DB5
Years ago

NBA 2K11 and the G.O.A.T.

I know there are a few gamers out there that may enjoy reading this.

While it has been rumoured for a while, 2K sports today have confirmed that MJ will be on the cover of this year's version of one of the best games going around.

"We've made a lot of progress over the past 10 years, but we know we have the best NBA video game ever made here," Argent said. "So we thought to ourselves how can we embody that and there was only one person on that list who we wanted to have and that was Michael Jordan. Actually getting this done is the most ridiculous win of all-time."

Should be awesome!!!

http://linky.com.au/1iadh

Topic #23080 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

sweet that he is on the cover and no doubt playable, classic teams i hope.

Reply #278769 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Wonder if it's because he needs a bit of extra cash now that he's a team owner =P

Reply #278773 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Heh, I'd love it if they got to go ahead and make "classic" line-ups.

Fantasy matchup, 96 Bulls vs. 84 Celtics.

Reply #278794 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

NBA 2k11 is sounding good so far, 2k sports are claiming its their biggest leap forward from one year to next ever. Also NBA Live is no more, ea sports are renaming it NBA Elite. even though im a massive fan of 2k sports, NBA Live 95 will always be my favourite bball game of all time R.I.P.

Reply #278796 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Good call re Live 95.

I bought a Megadrive a few months ago and have been playing a full season with Deke and the upstart Nuggets. Love the gameplay. Haven't touched 2K since.

Reply #278798 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

maybe I'm wrong, but I heard the 2k10 did not go as well as previously anticipated and more people was going to purchase EA series next year.

and that's why 2K pulled this move of getting MJ on it's cover. it certainly have lot of people re-thinking which one to get.

Reply #278828 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

oh yeah and I bet LBJ will probably be cover for EA

Reply #278830 | Report this post

Spanner  
Years ago

@LA Boy
2k10 was a massive success. There's a press release on 2K Sports saying it had a 60% increase in sales over 2k9, which I guess is understandable for a 10 yr anniversary release.

NBA Live 10 was a huge improvement over the 09 disgrace, but it's still a mile behind the 2K series.

I hear they're gonna incorporate MJ in a unique new way into the series. He's not just going to be a playable um... player. Kind of like some of the things they've been doing with Guitar Hero of late. Should be interesting.

Reply #278932 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sweet, couple of updates on 2K11.

After playing the top 10 MJ games, 2K11 has a "creating a legend" mode.

Seems much like My Player, but you take a rookie MJ rated 79, and take him through the league until you build him up to a 99.

Apparently the initial MJ cames with the fade, and as the years go by in the game, the appearance changes to the bald look, bulked up, even down to the '97 mo!

Take him through to about 40 years old.

http://linky.com.au/1ryzy

Reply #286149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2K11 My player is awesome!!! it does leave NBA ELITE for dead. i have 2k8 and 2k11. 2k11 is the best yet. I wonder what they will bring us in 2012???

Reply #323153 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754