Isaac
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers in 2005/06

The news recently out of Melbourne is that Sam Mackinnon is too expensive for the club. His future may lie with the Brisbane Bullets, or with his current club the West Sydney Razorbacks.

The Tigers are eager to sign Chris Anstey and are considering Jason Smith also. They are hoping to sign Mark Bradtke to a two year deal with a third year optional, and already have Darryl Corletto under wraps.

It is unlikely that they'll keep Rashad Tucker. Andrew Gaze has made no firm committment, but has indicated that retirement is likely.

Lanard Copeland and Darryl McDonald have been encouraged to pursue alternative clubs.

?/?
Smith/Corletto
Thomas/?
Anstey/Hoare
Bradtke/Mottram

???

Topic #2294 | Report this topic

warthog  
Years ago

where does that leave stiffy isaac?

can only dream he might come back here

Reply #25979 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No idea. Looks like they're going to have a lot of big men though -- Bradtke, Anstey, Mottram, Stiff, then Hoare, etc. You don't really want Hoare coming off the bench, but be light in the guard department. If you play Dave Thomas as a shooting guard to start Hoare, where does Jason Smith fit in?

Not sure why they wouldn't keep DMac. Corletto isn't really a PG and they don't have anyone on the roster that is. Two of their development guys are centres too!

Reply #25980 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

The tigers rosters just keep getting better every year, yet their placing doesnt. I dont know how they can have the roster they did and be able to afford all these guys like J smith and Anstey etc.

However i do think its for the best they get rid of copeland, i mean he knows how to play but the games i saw (only 2) Copeland thought he had to do it himself when thats NOT the case especially when you have Andrew Gaze, Bradtke, stiffy and Mcdonald in the team.

Gaze should play another year, Stiff should look for another team (hopefully adelaide), and McDonald well i dont know what hes likely to do. Do you reckon he will retire if dropped from Tigers?

Reply #25987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stiff has one more year on his contract, he wont leave melbourne again i shouldnt think, hes got his family, wife etc....

Reply #26027 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Salary cap?

Reply #26029 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Jason Smith is the hottest player free agent...40 in game 3 DAMN!

Reply #26118 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754