aphroditesmeasure
Years ago

36ers: Previous season vs upcoming season

Recently, I was asked by a couple interested in becoming 36ers members/corporate for the first time what I thought and generally what others thought of the roster for 2010/11 season. I know this thread has been posted previously however, as this couple are willing to fork out for a championship suite and arent internet guru's like the majority of us, would you if you were looking at coming on board, pay the odd 30k for a box based on this years roster considering last year, we finished bottom and have retained most of the previous playing group?

Topic #23071 | Report this topic

yo yo  
Years ago

I would not say 50% is a majority, new coach , new imports, what is not to like.

Reply #278656 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Despite getting the wooden spoon last year, the sixers were in the hunt for the playoffs right throughout the season. If it weren't for several brainfades late in games we would have finished higher, and once Gilly went down the team gave up...Marty Clarke won't let that happen.

Reply #278660 | Report this post

aphroditesmeasure  
Years ago

yo yo, from my perspective I think this years team is somewhat sounder than last year however the couple that are looking into a box, want a few peoples thoughts and those who attend games such as yourself.

No deal!, thanks for that. I tend to agree that Marty Clarke wont let a side slip that far. I think he is of the right sort(coachwise)

Reply #278663 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I think the strength of this year's team mainly depends on the quality of the imports, if you want to compare it to last year's squad. So maybe I might advise the couple to wait until we know who they are? Still, even in my most-pessimistic of mindsets, I don't think we'll be any worse than last year, and ultimately there's never a bad time to get on board with the Sixers! :)

Reply #278673 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

aphrodite, I'd recommend holding off this season and see the results of Marty Clarke at the helm of a young team.

It's a new formula for the club and I haven't seen such a youthful lineup since the Dunlap years. Hopefully a similar path will follow in this case (Semi Finals or Grand Finals) while under Clarke; but I'm not 100% sure if 30K is something you'd want to blow for this season.

If you're a die-hard fan and the cash isn't an issue, then go for it regardless. Otherwise go for a lesser option and upgrade for the season after.

Reply #278676 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Whilst the performance of the Team is an important factor, I would have thought that it is the atmosphere of the game itself that leads to whether or not it is good value.

Anyone investing around $30k would look at it as marketing value to clients first. A well performing team certainly adds to this value, but the opportunity to invite clients into a corporate box, along with the catering side, is the deciser.

Personally, I am just waiting for that Cross-lotto win and a courtside or corporate box will be high on the agenda. Be a hit with my mates for sure.

Reply #278677 | Report this post

Real Fan  
Years ago

It would depend on why they are buying a box.
If it is to market their business, network with clients I do not see what the team has to do with that. People I know who used the boxes last year were very happy with the product, even when the team finished bottom.
Being a corporate sponsor for any NBL team this year will be a bargain. I think it would be difficult for the Clubs to sell their corporate packages at the real price considering the marketing advantages of ONE HD, next year will be a different story, corporate prices will go up for sure.
My suggestion, get in now. It will buy some loyalty points and put them in a better negotiating position for next season.
If the supporters are going to hang off until the Club proves itself, it will generate a catch 22, less supporters, smaller budget, smaller budget has to hit the teams performance and service to sponsors and fans.
If the box is not used for a business network, I would suggest they buy some courtside seats and get down with the action

Reply #278679 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

With a lot of Friday night games at the Dome, corporate sponsors are probably going to get a bit of an upgrade in terms of TV presence this season. One HD is going to be showing a good number of Friday games I think.

If they got a suite, I think courtside advertising might be worth it as well since that will nearly always be on camera.

Reply #278681 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I don't see how you could have any hesitation in immediately recommending that said couple go ahead and buy a corporate box.

Recommend Sixers tickets to anyone and everyone you can. The more people that turn up, the better the atmospher and the more money the Sixers have to put together a sustainable and winning formula. Plus, you might get a few opportunities to sit in the said box during the season. It is a complete no-brainer.

If the season goes pear-shaped and your friends stop talking to you, well as they say it is always better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Reply #278687 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I totally agree with XY you should always recommend the Sixers to everyone, also if it is for the Advertising/Client entertainment, then your on the winning end no matter what happens on court, cos you will be in front of 5,000 eyes (roughly) every week not to mention if its on national TV. 30k is well worth the investment!!!

Reply #278692 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

As others have pointed out, look at what you get for your money. If you are wanting to buy a suite for corporate use, then the facilities at the dome are far better value than at AAMI stadium for example.

Compare the prices;

a suite at the dome for $30k (25,995 plus some catering), 16 seats x 14 games inc 8 car parks, 4 x tickets to the Auction night, MVP dinner and Season Launch, clear signage on the front of the box.

an enclosed box at AAMI for $45k or so, 12 seats x 11 games, some car parks, not much in the way of signage, no tickets to events etc.

If you are looking to use it to promote your business, you get far more for your dollar.

Reply #278704 | Report this post

ino  
Years ago

Yep Nbl games this year will be shown on one hd on Friday nights & Sunday arvo.

There is also a chance of some games on delayed late at night on Ten.

So this means lot's of TV coverage for Adelaide.

Reply #278715 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

In a close season - we weren't always a mile off the mark. NZ and MEL were shortpriced championship favorites based on roster, but didn't make finals.
The ball bounces the wrong way a few times and you go from one of the top teams to one of the bottom.
It'll be a close season again.
We've done a bit better signing a young australian player - giving a bit more roster depth, than last season.

Reply #278720 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Friday night games would be better for the corporate boxes you would think?
You could invite clients,friends,employes etc to have a social drink after work while watching a great game of basketball.
As mentioned in other threads people normally have plans for Saturday night so id imagine it would be eaiser to fill the box.

Reply #278948 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754