Isaac
Years ago

Ben Allen added to Boomers squad

Just heard this - can anyone confirm?

Topic #23163 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's being taken out? And where'd you hear it?

Reply #279853 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

News to me...can't find anything anywhere.

I would doubt anyone has been cut, more likely someone has picked up an injury and cover is required one would think.

Reply #279854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I played a Ministry MP3 backwards and it sounded like it said "Benalleboomer" in the outro so I'm just going on that.

Reply #279855 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Jawai added now.

Reply #279857 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Added a specific thread for the Jawai news since a few people will have been interested to see him in the Adelaide game at least.

Reply #279858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Confirmation arrives:

New Townsville Crocs recruit Ben Allen has been called into Perth to replace Mark Worthington at the Boomers camp ahead of the Boomers World Challenge against world number one-ranked Argentina next week.

Allen will join the squad at camp on Sunday at the Western Australia Basketball Centre.

The 211cm centre had his first Boomers call-up last week when he was invited to the Boomers Workout at the Australian Institute of Sport.

He is excited about the prospect of representing his country after recently finishing a collegiate career with St Mary's University in California where his team reached the illustrious NCAA Sweet 16 Basketball Tournament for the first time in school history.

"Back when I played Argentina as a member of the Australian U21 side in 2005 it was great but it was probably before any Olympians played for them, so this time I’m very eager to show national selectors at the camp what I can do and hopefully if I’m lucky get the opportunity to play against them," Allen said.

“They’re an exciting team with a lot of bigs and have players in the NBA and Euro leagues so it’s pretty awesome.”
Worthington has commitments with his German team.

Reply #279912 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Needless to say - I woulda called Ballinger.

Reply #279918 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

at the pub

Reply #279919 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754