The Banker
Years ago

Perth Wildcats sign Jeremiah Trueman

The Perth Wildcats' squad for the 2010/11 NBL season is complete with the defending champions signing former New Zealand Breakers big man Jeremiah Trueman for the next two years

Topic #22949 | Report this topic

The Banker  
Years ago

Not bad signing to complete the roster for Perth, and they still have the option of an import if anything happens during the season like the year just gone

Reply #276897 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Matt Knight
Shawn Redhage
Drew Willaimson
Kevin Lisch
Stephen Weigh
Jesse Wagstaff
Brad Robbins
Damian Martin
Cameron Tovey
Jeremiah Trueman

Reply #276898 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Has Rogers officially retired?

Reply #276912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a crap side, if they even make the playoffs i will not even bother watching the nbl.

Reply #276920 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Anon i disagree with you

that team is not much different then last years team

No Scenscher but they have knight as replacement
No Cattlini but they have recruited Cameron Tovey

No Rogers, Young and Harris but they have a new back up big man in Trueman

Rogers did nothing and young was his replacement but they had 12 players on the roster at the end of last year and now only 10 people

They have replaced the players lost with talent which is pretty close to what was lost

Reply #276930 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Their team looked pretty amazing with 2 players to go and 19 points, but then they went and got 2 pretty uninspiring players to fill the last 2 spots and now it looks to me very ordinary.
I can only assume salary constraints played their part. Tovey will be balancing basketball and his accounting, so won't be giving them his full potential (which I don't really see to be much anyway). Trueman was a bench warmer at New Zealand, largely a bench warmer at the HSH behind Schenscher and didn't particularly look ready to take any sort of step in the league.

Rogers/Young Vs Trueman (Rogers was injured, so didn't play much, but Young is comfortably better than what Trueman will achieve)
Schenscher Vs Knight (reasonably close, but as their primary Centre Schenscher is much better suited)
Catallini Vs Tovey (Cat wasn't great last year, but he's better than Tovey. Tovey really isn't anything special)

Robbins and Williamson were end of the bench last year, which was really their strength in numbers. They had real quality and potential at every position. This year they will have 2 players below them on the chart.

Our side suddenly looks fairly competitive up against them.

Reply #276934 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Didnt watch last season Hendo? Knight a much better fit under Beveridge than Schenscher.

Reply #276936 | Report this post

njc  
Years ago

I think Tovey is going to surprise alot of people this year. The cats know what there getting in a good defender and someone who can hold his own on the offensive end.
Trueman is a blue collar type of guy who will be a nice backup for Knight. They are definatly going to have to utilize that second import spot alot sooner than later imo.
Im not sure if this team is going to have enough firepower to go the whole way. I know the old saying defence wins championships but I dont think there is enough offensively to get us over the line.

Reply #276951 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

Two words. Back to Back

Reply #276952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's three words!

Reply #276956 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

True

Reply #276957 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

good signing for Perth. He's mobile and plays good D and is young and cheap.

Reply #276964 | Report this post

Death Machine  
Years ago

Yeah, not the greatest signings, I was hoping for Luke Nevill, but he was probably to expensive. They also might be a bit too short, although that's was what Rob wanted.
I guess the starting lineup will probably be:
SF Shawn Redhage
SG Stephen Weigh / PF Jesse Wagstaff
C/PF Matt Knight
SG Kevin Lisch
PG Damian Martin

Reply #278196 | Report this post

Almost all of us are fascinated in basketball games. That is why were waiting for this season.

Reply #289712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754