Anonymous
Years ago

Best Movie/Other Quotes

What are the best movie quotes of all time? Can be sport or non sport related.

For mine:
Pacino in Any Given Sunday,
Denzel in Remember the Titans
Stallone in Rocky
And the guy from Miracle on Ice rates in there too.

And of course Mel from Braveheart.

Any other good ones to get the blood going?

Topic #23015 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Umm... what quotes from those movies are you referring to?

There's always the good one from Malrats and Jay and Silent Bob Strike back:

"Well, look at these morose motherf*&kers right here. Looks like someone shit in their cereal... BUUUNG!"

Reply #277929 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Worst quote ever, Martin Lawrence, at the end of Bad Boys, saying "you forgot your boarding pass" when shooting a plane's fuselage.

Reply #277931 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

Miracle

Herb Brooks: Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.

We were soldiers (Mel Gibson)

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: [Hal Moore speaks to his men before going into battle] Look around you. In the 7th cavalry, we've got a captain from the Ukraine; another from Puerto Rico. We've got Japanese, Chinese, Blacks, Hispanics, Cherokee Indians. Jews and Gentiles. All Americans. Now here in the states, some of you in this unit may have experienced discrimination because of race or creed. But for you and me now, all that is gone. We're moving into the valley of the shadow of death, where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is, or by what name he calls God. They say we're leaving home. We're going to what home was always supposed to be. Now let us understand the situation. We are going into battle against a tough and determined enemy.
[pauses]
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.

We are Marshall

Jack Lengyel: For those of you who may not know, this is the final resting place for six members of the 1970 Thundering Herd. The plane crash that took their lives was so severe, so absolute, that their bodies were unable to be identified. So they were buried here. Together. Six players. Six teammates. Six Sons of Marshall. This is our past, gentlemen. This is where we have been. This is how we got here. This is who we are. Today, I want to talk about our opponent this afternoon. They're bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and on paper, they're just better. And they know it too. But I want to tell you something that they don't know. They don't know your heart. I do. I've seen it. You have shown it to me. You have shown this coaching staff, your teammates. You have shown yourselves just exactly who you are in here.
[Thumps his chest]
Jack Lengyel: When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose. We may be behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game but if you play like that we cannot be defeated. Now we came here today to remember six young men and sixty-nine others who will not be on the field with you today, but they will be watching. You can bet your ass that they'll be gritting their teeth with every snap of that football. You understand me? How you play today, from this moment on is how you will be remembered. This is your opportunity to rise from these ashes and grab glory. We are...
Young Thundering Herd: Marshall!
Jack Lengyel: We are.
Jack Lengyel: We are!
Jack Lengyel: The funerals end today!

Could go on forever but they are some of my favorites

Reply #277932 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"I'll be back"

Reply #277933 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Karate Kid:

Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I guess so.
Miyagi: Daniel-san, must talk.
[they both kneel]
Miyagi: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?
Daniel: Yeah, I understand.
Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I'm ready.

Reply #277935 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Wayne and Garth to Alice Cooper: "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
From 16 candles: Geek to Molly Ringwood: "Can I borrow your underpants for 10 minutes?"
Jaws: "We need a bigger boat"
Conspiracy Theory: "A good conspiracy is unprovable. I mean, if you can prove it, it means they screwed up somewhere along the line" - perfect logic for anyone who is a little paranoid -wait a minute, my ISP is being tapped.....

From FBDO: Ferris: "Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never doubted it for a second." - just what you want your lawyer to say after he has cleared you from all charges.

My absolute favourite: Final line in Breaker Morant:

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it"
Ideal for when someone is being an ar@#hole are trying to take you down

Reply #277936 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Bit off topic but

My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

But ..... (husbands name) is vegetarian.

He vegetarian? We cook lamb

Reply #277937 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Silent Bob in Dogma. Throws the guys of the train and says "No Tickets". (I suppose you have to have seen it to appreciate it).

Apocalypse Now. Kilgore - "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

A Few Good Men. Col. Jessep (Jack Nicholson): ...I'm gonna rip the eyeballs out of your head and piss in your dead skull! You fucked with the wrong Marine!

Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.
Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*
Kaffee: *I want the truth!*
Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Reply #277938 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Bruce Willis in all Die Hards

"Yippee ki Yay Mother F*cker"

Reply #277939 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Oh and the first Blade where wesley snipes says:

"some mother f**kers are always trying to ice skate up hill"

Reply #277940 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Dorothy et al : "We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of oz"

Reply #277941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crocodile dundee thats not a knife, this is a knife

Reply #277943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crocodile dundee thats not a knife, this is a knife

Reply #277944 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

Anything that comes out of Johhny Drama's mouth in Entourage.

some of my favourites are:

I've been working steady for the past twelve years, minus the last three.

At the Viking Quest convention, in '99, a guy from Orlando offered me $50 to photograph me banging his wife while wearing my Tarvold costume.

If you play gay or retarded you get an Oscar. I'd take in the a*s for an Oscar.

Do you know how much food is gonna be at this thing? You eating now would be like jerking off an hour before f*#kin a supermodel.

