Schenscher Allen
Hinder
Crawford Import
M Cedar Blanchfield
Import Crosswell

Reply #278847 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Decent signing. Too good to be without a job in the NBL.

Reply #278848 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Decent lineup, like alot of the teams they will need a couple of pretty decent imports to put them over the top.

Reply #278849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not really a crowd drawing line up though...

Reply #278850 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Very good signing - he definitely makes them better and provides more depth.

Reply #278852 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

What, no Demos?!?! Bahahahahaha!

I agree, far too good a player to not still be in the league.

Reply #278860 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I think it's a poor signing!

I've never thought much of Crosswell. Limited offensively, and apart from being able to dribble the ball he doesn't have any oustanding qualities. Just my opinion.

If the Crocs were signing a back-up to an import point (who would be expected to log 30 minutes at the 1) I think they would be much better off saving some cash and going local. Chris Cedar will come good with time. They coulda kept Brad Williamson and used him with Crawford as surrogate ball handlers and picked up someone like John Fitzgerald.

Reply #278874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Chris Cedar will have to wait another season despite a strong showing in the ABA.

The line-up as follows:
C Schenscher, Allen
F Hinder
F Import, Blanchfield
G Crawford, M Cedar
G Import, Crosswell

No big time scoring there yet and not as good a shooting team losing Hoare, Williamson and Robertson. Crawford the only recognised defender on the outside and Allen, Blanchfield and M Cedar all unproven at the level.

Reply #278891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cedar is a gun

Reply #278926 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Michael Cedar is way overrated!! He is a hog and can't play defence to save himself!! Would rather Kelvin any day.

Reply #279083 | Report this post

From Melbourne  
Years ago

Crosswell is a hack, watched him play the other day, scored 6 layups, bricked all 5-7 jump shots and air-balled a free throw.

No wonder he got sacked from a tiger outfit that had no point guards signed until last week.

Reply #279329 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Crosswell is the type of player successfull teams have. Played super for the Tigers in 08 when he became the first non-import/Boomer to start at pg for an NBL championship team.

Does have his limitations though, which are obvious to everyone who sees him shoot a three pointer! BTW, his career free throw % is in the 70s which is most respectable.

This signing asllows the Crocs to get an import pg who can slide to the shooting guard, which I think is important given Crawford will prob have to play a bit of SF this year when the import forward is resting or at the PF spot.

Reply #279341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754