Fisher89
Years ago

Officiating Development Manager

Noticed this job is available again.
It seems to have been expanded since last time, and personaly I think that this job description looks great - I think that considering BSA are investing in a full time Referee Manager we should be seeing improved results in Junior & Senior umpiring in SA!!!!!!

I have noticed lately plenty of people posting negativly about the umpiring in junior & ABA basketball.

Perhaps this is a good opportunity for people to give positive feedback on this role.

I think it would be great to get someone from the SANFL or AFL with experience in developing officials at all levels

What do others think?
Does anyone know why we seem to advertise this position every 12 months or so???

Is the pay crap?

So many questions.....

--------------------------

Salary Position
A key position within Basketball SA responsible for driving the growth and development of officiating in the state. The successful candidate will be professional and demonstrate a high level of energy and enthusiasm to build relationships and network with others to realize organizational goals. You will be required to work with a wide range of people within stadiums of various stages of development to capacity build each area of the state with a focus on quality, standards and an overall positive culture for officiating.

The key objectives of the Officiating Development Manager role include:

· Building localized referee development plans within key facilities across the metropolitan area and within country associations and regional areas, with a focus on recruitment, development and transitioning referees along the officiating pathway.

· Further develop a skilled network of referee presenters, coaches and evaluators in all identified regions across the state

· Develop strong communication systems and relationships with all key stakeholders

· Administer officiating high performance programs

· Develop a referee database and report against strategic goals

· Establish a positive culture within and towards officiating in basketball

The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate:

· Exceptional interpersonal skills including oral and written communication, conflict resolution and counselling.

· Officiating experience

Topic #23259 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay is crap and if you think having one full time person can solve all the problems in refereeing you're going to be very disappointed.

Reply #281236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appoint the right person and good things might happen but make it an extension of a job for the boys and stagnation will continue. A good, clear and firm direction that aims at improving the overall status, effectiveness and ability of oficials would be welcome as long as accountability and transparency are fundamentals of the program.I for one welcome it and would like to see it pay the same as Gliddon gets and that might attract an interstater.

Reply #281238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

80k and you might get something happening.

At the 40k to 45k on offer, you are only going to get someone that doesn't have the required soft skills to complete tasks nor experienced enough to be competitive at gaining funds out of a limited pot.

Reply #281247 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is this a new role or is somebody moving on ?

Reply #281253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan Wieland is moving on after 12 months for decent $$ and much better hours.

Reply #281261 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

What is the REAL reason that Nathan is leaving??
My mail is that he had some great ideas, wanted to implement those ideas, but got no support from the leaders at Basketball SA. What a surprise!!

Reply #281267 | Report this post

enonymous  
Years ago

The real reason Nathan is leaving is because his 12 month leave was up, he got offered his old job back with a nice sweetner and he wants to go back to working in IT.

ANON12 do you get your mail from the same place Martin Hamilton Smith does?

Reply #281288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754