Mean? thats not mean. Mean' is when I made Jess Mancini ride her bike home after ars f*#%ed her

Reply #277945 | Report this post

Nix 85  
Years ago

Hoosiers

"hickoryyyy"

Reply #277948 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Step Brothers -

"I got a belly full of white dog shit in me....and now you lay this shit on me"

Reply #277949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FRIDAY

YOU'VE GOT TO BE A DUMB MUTHER FU***R TO GET FIRED ON YOUR DAY OFF

Reply #277951 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Anon, its "stupid" not dumb. trust me ive seen the movie a hundred times. but i do agree, that line along with "you got knocked the f*ck out maaaaan"

Reply #277953 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

When Harry Met Sally : "You had me at hello"

Reply #277956 | Report this post

David Brent  
Years ago

I'm not gay. Infact I can honestly say I have never cum over a little queer.

Reply #277957 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction:

'Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead'

Reply #277958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great scott

Reply #277960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BACK TO THE FUTURE

When this baby hits 88mph your gonna see some serious shit

Reply #277961 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry:

When a naked man's chasing a woman with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he’s not collecting for the Red Cross.

Another Eastwood quote:

Josey Wales: Bounty hunter, huh?
Bounty hunter: A man's gotta make a livin'.
Josey Wales: Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, boy.

Sean Connery in The Untouchables:

Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight.

Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon 3:

You have the right to remain unconscious. Anything you say ain’t gonna be much.

Roy Scheider in Jaws, on seeing the shark for the first time:

We’re gonna need a bigger boat.

Reply #277962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jim Carey in Dumb & Dumber, "Austria? G'day mate! Throw another shrimp on the barbie".

Reply #277963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mason Verger in Hannibal "Fiiiive? Say it with the respect it deserves".

Reply #277964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the movie Chopper:

Chopper: Oh, Keithy. I always thought I was a good bloke.

Keithy George: Ha. What did you ever do that was good?

Chopper: Well, I bashed you. That was good, wasn't it? It was good for a bit of a giggle, anyway.

Reply #277966 | Report this post

Nix 85  
Years ago

Dirty Harry.

I know what you're thinking, did he take 5 shots or 6. To be truthful, I don't know myself. But seeing as this is a 45 Magnum and can blow your shoulders clean off your head. You gotta ask youself something. Do you feel lucky. Well do ya punk? ........ click.

Reply #277968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pineapple Express: "A trifector of weed smoking power"

Hangover:Stu:" You do know counting cards is illegal, right?"

Alan:" Counting cards isn't illegal. It's frowned upon... like masturbating on an airplane."

Phil:" I'm pretty sure that's illegal too."

Alan:"Maybe since 9/11 when everyone got so damn sensitive. Thanks a lot Bin Laden!"

Reply #277969 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Shawshank Redemption:

" Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient that the gun was never found."

Such a classic movie

Reply #277973 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

When Harry Met Sally : "You had me at hello"

Dude that was Jerry McGuire

Reply #277975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another classic eastwood quote.

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."

Reply #277976 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Bad Boys

Shopkeeper: Freeze mother bitches! I blow, then i Blow you.

Badges! You want badges? I give you badges, 99c!

Reply #277982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White chicks: 'Your mum is so old her breast milk is powder. You breast feed like this.....'

Reply #277986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White chicks: 'Your mum is so old her breast milk is powder. You breast feed like this.....'

Reply #277987 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

These I have picked as their more likely to be used on a day to day basis.Pretty well pick what movie or actor as well:
1]You talking to me?You talking to me?
2]wax on ,wax off
3]A martini ,shaken not stirred
4]Houston we have a problem
5]I wanna make him an offer he cant refuse
6]I will have have whats she having...
7]Surely you cant be serious?
I am serious and dont call me shirley!
8]Theyrrre baaack!!!!

Reply #277994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jules Winnfield

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Reply #278001 | Report this post

Dark Dirk  
Years ago

Arnie from Last Action Hero

"so you want to be a farmer? Heres a couple of acres!!!! "
then proceeds to kick the guy in the nuts

Reply #278073 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Commando: John Matrix (Arnold) and an oh sooooooo campy Bennett (Aussie Vernon Wells) have this timeless exchange. In some respects you have to see it to appreciate its "it's so bad it's timelessness"...

Bennett: "I've been waiting for you John!"

(anyone who has seen to movie (and Bennett's wardrobe and mannerisms) will appreciate the massive double entendre that that quote seems to be).

Matrix: "Let's PARTY!!!"

(said in the hammiest fashion voice/fashion possible).

Unintentional or otherwise this exchange cracks me up every time i see it...

Reply #278076 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Sorry got the chronology wrong - but found the final fight scene...

http://linky.com.au/gn0kp

"John! I'm not going to shoot you between the EYES."

"I'm going to shoot you between the BALLS!"

Reply #278084 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

"When Harry Met Sally : "You had me at hello"

Dude that was Jerry McGuire"

I don't care, I hate Tom Hanks movies.

Reply #278099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When Harry Met Sally" was Billy Crystal.
"Jerry Maguire" was Tom Cruise.

Can someone tell me why Tom Hanks is being brought into this???

Reply #278117 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

BARNEY STINSON (How I Met Your Mother)

"In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland."

Reply #278118 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Underbelly is Play Shool compared to The Wire.
Do yourselves a favour and check it out.

Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are amoral, are you not? You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off...
Omar: Just like you, man.
Maurice 'Maury' Levy: ...the culture of drugs. Excuse me? What?
Omar: I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?

Reply #278144 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

goodwill hunting

do you like apples
huh? yeah i like apples
well i got a number, how do you like them apples!

Reply #278156 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Did you ever expect to hear a line like , ' The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter... was his name isn't Henry Porter ' in a song lyric ?
Way to go Bobby Dylan - Happy 69th birthday.

Reply #278166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754