JCK
Years ago

Who owns the Distinctive Homes Dome?

Who owns the Distinctive Homes Dome, now?

Topic #22982 | Report this topic

Tosser  
Years ago

Commonwealth Bank

Reply #277432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ wrong!

Reply #277433 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I think it is still before the courts.

Based on what has been reported in the media to date the loan facility has been in default since January 2009.

Reply #277436 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

It is just the dome btw

Reply #277437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eddy Groves won the court case according to The Advertiser

Reply #277440 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems the bank's lawyer stated , in court - Groves v Bank, that the bank has dropped it's claim on the facility.

(While a judgement on a loan from bank to groves awaits - or may go to trial)

Groves owns the facility known as the brett maher court - but that's kind of a long name . - dome for short.

Reply #277443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should from here on in be referred to as BMC.

Reply #277450 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

most people have been referring to it as BMC including Boti. i personally dont like the dome as its not the shape of a dome at all in any way, shape, or form. Mind you i still slip up and call it the Powerhouse, that was one of the best names it got.

Reply #277480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the Dome. One of the Dome's three courts is called the Brett Maher Court. Boti as usual is stretching the truth

Reply #277560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

daniel

Reply #277563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tickets last season referred to the venue as the Brett Maher Court...

Reply #277577 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

well at the end of the day it was only called the Dome when distinctive homes paid for the naming rights. but once they withdrew the entire name left with it not just part of the name. its never been known as the dome until distinctive homes. going by that theory we should still call it the power house. BMC ftw

Reply #277610 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Can't call it the powerhouse. Clipsal trademarked the name, and still hold the trademark.

Reply #277620 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seem to get reasonable value as a naming sponsor -
A bit of powerhouse and dome even after withdrawing.
Might be worthwhile if you were a big company to do it

Reply #277627 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh i figured as much Gazza, but in saying that i have let it slip so many times, the powerhouse just rolls off the tongue so well, clipsal need to get back on board. the distinctive homes dome just doesnt sound right. the dome part really annoys me for the reason that its not a dome at all, i annoy myself for being this pedantic. for now im happy with BMC

Reply #277629 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Or maybe if you were one of the ' Apollo ' companies

Reply #277632 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754