.com
Years ago

Netball GF not at the Dome?

Surely a lost opportunity ? They are putting a temporary floor in entertainment centre - no doubt all lit up with the fancy new additions.

Topic #23231 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the same floor they use when the Netball plays at the dome - Netball courts are sprung differently in the timber floorboards, or so I'm told. They ship it in and out each time they need to.

I'd put it down to the ongoing uncertainty of the Domes owner....

Reply #280807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to do with the sprung floor. Dome has painted keyways, Adelaide 36ers logo and basketball lines. Plus the sports floor isn't long enough for Netball. They played a game there when the dome was resurfacing so had a clean court but the umpires complained because of the gap between the real court and the wood at each end.

It's all about ownership

Reply #280808 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

.... or perhaps about the extra 2000 - 3000 that the Entertainment Centre will seat, far more car parking and the tram access. It was actually mentioned several weeks ago that any Thunderbirds home finals would be played at the EC due to reasons in the post above.

Reply #280821 | Report this post

.com  
Years ago

Dome is around 7,400 entertainment 8,000 - i agree tram fancy new set up out the front with lights and that upmarket advertising strip

Reply #280825 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Dome = 7,575 seats and sixers had 300 standing, also , at one game.
T-Birds had a sell out game there , last season.
But mentioned , when there was a financial administrator at the venue, that they wouldn't be playing there this season, due to the uncertainty of ownership.

Reply #280838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it still shocks me that people who have no idea comment on things like this. choosing EC over the Dome for the grand final has absolutely nothing to do with the court surfacing - they want the most seats as possible aswell as Netball Australia having a close association with the new Entertainment Centre. Expect more Thunderbirds games to be played there next season.. the Dome will be lucky to ever see a netball game there again no matter who the owner is.

Reply #280930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754