LC
Years ago

Patty Mill's future with Portland

PAtty Mills was thrown annunlilely lifeline by the Blazers by being signed to the 15th and last roster spot for the 2009/10 NBA season despite his foot injury. He came back fitter and arguably better than ever, scorching the D-League and pushing his way onto the game-day active list. Given a decent opportunity on court, he did well. So what should Portland do with Mills?

Do the Blazers keep him, trade away someone like Miller ot Bayless to give him more court time? Is there another solution for the Blazers to give him court time or should they trade him away?

In any case I believe they will keep a close eye on Mills in Turkey where I hope Mills blows everyone away. The Blazers have already stated that Mills will be the starting point guard in the NBA Summerleague in 2010, with Bayless being told he is not required. Mills is being given every opportunity to shone this off-season, and I hope he blows everyone away.

Vote for Mills on the Blazers website to be retained by the Blazers at this link: http://linky.com.au/mup51

Topic #22993 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

And this is what the website "A Stern Warning" reports on Mills' situation...

"Kevin Pritchard, recently talked on Portland radio station 95.5 The Game about a range of Blazers-related topics (9MB download). In particular, discussion focused on the Draft, Summer League and how the roster will shape up for next season. With regard to the Summer League team, he had this to say:

"Jeff (Pendergraph) and Dante (Cunningham) will definitely be on the Summer League roster. Patty (Mills) is a restricted free agent. We have his rights. I would like to see him play in the Summer League. Because we saw him in the minor leagues do some really good stuff. In the Olympics a couple of years ago he was the youngest player and led Australia in scoring so we know he can do some things and we've seen it in practice. So we want to give him the ball and let him play. (Jerryd) Bayless will not play. Not important. He's got to develop and keep getting better but I'd rather see Patty in that role and see what he can do."

Link: http://linky.com.au/ih23x

Reply #277622 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

If Portland trade Patty then they will regret that decision for a long time,

He will be a star in the NBA

Reply #277624 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Miller and Nate McMillan have fought all year long, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him move on mid year after Mills get some experience AND Bayless steps up as a starter.

Reply #277634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see him going along a similar line to Houston's Aaron Brooks. Similar sort of talent level, similar style etc. It took brooks a few seasons to break through. Hopefully Patty gets a go on a team willing to play him like Brooks did at Houston.

Reply #277635 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Mills has got a great chance to get noticed this off-season with the Worlds, even moreso now that Bogut is not playing. I hope Brett Brown gives him the keys to the Boomers and lets him push the ball as much as possible. He could prove to be devastating with Newley and Ingles filling lanes around him!

It's good that Pritchard is also going to give him plenty of time in Summer League, but more important is the comment about Bayless not playing. That confirms that Bayless has joined Miller and Roy in the Blazers main guard rotation. So at best, Mills is fighting with Fernandez to be the second guard off the bench.

So I'm not too fussed if he stays with Portland or not. The main thing is to get noticed this off-season. Then he will have multiple teams chasing him and it will increase his chances of landing in a good situation down the track.

Reply #277639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he played a a certain amount of game so he is contracted for next year as per his contract

Reply #277702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754