Bearcat
Years ago

Bearcats win local derby

Never knock the West boys. No Nash or Mencel- their firepower looked down, but some ownership was finally shown by the team. Bell twisting in knots on the baseline to top-score. Shane (why call him Crusher) Crothers with blood covered bandage sealing game. Great D from Danny, play of day by Finch- lovely to watch the 0-2 Bearcats beat 2-0 Woodville. The young guys will get their chance, but Bobby left them champing at the bit.
PS Watch the girls also- Speary is moulding a team that may even entice him to watch more women's ball.

Topic #2306 | Report this topic

Johnny Tapp  
Years ago

Well done West. Saw the Sturt game the other week. Is Ben Evans that bigger difference?

Reply #26064 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i heard crothers had his usual cheap shot,this time it was on zane reeves.

Reply #26072 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Johnny: he had 18 and 5 in 26 minutes, so he's certainly useful.

Reply #26074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bearcats are back baby... That win was all that was needed to get their confidence goin... Nashy and Mencel comin back into the side.. dont underestimate this team.. They have an awesome mix of experienced and young players..

BEARCAT PROUD

Job fellas

Reply #26083 | Report this post

Yeah well done west! You beat Woodville. The warriors are just making up numbers this year, same as you guys! If getting a win over a team who wont make finals means your back what are you going to write if you cause an upset over a good team?

Reply #26086 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Cheese Burger- it was not really a cheap shot. Everybody was hoping that somebody would wipe the stupid squares off Reeves cheap hair style. At least it proved that Crusher can give it, but also took 1 back and certainly did not shirk any issues or get put off HIS team game

Reply #26093 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

Surely this report is mistaken - Cruthers taking a cheap shot at an 18 year old? Can't be true....

Reply #26097 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oh no, Crothers is giving out cheap shots? First McKay, and now Crothers? I can't believe what I'm reading ..... Next you'll tell me Al Green's still running around trash talking 18 year olds .....

Reply #26099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #26100 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Once again Moses comes up with another brain dead comment. When will you leave this forum? I guess its because you have no game and taking shots at people is just your style? Crothers may hand out a cheap shot but let me tell you if you wanted someone to stand next to you when a real fight broke out somewhere, he'd be there, probably not like you Mo...Green, McKay can trash talk whoever they want, they have the runs on the board unlike you...

Reply #26115 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Cheap shot or not I can't comment because I didn't see it but why wouldn't you? you have a young guy who obviously hasn't had anyone guard him the last few weeks and is thinking he is the warriors savior. I say give him a little one and realise it's not all easy out there. Well done the Beatcats and well done Crusher.

Reply #26119 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Crusher was just fixing his hair. It was a love tap. Well done West. Big win.

Reply #26125 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Steady Doug. Big Shane may dish out cheap shots (and no-one would deny that), but he uses his skills to benefit his team. Off the court, he's a pretty cool guy.

Al - always entertaining and same story - nice guy off the court.

Don't know what side of bed you woke up from today, but suggest you try the other side tomorrow morning.

Reply #26150 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Tks for the advice Mo, but I dont generally take advice from clowns.

Reply #26182 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

the fact is that,yes he gave out some cheap shots which shook zaneo up a bit and got him off his game. but nobody can say that they wouldnt do it if they new it would make there opponent play bad. the fact that it was on zane should'nt matter because his is playing men's basketball and being a good mate of zane's, he would have been expecting it before the game! He also gave a couple back.

The only one that i think was a little unnessary was where he swung his arm and connected with zane's head on the board. that is really the only bad one. the rest happens in every game.

Zane will learn from this experiance and become an even better player and hopefully kick his ass next time.

Reply #26183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he'll have to put on 20-30 kilos to have any chance against the crush man!!

Reply #26189 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

just relax on zano its his first bad game. hes been ripping up each week against established centres. Just go easy on him. He's a tough player so doesnt mind a bit of physical play, he knows that its good for him and its part of the game. i dont reckon the physicallness was the reason for the performance. it was just random

Reply #26200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

zane needs to maintain focus on the game and not enter into whinging about non calls or get involved in sledging because as soon as he does this his game goes way way down

Reply #26205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re post 26099 r u talking about a certain 19 year old who moved from eastern to mount gambier this year ??????

Reply #26208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754