dingo
Years ago

NBL Rosters taking shape

nbl is on the up with and1 and network 10 on boards not to mention some great signings for the teams. Is worthington coming back to the league anyone know? also what about guys like demos, vanderjagt, corletto, molitor etc getting contracts? anyway here are the rosters with my thoughts on each team:

blaze:
rickert davison
petrie garlepp
import hoare
harvey goulding
gibson cadee

*very versatile roster that goes 10 deep. world class shooters, some quality big men. final import swingman will be the key, otherwise this team is legit. endless ball carrying options and should be able to put 100+ points on anyone any night. some quality defenders also. any news on harveys injury recovery?

wildcats:
knight trueman
redhage wagstaff
weigh tovey
lisch williamson
martin robbins

*kept most of the roster together whilst upgrading at the centre spot. not sure about tovey and trueman however. this team will be around the mark though i doubt they will go back to back.

tigers:
nevill burston
tragardh walker
greer lewis?
import ??
devendorf ??

*talented interesting roster that will be very hard to match up on. some quality big men along with devendorf who is a legit star at the point. will depend on their future signings and if they gel together but this team can make some noise if they want to.

breakers:
?? Pledger
Vukona Boucher
Abercrombie ??
Penney Webster
Bruton Henare

*Vukona is a great addition to the franchise however they look undersized and with an ageing bruton, cant see how this team can get to the post season. Also question marks over superstar kirk penney with interest overseas. Need some big import signings, will lemanis last the season?

hawks:
Forman Behrendorff
Davidson Jackson
Gruber Coenraad
Saville Campbell
Import Martin

*Kept their team together mainly though forman is a massive downgrade on cameron tragardh as they will soon learn. also shouldve kept mckee as they wont find anyone better who is in their price range. will win games though playoffs unlikely.

kings:
khazzouh Knight
McCullogh Janev
Import Dann
?? ??????
Cooper Martin

*seems to be a team of nbl rejects so far minus khazzouh. need some big name showman type players at the 2 and 3 spots if they want good crowds and wins on the board. hope to see them be successful though will struggle to get off the bottom atm.

crocs:
Schenscher Allen
Hinder Blanchfield
Crawford Williamson
Cedar C.Cedar
Import ??

*solid roster coming along here. seems to be a less athletic/talented version of the blaze. not sure why theyd release the league mvp and i think it may well come back to bite them. can finish anywhere from 3-8 on ladder.

taipans:
Loughton ??
Crosswhite Boodnikoff
Rhycart Grabau
Import ??
Jones Williams

*cant expect much more from a low budget team. loughton is ok but cant see where their points will come from. fresh imports are a necessity here and maybe a vanderjagt type to shore up their bigs?

36ers:
Johnson Dowdell
Ballinger Hill
Holmes Herbert
Import Ng
Import Carter?

*i do like they players signed to date on this team though the team does lack depth and could come unstuck if injury came to a key player. needs some decent imports if they want in on that final 4. hope they get carter as he could be a real x-factor of the bench as he proved for the dragons in that famous gf series.

Topic #22957 | Report this topic

Nippa  
Years ago

Can everyone get this Tigers team right because your doing my head in.
The point is all that is left to sort out.

nevill helliwell (will be announced shortly)
tragardh burston
greer walker
devendorf lewis
import ?? (McKee is still a possibility) Corletto (if he signs)

Reply #277017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u sure about helliwell i heard from a reliable source that wollongong are chasing him.

Reply #277018 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Burston at PF?

Reply #277019 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mike Rose is a more likely signing for the Tigers rather than McKee.

Are the Tigers really going to sign Helliwell? Just does not make sense as they need guards than can shoot the 3 ball!!!!

Reply #277020 | Report this post

dingo  
Years ago

helliwell wont go to gong. they only got 1 roster spot left and need a pg unless they are prepared to play rhys martin mainly with limited back up @ pg.

Anyone prepared to do a ladder prediction haha?

Reply #277023 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont think Helliwell is going to the Tigers. As far as I know he was the back up plan if Nevill fell through.

Mark Dickel to return to Melbourne?

Reply #277031 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

What about Homicide? Melbourne love their big name imports!

Reply #277035 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Daniel Dillon to sign with Cairns, and Cairns also looking at Ismail Muhammad as an import. Ismail is currently playing with Geelong Supercats in the SEABL. Coach Aaron Fearne is also interested in CJ Massingale, the import playing at Knox Raiders in the SEABL.
Looks like Cairns might be going the cheap option for its import spots.

Reply #277037 | Report this post

Sixers2010  
Years ago

I agree with most of your team assessments dingo. I love the look of the Gold Coast. They have great versatility and depth so the key for them will be on the defensive end. Melbourne will definately be the interesting team this year. Huge changes to their roster,but if nevill can re-discover his college form and devendorf adjusts well to the NBL style they will definately be a contender. Also, I have to agree with your summary of the sixers signings to date. We are looking solid(without being spectacular) but if Johnson or Ballinger go down with injuries we will definately struggle to cover them. Carter would be a great pick up if we can get him and our playoff credentials probably rests with the quality of our imports.

Reply #277040 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Sixers import needs to be a strong player who can play 3 and 4 to give Ballinger and Johnson a chop out.

Reply #277044 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

At this rate, Homicide won't get a look in with any team this year.

Quite a surprising event considering his last season.

Reply #277046 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I wonder if the sixers are looking at homicide or mckee as their PG

Reply #277054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foreman may be a down grade in the four....but I hear that the Tigers are going to play Tragardh in the three!!!!! What a joke! Can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot outside 17'. Have not even started on him at the defensive end. Can't guard 4 men off the dribble, how is he going to guard a three (Herbert, Penney, Jones, Sav, Harvey have all spent time at the 3 spot, and before you start going on saying zone....you still have to guard someone in a zone)Tigers would have been better off with Foreman if that is where they are going to play him.

Reply #277397 | Report this post

dingo  
Years ago

where does this leave homicide, demos, vanderjagt etc? will they get contracts?

Reply #277400 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

As far as I know the Tragardh at SF rumour was started because of errant reporting that the Tigers had signed Helliwell, as well as Burston, Tragardh and Nevill.

Greer will be their starting 3, with some small minutes for Walker and Lewis, and time spent with a three guard lineup.

They are weak at small forward though.

Reply #277411 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754