paul
Years ago

Cairns sign Ayinde Ubaka, keep Kerry Williams

The Skytrans Cairns Taipans has shored up its floor generals for the 2010/11 National Basketball League season with the signing of American import Ayinde Ubaka and re-signing of Far North fan favourite Kerry Williams.

Ubaka, 25, a 195cm scoring point guard, was one of the import finds of the 2009-10 seasons, averaging 16.3 points and 4.2 assists a game shooting at 45% from the floor, 45% of three pointers and 90% from the free-throw line with the Gold Coast Blaze.
Great signing for the Taipans, exactly the sort of creative offensive player they were lacking last year.

Topic #23060 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You mean he wasn't asking $200k and likely to go to Europe? Go Dingo!

Reply #278579 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Actually Isaac, I thought he would sign with Melbourne with Ballinger...

Reply #278583 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Great signing, I'm an Ubaka fan.

Reply #278613 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Very good pickup by Cairns. I think this guy will also continue to improve as well.

Reply #278617 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

another positive signing for cairns.

kerry williams is one of the best ball handlers 'in traffic' in the league,a great press buster.

the ubaka/williams combination could be lethal,although it may take some time.

good to see kerry isnt playing state league this season,it wasnt helping his development at all.

ubaka will average 20+ points this season and cairns will be almost unbeatable at home.

Reply #278638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754