Jack Toft
Years ago

R12 ABA Action

Rockets-Eagles @ Hillcrest
M: Rockets host the Eagles who, with 3 strikes, are having a mid season slump. Eagles might swoop in for a win, but unlikely. Rockets 77 to 74. What's happening at the Eagles?
W: A loss to the Rockettes could see them tumble out of the 5. A win over the Lady Mavs will see the Tigeresses jump into the 5 for the first time. Eagles should win the early game 71 to 63.

Flames-Sabres @ Mars
The admission price at Mars is higher than most stadiums for a reason - another GOTR in both mens and womens.
M: The Flames will need to win this one if they want a morale boost to get the three-peat this season. Both Master Coachs will see this battle Royale go to the wire. A goal either way will decide it. Too close to call.
W: Another battle Royale. The freeflowing Lady Flames face the best defence in Sturt. No one has scored more than 69 against Sturt this season and the result is likely to be a narrow win either way. I am tipping Lady Flames by 3.

Tigers-Mavs @ Siberia South
M: Tigermen have gone down six in a row and will host a Mavs outfit still gunning for 5th. Mavs will keep their finals hopes alive with an 80 to 77 win. Tigers to start thinking about the end of season trip.
W: A BIG game for both teams. A Tiger win and Rockettes loss means they get into the 5, a Lady Mavs win keeps their finals chances alive. Better make sure the refs are top notch 'cos this one is going to extra time, maybe twice. Go you Tigers.

Bearcats-Lions @ Port Misery
M: A Westies win could see them go top as % separates the top 3. Molitor and Davidson having superb seasons and must be tamed for the Lions to have a chance. Lions have been unlucky this season and with nothing to lose and could snare a surprise win if Westies go in too confident. Likely that Westies could be top at the end of the round.
W: Hard to see the Lionesses get a win here. Bearcats will consolidate their position in the top 4.

Warriors-Panthers @ St Clair
M: Warriors looking to get a hat trick of wins – when was the last time that happened? Panthers took the honours last time by 13, but Warriors seem to be getting better each week. Warriors to get the hat trick 77 to 75.
W: Panthers have been the quiet achievers this season. A win here keeps their finals chances alive and I reckon they would be confident going into the game. Panthers with a 2 point win. Log jam for 5th spot.

Topic #23167 | Report this topic

LOL  
Years ago

Jack,

Have you taken into account No Foley, Duke or Williams for Norwood in the womens?

And top spot is decided by head to head, or 3 way splits, not percentage!

Reply #279864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

late mail on foley is she will play.. and as for williams what has she done?

Reply #279869 | Report this post

SG  
Years ago

late mail.... Lions no chance

Reply #279870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Molitor played reserves football for West Adelaide last weekend, has he quit basketball or is he trying to do both? Very tough ask to try and do both especially on the same day.

Reply #279885 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good intel on Molly if true, but Westies don't list him on their teamlists so might have to check it's not another team. The footy thing didn't work out for JD, but could for Molly.

I see #49 for Eagles is a strapping young lad who is not unfamiliar to many basketball fans

Reply #279906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a c molitor on westies res. list last week played full forward but not on this weeks list ....

Reply #279910 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Seeing as there was no ABl last week, Maybe he decided to play a game of football

He wouldnt be the only person in this country to fill in for footy club when basketball takes a weekend off

Reply #279916 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Seeing as there was no ABl last week, Maybe he decided to play a game of football

He wouldnt be the only person in this country to fill in for footy club when basketball takes a weekend off

Reply #279917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lady Flames dont have a Williams in the team...

or do you mean MacDermott? And if so, why isnt she playing?

Reply #279930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers planning end of season trip or a farewell party for the coach??

Reply #279940 | Report this post

oberon29  
Years ago

Actually LOL, positions are decided by % during the season, and head to head at the completion of the season. So at this stage, % will decide top spot.

Reply #279943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the lions girls should come away with a good win the roumour is that the west girls only have 7 in thier team this week, and no bigs

Reply #279944 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thanks Oberon, that was my understanding too

Reply #279946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To "fill in" would be to go and play at a lower level. To play a game at West Adelaide Reserves would mean there is more to it. I would say that West Adelaide wouldn't just bring in a no name bloke who hasn't been playing football for one game to "fill in", considering they would have a list of young players raring to get a league/reserves game.

