Anonymous
Years ago

Beasley and Haslem maybe playing for Puerto Rico

It has been reported on fiba.com that Miami Heat Forwards Michael Beasley and Udonis Haslem are being chased buy Puerto Rico as they have Puerto Rican Heritage. Well Chris Kaman did it. What are you guys thoughts. It would be a pretty decent line-up.

Arroyo/Barea/Rivera
Ayuso/Diaz
Beasley/Vassallo
Haslem/Sanchez/Reyes
Ramos/Santiago

Topic #23146 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Carmelo Anthony to that team aswell his father is Puerto Rican. I lost respect for melo after i heard he could of played for Puerto Rico, as I have always have wanted to play for the country my father came from (New Zealand) and also it would be good for the international stage to see more teams compete with Team USA.

Reply #279630 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I know how to spell Puerto Rico. Does that get me a game? Sounds a bit silly to this observer.

Reply #279632 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Bart & millhouse got a game with Canada so anythings possible!

Reply #279655 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

You lost respect for Carmelo after he played for the country he was born & raised in and not some country he has never lived in?

Reply #279665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes i am entitled to my opinion.

Reply #279672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reports are false about Haslem and Beasley. But Renaldo Balkman has been selected in a 24 man prelimery squad.

Reply #279678 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

carmelo has played for USA so can never play for any other country.
FIBA rules !

Reply #279700 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Spot on. Melo has represented USA so cannot play for another country.

Reply #279701 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I lost respect for melo when he lost respect for his opposition during the olympics. Even his teammates didnt want him there. He is a cancer and will never ever ever win a championship. Mark my words.

Reply #279742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worthington should have broke Melo's nose in the olympics.

Reply #279747 | Report this post

titan 76  
Years ago

dr bullshit, melo won an ncaa championship as a freshman at syracuse in 2003 (their first ever by the way)... apparently he wasn't so much of a cancer on that team... maybe your name is true?

Reply #279849 | Report this post

ruben  
Years ago

Beasly I don't know haslem Yes he is Puertorican !!!!!
U guys need to respect where u parents are from,those are
U roots and blood is u family are from whatever place in this
World that make u to half & half b proud .....

Reply #326724 | Report this post

ruben  
Years ago

I for got!!!! YES CARMELO he does touch Puerto Rico a lot grandparents leave in PR he always go over to see them and got a apartment to

Reply #326725 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754