anon
Years ago

Exodus Saints win NZNBL

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/3878346/Wellington-Saints-march-to-NBL-championship

Topic #23266 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Great shootout between Abercrombie and Tait.

Reply #281304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waikato needed to double Lyndsay. He just ate up Hayden Allen, no help.
And they needed to junk their on ball screen. Poor ball handling. Pledger did not have a good series. Wonder if they regret Davendorf axing earlier in season?
Very impressed with Pero as a coach. So calm and composed.
Saints too strong in end. Waikato did well to make it close.

Reply #281350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of you are probably gonna chew my head off for this one. But I dont think Abercrombie was as good as everyone thinks he was in this series. Sure he scored alot of points and was on fire in the 1st half of games 1 and 3. But his overall FG %age was 36% for the series and he played 78 mins in the last 2 games and had 3 total rebounds. Dont get me wrong he's an awesome layer had had a very good series, just not as good as everyone thinks IMO. Pledger and Allan were solid, but needed to be better for them to win, Tucker played very well, awesome rebounder and passed the ball real well, bear played ok considering he had one leg...However that was it, the bench did nothing!!

Reply #281351 | Report this post

Kobeeeeeeee  
Years ago

I disagree with 2 things said here...I think Abecrombie was the best player in the series, didnt shoot it well, but at times it seemed like he was the only one who wanted the ball...I also disagree with the 1st anon, I actually thort pledger had a decent series. I think he needed to do more for them to win but if 12, 9 and 2 blks is a bad series in your eyes, thats your opinion I guess.

My NZNBL 2010 all-star 5

PG - Lindsay Tait
SG - Eric Devendorf
SF - Thomas Abercrombie (league MVP)
PF - Rene Rougeau
C - Tie between Pledger and Rickert

Rickert is a much better scorer and a decent rebounder. Plegder is a far better rebounder and defender while also being solid offensively. Pledger was also on a better team...That ones a toss up, cant choose between them.

Reply #281352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't agree, Pledger was playing a starting role and he had to contribute more than a handful of points. Casey Frank pushed him away from the hoop and he wasn't effective down low. Abercrombie was their main man so he had a licence to shoot whenever. He caught Saints napping in game one but when they adjusted and made him put it on floor it was tough for him. Still don't like his dribbling though, it limits his effectiveness.
Tait was easily MVP. Not that effective in game one because Waikato got away with a lot of zone. But in Games 2,3 he toyed with Hayden Allen.

Reply #281368 | Report this post

Kobeeeeeeee  
Years ago

I agree with the fact that he needed to do more...But he did score double figures in all 3 games, the point I was making is that he didnt have that bad of a series...he outplayed horvath (statisticly) in every game and casey frank didnt exactly light it up either...But i suppose its easier to critique people when they lose

Reply #281369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754