LC
Years ago

2010 NBA Draft Talk

With the NBA Championship lost and won, our attention now shifts across to the next season, beginning with the 2010 edition of the NBA draft.

Australia once again has a draft hopeful in former AIS star and Vanderbilt standout AJ Ogilvy leaving college 1 year early and putting his name into the ring. Fellow junior Anatoly Bose of Nicholls State also put his name in but elected to pull out and focus on his senior year with the Colonels instead.

Following a stellar freshman season, AJ Ogilvy was once projected as a first round lottery pick. But now pundits have him being picked as a late second rounder if at all. Although one would expect even if he is drafted, a European contract beckons instead.

So who is your top 5? Here is how I see it unfolding:

1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. Wesley Johnson
4. Greg Monroe

I also see AJ Ogilvy being drafted in the 2nd round at pick 59 - the 2nd last pick in the draft.

Topic #23178 | Report this topic

lickitysplit  
Years ago

No Cousins? U think he will slide that far?

Reply #280012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1.John Wall
2.Evan Turner
3.Wes Johnson
4.Derrick Favors
5.Demarcus Cousins

Reply #280015 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think Cousins will go 6th.

Reply #280034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cousins would be handy for detroit.

Reply #280036 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Cousins could potentially be the next Derrick Coleman the guy has serious attitude problems and is scaring the hell out of teams. Dont be suprised to see him slide as teams dont want to gamble.

Reply #280042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no matter who ever picked where, the Sophmores are in for a flogging. Rookies would have a great team.

Wall/Bledsloe
Turner/Henry
Johnson/Aminu
Favors/Monroe
Cousins/Aldrich

Reply #280066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont agree, sophmores will still win, with evans, jennings, curry, blair, caspi all improved after a year in the league

Reply #280093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So your saying that Dejuan Blair at 5 and Taj gibson at 4 with Jerebko and thabeet as backups will dominant Cousins, Favors, Griffin, Aldrich, monroe and that tyreke evans at the 2 will be able to guard evan turner.(I dont think so) You nee to watch a bit more basketball mate.

Reply #280098 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Here is My picks for the lottery picks

1 Washington Wizards John Wall
2 Philadelphia 76ers Evan Turner
3 New Jersey Nets DeMarcus Cousins
4 Minnesota Timberwolves Wesley Johnson
5 Sacramento Kings Derrick Favours
6 Golden State Warriors Al Farouq Aminu
7 Detroit Pistons Gleg Monroe
8 Los Angeles Clippers Ekpe Udoh
9 Utah Jazz Cole Aldrich
10 Indiana Pacers Xavier Henry
11 New Orleans Hornets Ed Davis
12 Memphis Grizzlies Luke Babbitt
13 Toronto Raptors Patrick Patterson
14 Houston Rockets Daniel Orton

Reply #280104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way would Favours drop past Cousins, nor will he drop to 5th

Reply #280145 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Favors will definitely go ahead of Cousins, and I'll stick with my predicted top 5 thanks.

Reply #280155 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I see AJ Ogilvy not being draft at all

Reply #280179 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AJ not being drafted a a huge possibility. I still think his talent and skills will translate far better to the European game than that of the NBA.

Reply #280184 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I think he will just miss out in the draft, Teams will pick the european players of him but AJ will certain get his oppurtunity if he decides to go to European improve his game and come back in 12 months for the NBA Summer League

Reply #280185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754