not aware yet, the Club and Team require the customers (sponsors and fans who turn up to the game) to be able to put a team on the court and pay the players and other expenses. If you havent already noticed the mass exodus of sponsors and fans who dont turn up to the game? This I am not saying is all of the coach's fault but his arrogance, demeanour, public interaction or lack thereof is not helping the Club and Team's situation. It is all well and good to have two wins in Tassie, back to back, but this doesnt prove that he is a 'great coach' or 'a smarter basketball brain this town has not seen' does it?

Reply #277227 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

borris you are a moron. please mcbain was a good junior coach at best. you have no idea mate. as for you vesta 57 i am not the coach or a staff member and have lived in the mount my whole life.i said basketball brain not successful coach but whilst we are on that you obviously have no idea too as you named lampshire. great player in his day, terrible coach maybe you should talk to anyone that played under him. i will give you burns was a smart coach but was he smarter than summerville? i dont think he had the technical side of the game as polished. as for knight yeah she can coach but she inherited a great team from burns, won a championship with a team borris could have coached. without the 03 team she would not even be mentioned in this debate. well its been a fun ride but this is my last post. just dont have time to read all this negative stuff about a club i love. enjoy the rest of the season. go pioneers!!!!!!!!!

Reply #277596 | Report this post

borris  
Years ago

Vesta 23 - AH, you are a muppet.

summerville has you bluffed.

Reply #277669 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

AH? you are way off borris.

Reply #277678 | Report this post

Fridgeman  
Years ago

Borris- LR, you are spineless

Reply #277693 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754