North observer
Years ago

Southern coach writing on back wall?

I am a North parent, who was Mars on friday night for the U18 Boys Div 1 game between North and Nwd. We were on court 1 and there was a U18 Boys Div 2 game on the back court (Crt3) It was Nwd vs Southern. I wandered over there a couple of times as it seemed to be a pretty intense battle also, with alot of noise being generated. What i witnessed from the southern coach was nothing short of discraceful. I dont know if any norwood parents have complained but this guy was an absolute pig. Not only did he abuse the opposition players (they are U18's, but they are still Juniors), but at time outs, he decided that he would use the back wall as his own private coaches board. i checked after our game had finished and the red texta was still on the wall. I hope this guys is made to paint over his GRAFFITI and doesnt get away with it. Imagine if we did that at their brand new home court...mind you if you did it at our house, it might actually improve the place :-) Go Rockets!

Topic #23279 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

couple of my mates play in that team, also my mate is the coach but the guy that coached them friday night is not the normal coach, the teams normal coach was away for a couple of weeks

Reply #281398 | Report this post

North observer  
Years ago

Well i am glad you dont have to put up with that guy, week in week out...people like that shouldnt be coaching Juniors...or any level at that matter!

Reply #281399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha

this is quite pathetic thread in my opnion... calling southern tigers feral? umm coming from a north point of view, they are the feral ones who go around sack tapping other players + with by far the worst courts i have ever seen in my life.

btw we won't start with north reffing they are by far the most biased ref's ive came across, one time a ref even turned up to the game drunk! and you call southern feral hmm quite pathetic + letting players drink jack Daniels in the middle of a game at the 2008 christmas carnival.

Reply #281401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think most people here would agree with the fact that morphetvale refs are indeed the worst and most bias of all.

Reply #281403 | Report this post

Tipo  
Years ago

Yep morphett vale refs worst by far

Reply #281406 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bashing southern refs is not what this thread is about - if the guy is a dirtbag Southern should do something about it - everyone get off the refs and add some suggestions about what to do about coaches that clearly should not be allowed around young impressionable members of our society. Clearly if what is being said has basis and fact Southern should make sure he does not coach their kids again.

Reply #281407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what was the abuse that was being thrown to opposition players? Also if there was, how could you hear it if you were on the other side of the court!?! Creating something out of nothing. What a ridiculous post - but worth the time for a laugh. Smart thinker for still drawing up a play without a coaches board. Did your team lose North parent?

Reply #281408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a great idea - I might take a can of paint to Morphettvale next time and draw the pays on their new courts. Grow up and stop trying to defend stupidity by the coach.

Ohh to the anon who made comments about the worst courts - i guess new courts mean you are not ferals and old ones you do. OMG obviously intelligence wasn't handed out with the new floor boards!!!

Reply #281416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would have to find some room to actually graffiti at Mvale. Who was the coach? i thought this behaviour was just normal for the Southerners? Mvale might have good courts but still in a run down average stadium which looks like it has run out of money.

Reply #281428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just love sitting here and watching people argue about something stupid like writing on a wall...

1. i'm a player for southern tigers that was playing in this game, he was not abusing the other players on the other team our coach we had actually hates trash talk if we do it, we get benched so your wrong there.

2. he wrote on the wall and court coz we had no coaches board coz our original coach went away and forgot to give the board to him, he also made sure he could rub it off before he wrote on the wall n court and he could, he wouldn't of done it if he couldn't of rubbed it off.

i find this site one of the worst forums mainly coz people arguing about basketball SA! hahaha

Reply #281432 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

My son played there on the next morning and I didn't see any writing on the wall.

Reply #281436 | Report this post

Cypress Hill  
Years ago

(Mod: Umm, no.)

Reply #281447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

North observer, did you bring up the texta marks with someone at MARS? Wouldn't that be a spot than here?

Reply #281453 | Report this post

What - actually do something about the problem rather than get on here and snipe/bitch/whinge... not likely!

Reply #281454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crayons, a soiled nappy and a dummy were handed into the canteen and can be collected at anytime

Reply #281455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how a north parent has posted yet no complaints from the nwd team, get a life north parent!!

Reply #281460 | Report this post

Techfoul17  
Years ago

if this southern coach was being abusive to the players and writing stuff on the wall, its YOUR NORTH!!!! referees that let that go, sooo dont you dare say that we are ferals down south, grow the f**k up. Obviously your Northern Referres dont know how to control a game properly. Hahahaha North Observer, grow up!

Reply #281555 | Report this post

school holidays not gonna help with this thread. :(

Reply #281561 | Report this post

ceres55  
Years ago

techfoul17 - I really don't think your post helped much. Just reinforces the image of the Southern feral.

Reply #281567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im pretty sure most referee's change stadiums every week so i doubt there will only be shit referee's just at one stadium.

Reply #281713 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Blake, sorry i mean Techfoul17 can you please shut up, your not helping yourself, your club or the people of this forum by making a fool of yourself, so please, just stop.

If your bored because its school holidays why don't you go find some mates and play play station, there is no need to ruin this forum for others with comments like that.

Reply #281715 | Report this post

interesting  
Years ago

(Mod: Take your own advice then.)

Reply #282601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:59 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754