Random
Years ago

No perkins... what does it mean

without perkins at the centre spot what are celtics chances now

Topic #23158 | Report this topic

Juror 12  
Years ago

Provided that KG, Sheed and Baby stay out of foul trouble I don't think it is a big issue.

Reply #279795 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Juror - anytime your starting centre goes down in the NBA finals, its a massive issue. He's the C's best post defender, most physical presence on the court.

Big Baby has been a spark off the bench, but hasn't had to worry about his fouls. Same with Sheed, who probably has the highest fouls/per minute out of any player.

The Celts only saving grace is that Bynum would probably be on the injured list if it wasn't the Finals. If he was fully fit and had to be guarded by Sheed or Big Baby for long stretches, he would score or get fouled on every play then start to demand a double.

Sheed and Big Baby probably hold the key for the C's. Bill Simmons would be crapping himself right now.

Reply #279796 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It means the rest of the Celtics need to step it up big time, and;

- Garnett, Wallace and Davis need to stay out of foul trouble early, and effectively defend Gasol and Odom
- Have big scoring games from Allen, Pierce and Rondo
- The Celtics need points off the bench
- Everyone to hit the glass

Reply #279798 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No Perkins...... Gasol goes for 20/15 and the Lakers win the game

Reply #279802 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Unfortunately I have to agree w TR

Reply #279818 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Don't forget Scalabrine, he could be the chosen one.....

Reply #279821 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Imagine Scalabrine being the difference between winning and losing an NBA championship? I'm sure the Lakers faithful would not be very impressed ;)

Reply #279823 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

No perkins... what does it mean?

...that boy needs Therapy

Reply #279824 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I am not very impressed with a ginger who is wearing a white headband, whilst dressed in green!

Leprachauns anybody?

Reply #279826 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Marty is that a frontier psychiatrist reference?

Reply #279827 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Perkins has been average (terrible at times) in this series on both ends. As far as being a physical presence KG and Baby have done a better job than Perkins of that this series.

The interesting question is who does Doc start? Sheed or Baby?

I really think this could end up being a positive for the Celtics - it should really open up the lanes for Rondo (who is the one guy that really needs to get going).

I think the ref's will do the right thing and make sure the Boston bigs don't get in foul trouble.

Celtics by 5.

Reply #279828 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

10pts to DB5. =D

You're officially DB15 now.

Reply #279830 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Rasheed started in a great Detroit side for years & wont be scared of this occasion. Lakers in a thriller!

Reply #279831 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

gotta start sheed, his post defence I think has been terrific in the finals. Bring big baby off the bench, Sheed has started his whole career and knows how to get the job done.

still see lakers getting up, dont see Bynum playing to many minutes. C's big 4 have been to inconsistent for me to see them winning this one.

Reply #279832 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Defensively, Celtics did ok after Perkins went down. It was their lack of running an offence and poor shot selection that led to their loss in game 6. Pick that up and it will make a big difference.

Reply #279835 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

They played game 6 like they still had another chance - this is it baby!

Reply #279838 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Gold. Thought so Big Marty...ha ha. Going to stay unofficial as 5 still.

I do think the Celtics played game 6 knowing that they had a game in hand. Obviously they did not want to lose the game, but I think mentally they just were not switched on like they should have been. Game 7 will be totally different IMO.

Perkins is a huge loss no matter what his stats are.
He takes up a substantial part of the paint, allowing KG and Pierce to gamble a lot more than normal on defense. Add to this, he can score, he can rebound, and he does allow Davis to then come off the bench and add a major energy boost. Davis starting, does not have the same influence IMO.

On the flip side, this means now you need to start Wallace. This could be the make or break for the Celtics. Which Wallace will show up?
The potential game breaker that the Celtics went looking for last off season for this exact scenario?
Or the out there, crazy guy that is talented, however can be a game loser with his antics and attitude?

I am still going the Celtics. By 5.

Reply #279841 | Report this post

Chucker  
Years ago

Lakers in 7, only 13 hrs til game time. The boy needs therapy...What a whacky song/film-clip.

There have been 4 game 7's between these teams and the combined score difference is 16 points! It's going to be tight, I'm looking to see Rasheed and KG's heads explode at some point.

Lakers should have baited Rasheed in game 6 when Doc left him in.

Redemption is nearly upon us!!

Reply #279844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those relying on FTA One HD are showing Game 7 at 1:30pm Saturday afternoon.

Reply #279851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754