foul line
Years ago

Real reason behind Forestville games being called off?

What was the real reason behind games being called off at Forestville last Friday night. Reasons given were the floors were sweating !! some parents heard saying thank god our Girls had such a hard weekend in Melb last weekend. Well i forgot only Forestville travel.

Topic #23200 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

What a pointless bitchy thread. Yes parents probably did say that, but they cancelled games because of this? Get a life. They cancelled Saturdays games as well. Most Saturdays including under 10s do not even go to Melbourne.

Reply #280345 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Stupidest thread ever...and that's really saying something!

It was dangerous so games were cancelled. End of story.

Reply #280350 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

I 'heard' that they put the sprinklers on to wet the pitch errr I mean court, so that Forestville didn't have to play.
Ever heard of "duty of care"?

Reply #280353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U10's played on Saturday at Wayville as only Court 1 and 3 were impacted

Reply #280355 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Sweaty courts,only in adelaide?

Reply #280359 | Report this post

This has happened at Wayville before. It normally only happens when it's really humid, but I have had games called off as we were warming up due to it being too slippery. If games had gone on I could have seen at least one or two ankles being rolled maybe worse, it didn't seem too safe. Wayville need to do something about this, more ventalation is needed to prevent it happening again. Maybe some airconditioners would be good also to stop games being cancelled in summer due to heat. The fans at the ends of the courts don't seem to be working.
Stop hating on Forestville, they didn't build Wayville.
p.s. I'm not from Forestville either.

Reply #280362 | Report this post

BSA couldnt afford the compo payout if your lil precious rolled his/her ankle, end of story.

I'm not a huge fan of Forestville as a club, but there's no smoking gun here, no grassy knoll gunman, just courts that weren't safe.

Reply #280364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I am a fan of forestville, I love the club leave them alone

Reply #280368 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

foul line - bit quick to throw more bitching and sulking into SA junior basketball. To me, it sounds like the real, valid reason was given already.

Reply #280389 | Report this post

Nix 53  
Years ago

I blame Sturt. They apparently cause all problems in SA Basketball.

Reply #280400 | Report this post

Foul Line  
Years ago

though i might as well contribute to the same amount of dribble thats read on this forum

Reply #280407 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

Yeah I blame sturt too. They are sneaky enough to wet on the other clubs' courts.....

Reply #280447 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Throw your minds back to the 6ers season (I know, something we'd rather forget) - Matty B did an injury in training due to dampness on the courts when it was particularly humid early in the season.

Reply #280457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754