Isaac
Years ago

Sydney Kings confirm Grizzard signing

Long rumoured, but now confirmed:

thesydneykings: We proudly announce our final 3 signings to complete the 2010/11 roster. Please welcome Rod Grizzard, Jared Scoines, and Ben Madgen. #nbl
And though we've already had a topic about it, congratulations to Ben Madgen again, now that it's official.

Topic #23256 | Report this topic

Techfoul17  
Years ago

Rod Grizzard is a talanted player, im suprised that the sixers didnt look at him as an import, im sure grizzy would of came back to play for the sixers, Wondering when the imports for Adel will be announed?

Reply #281197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's part of the Kings' press release:

General Manager of the revitalised Sydney Kings, Mr Bob Turner, said that the team is on track to deliver what he is sure every Sydney Kings supporter wants - a talented and committed team that will play exciting basketball with a never-give-up attitude.

Turner's comments follow the signing of the final three players to make up the Sydney Kings' 2010-2011 roster.

"The fans reaction to the recent signing of former Australian Boomers player, Damien Ryan, was fantastic, so we are confident they will love our new signings announced today," Turner said.
"We didn't resurrect the Sydney Kings to make up the numbers in the NBL, we want another shot at the trophy. With the signing of Rod Grizzard, Jared Scoines, and Ben Madgen, we have a team the fans are going to enjoy supporting," he added.

Grizzard is the Sydney Kings' second signing from the USA. Standing at 203cm (6'8"), Rod will play off guard/small forward. He was a standout at Alabama University and was the first person drafted in the second round of the NBA draft by Michael Jordan at the Washington Wizards. Basketball fans will remember 'Grizz' from his time playing with the Singapore Slingers and Melbourne Tigers.
I suspect this is a Razorbacks-style team, but they're trying to be very careful about it being framed as a budget operation publically.

Reply #281199 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Wondering when the imports for Adel will be announed?

Aaargghh. Screaming to the Gods....Make it stop!

Reply #281200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rod is a super talented basketballer. He dropped 20 points, 8 boards, 3 assists a steal and a block per game for the Slingers and the Tigers loved him but they needed bulk scoring from him.

He is the longest dude in the league and has a size mis-match on any perimeter defender in the NBL

Reply #281203 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

"Grizzard is the Sydney Kings' second signing from the USA. Standing at 203cm (6'8"), Rod will play off guard/small forward. He was a standout at Alabama University and was the first person drafted in the second round of the NBA draft by Michael Jordan at the Washington Wizards. Basketball fans will remember 'Grizz' from his time playing with the Singapore Slingers and Melbourne Tigers."

Real Basketball fans will remember his last NBL stop was with the Sixers!
The last time he played here he was a real non factor. He could not buy a basket!!

Reply #281214 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is a real Lamar Odom type. Can play either forward position, is long and can block shots and rebound, and can make some great plays. Just dont rely on him for anything and the inconsistencies wont be maddening.

He can be a very good role player, but I wonder whether the Kings need more? Certainly Khazzouh, McCullough and Ryan are going to have to score.

Reply #281218 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

"He is the longest dude in the league"

Hmmmmm.....

Almost on par with this gem....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/we-gave-fifa-wives-pearl-necklaces/story-fn4l5n4r-1225886174425

Didn't do linky on purpose. I wonder if the editor read the link...

Reply #281219 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

I dont think we should have a go at people wondering about 6ers imports..yes we know to be patient but it deosnt stop people being curious, and sometimes we dont read old posts..guess ill be in trouble now?

Reply #281223 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

All good Shano, I just think it was about the 13th time this week I had seen that question posted..

I didn't have a facepalm picture to post...

Reply #281228 | Report this post

grizzard 6'6, 7 foot wingspan very versatile player

Reply #281239 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

fair call then db5.

Reply #281254 | Report this post

budgie  
Years ago

I hope Grizz finds the form he is capable of. when in form this guy will put bums of seats and is a true gentleman. A good signing for the Kings

Reply #281255 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Hey DB5 just for you , those around the Sixers would know who at the least 1 of our imports will be .
Be suprised if went for 2 imports that had not played here before .
Grizzard was ordinary in time here but just thought worth having as a cheap import will be interested to see how goes.

Reply #281284 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

DB5 I will mention Sixers imports again that makes about 6- 8 well short of your 13.
Not only highly strung but prone to stretching the truth . When do think we might hear DB5.
Sorry had to do it

Reply #281287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rod Grizzard is 6-foot-9 with a 7-foot wingspan. He is much, much taller than the 6-foot-6" Sam MacKinnon's of the world

Reply #281303 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I always thought he was about 6'9, although that hair may have added an inch, as opposed to donwstairs where it apparently takes off an inch!

Reply #281316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is 6'6 without shoes not 6'9! http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rod-Grizzard-5299/

Reply #281326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lucky he plays basketball with shoes on then!

Reply #281328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so just add 2 inches to ur height for basketball

Reply #281329 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

US height listings are notoriously unreliable. He is clearly taller than 6'6, and has been listed at 6'8 or 204ish most places he has been.

Reply #281339 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754