Anonymous
Years ago

Phillips, Gahan, Woosnam

Saw these 3 walking down Semaphore Road on the weekend... Pity none of them with be in Lightning colours next season...

Topic #23152 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt think Woosnam and Phillips were that close...

Reply #279711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woosnam has already signed?

Reply #279718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Sam would have an out clause if she got another offer elsewhere. I am thinking Europe.

Reply #279728 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Sam Woosnam is cute and I still fancy her.

Reply #279754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think she has numerous outclauses and from what I've heard will not play for Lightning anyway.
When is the Opals touring squad annouced? Phillips should make it based on her form in Europe and the recent games. Thoughts?

Reply #279758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard she had a blanket out clause, i.e. if she doesn't like the look of the team, she can bail.

Reply #279760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Champ, Erin Phillips is cuter and I still fancy her!

Reply #279775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how fit does erin look here - woah !

http://linky.com.au/ghnio

Reply #279776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gahan wont be back -we may try - i heard sam had signed - no way she will go to europe - not fit enough. erin will head east to stay under the wing of national coaches.

adelaide will be perth lynx this season - no local sesnsation - all we will get will be bench players from teams that had cut them.

maybe try erin lorenzini ?

Reply #279777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you have to go through the opals pics to find the one of EP

Reply #279778 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I doubt Woosnam would have trouble finding a gig in Europe. Maybe not a top Italian team but there are plenty of other leagues in Europe that are probably around ABL level and still pay their imports a reasonable wage. It would probably be a lifestyle choice rather than a financial one?

Reply #279794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasnt sam in spain when she did her knee?

Reply #279809 | Report this post

Titan 20  
Years ago

Someone suggested Erin Lorenzini? I have just looked up her stats. She is presently playing in the Waratah League for Manly, so she is still in Sydney.

Her stats are outstanding. Can not believe that she is not getting a game for Sydney. Last week her team played against a team that had a Flames player in it and I presume Erin would have played on her (Watman), anyway the Box Scores tell the tale. Just have a look at her year thus far, it's outstanding. I can't believe that she is not getting a game somewhere.

Perhaps Adelaide could entice her back. She was such a talent and an all round great person.

Reply #280317 | Report this post

Nix 53  
Years ago

Doesn't the fact that she has tried at 4 different clubs and each has let her go say something?

Obviously doesn't want to except the role she is offered. And creates problems. Not to mention she just fouls people left right and centre.

Reply #280320 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

'roids and she-man are the first words that come to mind when I look at those latest pics of Erin..

Reply #280424 | Report this post

Titan 20  
Years ago

Nix53 I'm not sure where you get your facts, or if they are facts but if you look it up - Erin Lorenzini has only played with Adelaide and Sydney. She was asked as a Junior to train with Dandenong but was never signed she was only 16 or 17 at the time. So she hasn't been to 4 clubs as you state.

Also, you stated that she just fouls people left,right and centre. I went and found out the facts, you can do it too you know, just look up the Competition Stats. This year she has never left the court with 5 fouls and averages 2.5 fouls per game. However, she has been fouled 51 times in ten games and most of the time is ending up at the line. She is also averaging 97% from the line and averaged 5 assists in those 10 games. She is also the leagues highest scorer.

I remember watching her play at North Adelaide and she was hard at it. Didn't give an inch but the thing that stood out the most was her love for the game. She got respect and gave it. It's a pity she is no longer in the game. The lightning could do worse that sign someone like her.

Reply #280433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754