Reply #279954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to give it away glen, losing to Woodville.

Reply #279985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west men easy win over lions with Brad D. hitting 42 points with 12 out of 15 3s

Reply #279994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did woodville beat south in womens? pls confirm.

Reply #279996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt women beat Norwood 61 - 48.

Reply #279998 | Report this post

SS Tomatin  
Years ago

At Port Misery, yes ,the audience saw a mighty performance.The Hoop ring was HUGE.Glad I was there moment.It could force all bets off for the Woolacott.But credit due Lions Men pushed and were credible.Just it was 5 vs 1?
The Bearcats Women had the bench 5 starting.A Hospital waiting list.There's no one left.They had to put a costume on the canteen lady,LOL.But Irene top scored with 28,Sam Woosy and Lisa got under there fingernails.Smallest team in height you will ever see win.The Lions were favourites at the start,it was that ridiculous.
Nice cosy floor rug in the Bar Upstairs now.Just needs a fireplace to complement.......

Reply #279999 | Report this post

Ceres 37  
Years ago

Only 4 out of 10 Stats webcasts working this week. Is that an all time low?

Reply #280013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do apologise. When I loaded the Men's Norwood vs Sturt game last night it was coming up as being loaded. Don't know why it isn't this morning. In the process of webcasting it again now.

Reply #280016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok, that should be fixed, is working for me now.

Reply #280017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the question for lady bearcats is can they get everyone on the park at the same time for a decent stretch and put it together

Reply #280019 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville women beat south by 9 after being down by 14 at one stage.

Reply #280021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood men beat sturt!! they are looking the goods at the moment!

Reply #280022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on the Forestville v North games?

Reply #280023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South women need need to recruit or become the new centrals.

Reply #280024 | Report this post

Thats a lil harsh.

Check out the logjam between 5 and 9th spots, with just under half the season to play.

Reply #280025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any feedback from norwood sturt game?
also the north forestville.
im talking mens too

Reply #280026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt got rattled losing in the 4th, and probably got reminded of last years Grand Final. A foul by Ng in the last 20 seconds should have been unsportmanlike, but wasnt called. This started some remonstrating which saw the Sturt bench clear out and some decent push and shove. Maynard ended up with Webber in a headlock. Holmes, Maynard and Webber all tossed from the game. Norwood went into the "bar" area to sing the club song after Webber tried to join in on court, but was loudly reminded he wasnt allowed to.

Sturt coaching staff all lucky not to be tossed as well for entering the court area during the melee.

Reply #280027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a dirty elbow from ng that started the whole saga. jacob holmes running in like he was hulk hogan didnt help either! norwood again had the final laugh, and were deserved winners. sturt just looked like a bunch of knobs! how ng was not tossed baffled me. he is a protected species. all he got out of the whole thing was a personal foul. absolute joke!!!

Reply #280028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Sturt bench player entered but one Norwood player did. Coaches are allowed on to the court to break up a fight which they were doing.

Reply #280038 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

South women need to recruit or become the new centrals.

interesting they recruited plenty ex warriors and that appears to have failed - why not our juniors dev local talent - still we persist in non dev. need to find a big and point guard

Reply #280046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panthers should start bonding with SANFL brothers... share the misery a little.

Reply #280047 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Sturt would be very disappointed with a couple of their stars - turned a faint chance of a win into a certain loss when they couldn't control their emotions.

Reply #280050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All south's better junior players left because the senior coach wouldn't nurture them.

Reply #280052 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

Anon 280052, Which South jnr's left because the senior coach would nuture them? You've made the comment now back it up with names?

Reply #280068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can help with two, Maddy C to Southern and Brittany M-W to Woodville, are there more?

Reply #280082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt players not controlling their emotions?? .. Never!!!

Flat track bullies is what they are, seniors and juniors

Reply #280087 | Report this post

XTC  
Years ago

Think you'll find Maddy left cause the senior coach wasnt prepared to put her above more proven senior players. Why would you put her above players like Kylie Evans, Claire Johnson and Sarah Peddle.

