LiveStats Question - FTs counted as FGs?

Hey ppl,

general query regarding LiveStats results. Can anyone tell me whether when looking at LS data for field goals,
does LS include the foulshot data when calculating the field goal data/percentage.

Team shoots 8/16 from foul line, is the 8 and the 16 added to the TRUE field goal stat?

23/77 FG = 29.9%
does the FG 29.9% include 8/16 from FT?

Any assistance appreciated.

Topic #22995 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. It shouldn't because they're not field goals.

Reply #277706 | Report this post

cheers.

agree it shouldn't, but...

Reply #277707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In any stats I've ever seen. Free throws have never been included. Field goals are contested or live shots, Free throws are another story.

Reply #277708 | Report this post

sweet. cheers

Reply #277709 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I have always wondered about a shot when the player is fouled? Is this included as a field goal? I guess it has to if the player scores, but what if they are fouled very heavily and barely goet a sht off? then it would put a negative spin on their stats.
Also, what if a player is 'in the act of shooting' ie in their 2 steps, but gets fouled heavily very early on and doesnt get a chance to take any kind of shot, but of course gets free throws because was'in the motion', does this count as a missed field goal even though no kind of shot was attempted?

Reply #277715 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

VC,
If you get fouled while shooting and it goes in then it counts as a field Goal, if you get fouled while shooting and it misses then it is not counted as a FG.
Hope this helps

Reply #277718 | Report this post

I think  
Years ago

What about an assist then - does it register the same as above.
Does a player get an assist if the player they pass to is on a lay up and is heavily fouled on goes to the line.
Or does the player they pass to have to make the shot and fouls dont come into it.
I hope I havent confused everyone.

Reply #277734 | Report this post

Dwight  
Years ago

In Australia, if a player is fouled on a shot where an assist would have been awarded had it been successful, then an assist is awarded, provided they hit at least one foul shot.

In America, this is not the case - there are no assists on FTs.

Reply #277735 | Report this post

I think  
Years ago

Thanks for that.

Reply #277740 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

FIBA Has actually announced that assists are not to be included on free throws. Australia is the only place in the world that it is counted. HOwever Australia stats standards agreed to take out the assists from free throws but the NBL never introduced in the 2009/10 season.

Fiba has also announced that Team turnovers can now be recorded, but again NBL did not introduce it.

Reply #277753 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

What's a team turnover? Is that when you lose the ball but no-one is to blame? Or is "team" an alias for the highly paid star player?

Does that mean we also have "Team Steals" and "Team Assists"?

Reply #277764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754