RT
Years ago

How long until 36er Imports are signed?

How long before we can expect some news on the two imports,has anyone heard any rumers?
Have renewed my two season tickets and am just waiting to see if our team will measure up. I think with the right imports we could bo well.

Topic #23234 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Even when you know the names of (probably unknown) imports, it's not that easy to tell how the team might go. Some long-lasting successful imports have been those that many wouldn't have been excited about when they were signed (Redhage, Rychart, etc).

Meanwhile, someone like Storey came in with decent NBA experience and didn't last.

There's still some time before the proper preseason commences so I would stay patient for now. NBA season has only just wrapped up remember.

Reply #280876 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Whilst agree with your comments the names of imports dont mean a lot due to reason you mentioned Isaac but think a lot of people like me are waiting as far as tickets go for names as think this team needs good imports . I will be going regardless but my group can go from 2 - 7 depending on enthusiasm generated by team . Myself the new coach does it for me after Phils last 3 and Scottys reign for the want of better description.
However have to not agree with your point re NBA season just finishing as we never get a ex NBA that just finished a season of NBA unless you mean selection of teams for 2011 .
I believe without knowledge that our imports will be selected well before 2011 NBA teams finalized

Reply #280885 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's still summer camps and other leagues to come. NBA off-season trades influence drafts influence D-League teams influence summer camps influence who's available to NBL clubs.

Summary: they'll be signed when they're signed. Be patient. I think everyone said this last time the question was asked too.

Reply #280888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we there YETTTTT?

Reply #280895 | Report this post

True Supporter  
Years ago

I am amazed that people would wait to see the make up of their team to decide if they will support them, and they say Adelaide supporters are some of the smartest ???? Sounds like the most fickle to me.

Reply #280927 | Report this post

hoop daddy  
Years ago

Hey Bretts the man why are you always having a go at Phil his last 3 imports were Hodge Ballinger and Chappelle who he wanted to cut but management wouldn't do it.In fact had Boti not embarrased Hemmling in the paper he would of been with us for the season.When he went Phil got Hodge who in his first year with us was great.Ninnis I agree his imports were duds

Reply #281109 | Report this post

Roger Murdock  
Years ago

While the signing of a new import would be exciting at the end of the day who remembers when an import was signed? What I want to see regardless of when they were signed is someone who can get it done when it matters, does the team things consistently well, plays smart, improves the players around them and hates losing.
The proof of the pudding wont be apparent until the season is well started. as long as the club is putting in the time and effort now to find the right imports is all I want to know.

the question is are they ?

I believe yes, no evidence to base that on mind you. Just like what I see from SOS

Reply #281120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could a young Argentinian import be on the cards given they are training with the Sixers? Perhaps Marty wants to take a look at them? Romano would be alright in the SF position IMO?

Reply #281140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if they'd be good enough, but it's great for the 36ers and Argentina that the visitors will be hanging around for two scrimmage matches against Adelaide. Apparently Argentina are staying here until Monday or Tuesday.

Reply #281166 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First hint at timing for 36ers imports:

The big question remains the two imports who Clarke said he was looking to have locked away and here by mid-August to get in a solid eight weeks of preparation.
Clarke also commented that whoever they get, they need someone to stop Kirk Penney, figuring that any championship winner would have to get past the Breakers at some point in the finals.

Reply #282368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe can't even guard Kirk.

Reply #282376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754