Brittany didnt want to put the hard yards in. You cant pick and choose what trainings you want to come to and then don't show up without telling anybody and still expect to picked in the squad.

To many jnrs coming up through want it all now without doing the hard yards and proving themselves first.

Reply #280089 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have warriors finally unearthed a coach to take their women forward
think much credit goes to club with persisting with structure that being fruition to a program - where are knockers now that results are on the board - big win to warrior womens
much to be learnt

Reply #280092 | Report this post

Anon456  
Years ago

"south women need to find a big and a point guard" A big i agree with but claire johnson is probably one of the better point guards in the league. who do u suggest replace her, short of getting jess mahoney to leave forestville?

Reply #280095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maddy had more potential than Johnston and is and was light years ahead of peddle

Reply #280103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Claire is a great players and is the best point guard South have a lot of juniors in there squad they will be find and someone said you need to put in the work and the juniors coming up will. As for Glen he is a great coach let it be.

Reply #280119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon092:
Settle down you beat South who would struggle with their structure to beat an egg

Reply #280120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When will the photos be post for the south and woodville game

Reply #280121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a great theory, but Mady doesn't even play point guard at Southern, Hendry and Cutri do it. Mady is a 2 guard.

I would think that Johnson is one of the better point guards in the comp right now.

But nobody else in the South squad would be good enough to crack the top 4 teams at full strength.

Reply #280125 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

"Shooting - the most important skill in Basketball and still the skill that coaches spend the least time teaching correctly" - My memory of a Quote from the maker of the "Swish" shooting videos.

Interesting to see what effect defensive pressure (if any) has on shooting percentage. Lady Mavs took 24 more shots than Tigers and still lost by 27 points.

And how valuable is a good point guard who can shoot the ball, Brad Davidson's 42 points came at an amazingly high %.

Reply #280132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

125....Didn't realize that any of the other teams were beating the door down to get your 30 year old, reasonable but not outstanding point but you keep thinking that and let it keep you warm at the bottom of the table where you will remain.

Reply #280133 | Report this post

Dad B good  
Years ago

I must say that I was a little disappointed with the Sturt / Norwood game.
Sturt officials did enter the court whereas Norwood officials stayed put, good control.
A great battle turned into a shame when my childs hero, Dinga, headlocks Webber until he turned purple, right in front of the kids. No tech foul or even a report to be seen.
To the players credit though, they all had a bite to eat at the end and Ng and Webber where even seen discussing the game personally, well done.
Although, one Sturt player left the stadium in tears with his father in tow, no uniform, without sociallising or staying for the supper.
Be a big boy next time TD, and don't sook please at this level.

Reply #280134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it unusual for Sturt players to leave the stadium without their uniform. What does this mean Dad?

Reply #280140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#028, Is there a difference between a dirty elbow and a clean elbow? Just need to understand so I can instruct my team what is acceptable!!

Reply #280141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dad b good TD had to head to hospital for stitches!!

Reply #280146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ng also left without coming in for any food, but i did see him go to apologise to webber

Reply #280156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TD left to get stitched. Dr Darren Ng did the stitching.

Reply #280157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did Matt Williams foul out in 6mins.. any body at the southern mavs mens game??

Reply #280158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get your facts right fools

Reply #280159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, no minutes for Jarryd Fildes. He has only played in 4 out of the 11 games he has been named. Surely he could have got some game time with Michael Florance shooting 1 of 16

Reply #280160 | Report this post

Tom Daly  
Years ago

dad b good,

Im pretty disapointed to hear what you've said about me mate.
I havent commented on this forum before and usually dont have any interest in this site and the people that post stuff on here, but my mate told me to have a look at your comment and i thought i'd have a word.

I did go into the rooms and i had a piece of pizza, but yes i was in abit of a rush as i did have to go promptly to hospital to get my eye stitched up. I wasn't crying either, unless you count bleeding from the eye crying? And as a matter of fact i was one of the players on the court not to get involved in the fight apart from trying to pull my team mates out of it. So please don't lie, and question my maturity again in a public forum. If u have any more incorrect comments or lies you want to put on the internet about me come and see me face to face and ask me for the facts first.

have a good nite buddy

Reply #280161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom its best not to reply to the fools that write crap like that.. They get thier thrills writing crap and posting non truths. Hope your cut heals and keep you the good work on the court .....AND NO I am not from sturt,

Reply #280163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops, where was Dad when you went on the net Tom? Sharks will surely smell blood now. :(

Lock it quick Mods!!!

