William Wallace
Years ago

Why didn't the 36ers sign Ben Madgen?

Why didn't the sixers try to sign Ben Madgen when they could and before the kings snapped him up??
I saw him play against the southern tigers on sat night and he was very good.
okay it was southern but he still played very well.
disciplined, unselfish and physically when needed.
it also helps when you have quality support in jordan and brad hill.
also the reffing in that game was reasonably decent which was also nice to see.

Topic #23186 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because they already have herbie, hilly and Darren hg.

Reply #280127 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Would Jordan Dodman be worth another look in the NBL, i remember seeing him a few years back play a few minutes for the 36ers under Phil and he seemed ok and was only 18 or 19 at the time, is he worth signing into the squad of say 12 or as a DP (if eligible) for the 36ers or any other NBL team.

Reply #280128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also can someone tell if Magden was originally a sixer before he went to college. im sure he was a development player

Reply #280129 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Yes he sat on the bench 5 years ago, no $ as he intended to go to College.

Reply #280130 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dodman didn't really last the distance. Seemed to lack discipline and lost interest from what I could tell?

Reply #280131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He lacked a kneck too, but i digress ;)

Reply #280136 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Dodman was crap then and is still crap now after discovering he is crap at footy.
He is currently averaging bugger all rebounds in a team that is no good
- Must be some sort of record with 4 ex/current NBL players in a team and not make the playoffs.
Dodman gets less rebounds than shane breheny - who also should never had a chance to pull on a 36er uniform - gotta thank his dad for that one.

Reply #280137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it also helps when you have quality support in jordan and brad hill.

Reply #280143 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Dodman is useless. I think he's focusing on some territary studies when the 2nd semester kicks off.

Reply #280153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a couple of years ago Dodman was playing SANFL Reserves for North Adelaide, did he ever play a league game? I gather he's given up on footy and come back to basketball again.

Reply #280171 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

All I remember is him getting the ball in the open court and missing a point-blank layup.

That pretty much said it all.

Reply #280173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think it 'says it all', more that he was likely nervous. He has talent, there just seem to be a few indicators that he's struggled to stick with the sport and put in enough to get further. And even then, sometimes that's difficult to judge given the impact a potential 3-4 year NBL bench career can have on other opportunities.

Reply #280175 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall he was a DP for 2 years , then Smyth said he wouldn't make the sixers ten, next season, so he might be better off doing a Brogan.
(That may have been a mutual thing.)
Didn't see enough of him. But EG , a trial game here against Brisbane, he looked pretty good.

Reply #280177 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

'Kneck'? Are you serious?

I always thought Dodman had potential as a 10-to-15-mins-per-game reserve big-man, from the little court-time he used to get.

Reply #280189 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Interesting how a thread on signing Madgen has turned into a discussion/hate thread for Jordy. Talk about getting off topic!

Reply #280204 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Speaking of getting off topic - Who was that English bowler without a "kneck"?

Reply #280238 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Gladstone Small.

Reply #280240 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

saw dodman in social not long ago, he didnt even barely do anything out there, air balled an 8ft jum shot, never ever for the nbl

Reply #280499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jordy dodman is a legend!

Reply #280789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dodman is terrible. i played against him at unley socially i think it was B or C grade his team was winning by 20 points and he decided to dunk just before the buzzer to really rub it in.... well done you beat us but i didnt expect to play an ex-36er in C grade social basketball who is in prime age... you lemon and thank god i wont see you in a sixers uniform let alone an ABA team :)

Reply #285859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754