Reply #280165 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Crikey! These weekly threads deteriorate pretty quickly

Reply #280166 | Report this post

bball4lyfe  
Years ago

Don't sweat this site Tom. It is mostly a bunch of has beens or never were's that like to get on here and trash talk people with real talent and skill. Keep up your work and focus on the court and let these people say what they want about us players. It is good for entertainment only, no real facts.

Reply #280169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a Sturt person but have seen Tom play, coach and chatted briefly after a junior game and he deserves more respect than shown by Dad b.

Tom, it is not just Sturt people who respect and acknowledge the way you conduct yourself. All the best.

Reply #280183 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Also worth mentioning that the Sturt official that entered the court was only interested in getting Ninja off the court, and was politely thanked by one of the Norwood players as he walked off.

Reply #280193 | Report this post

Nix 34  
Years ago

Tom - this is the only stage where some of the more twisted supporters can spread a little spite under cover of anonymity. Most reasonable people choose not to feed into the crappy stuff but good on you for challenging the daddybomb on his nasty comments. Probably some poor kid's parent. As a relation (not parent) of one of the juniors who has been serially targeted on here, I understand the need to challenge the lies at times. Unfortunately, the negativity permeating the sport in SA begins with stuff like this, from parents or supporters who have no respect for the game or for other talented players or their clubs.

Anyone at the game on Saturday night knows that both you and Ng were on the end of some really ugly stuff that went uncalled right through the game (sorry, maybe the opposition had clean elbows not dirty ones- one in particular!). A guaranteed recipe for a major scuffle is poor umpiring associated with tight scoring.

Congrats on your selection for the Singapore camp Tom. Claiming the truth for a lie is the bad form you can expect from people who either never had it or are well past it. Your best days are still ahead of you.

Reply #280195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are u saying the play that cut toms eye open was dirty? from where i was sitting it looked like a pretty innocent elbow in a rebounding contest, was just unfortunate that he got cut from it

Reply #280258 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Good on ya Tom for sticking up for yourself - Unfortunately some people who participate in and spectate in this sport are just plain naaasty and will take any opporunity to stick it to players that are better than or went further than their own Little Danny (or themselves)and will go to any lengths to put down, criticize kids that are superior in athleticism, skill and dedication to their own kids, and will seize any opportunity to do it. But you know what there is a thing called "karma" and to all you parents that think you have the right to criticize anyone elses kid I hope that the "fleas from a thousand camels" come and bite you on the arse.

Reply #280265 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

Time to lock this one Isaac.

Tom, keep playing well, no need to respond to anon criticism.
Tom's mates, don't wind him up, better left unsaid.
Everyone else, don't get sucked in by a nasty comment, ignore it and it will go away, comment and they have suceeded.

I am sure Jack Toft is shaking his head at another hijack.

Pretty sure BSA will be handling the outcome of the game as well, reviewing tapes as we speak.

Reply #280275 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oh, you betcha!

Reply #280279 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Do you get less time for an early Guilty plea and avoid the tribunal?

Reply #280281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, lock it up before somebody changes the topic to Glen Shaw and the Woodville debacle..!

Reply #280287 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Why is it a debacle for Woodville to beat South? They are both on 4 wins and the first round was a close win to South when they still had their import.

Reply #280318 | Report this post

SSTomatin  
Years ago

Its been round 11,come and gone and at this point halfway through the season I want to applaud JackToft for the multiple fruitful Posts.The generated debate,insightful inputs and alarmingly spiteful attacks provide all of us a place to come exclusively to voice some comment ,good or bad on the senior competition.A forum site not available through the Daily Paper or Sports Radio Stations.I appreciate that.
I am not related to him,receiving gratuities or even having sex!!I dont know him and he could be Batman for all I know.

Reply #280319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go south.....

Reply #280342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gone south to be more precise

Reply #280346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754