DJ Rod
Years ago

LeBron to NYK

A lot of talk this morning out of the US that LeBron will announce tomorrow that he is joining the New York Knicks.

It will be live on ESPN, I wonder if we will get it?

Even Homicide has a 'Homi exclusive' on twitter saying it.

Topic #23305 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Different definite team every day, from different journalists, coming exclusively from exclusive sources. I think it's just LBJ's people cleverly keeping the hype alive.

Although, Carmelo Anthony might have genuinely been the tipping point in the last 24hrs.

Reply #281751 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With James due to announce where he will go, shares in the Knicks jumped $US1.30, or 6.4 percent.
Volume was up dramatically at 1.7 million trades, more than five times the daily average of 311,000.

Link: http://linky.com.au/chovn

Reply #281760 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

If you are linked to LeBron, buy a crapload of shares in the Knicks then spread a story about him wanting to play there. Smart move!

Reply #281769 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

We're getting the broadcast on our shores tomorrow - 11am EST - woot!

Reply #281775 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll be hoping this report is true. My wish for the last few years will have come true.

I'll be stoked as a Knicks fan and be buying a jersey ASAP if true.

Championships and the Playoffs will return to New York & Madison Square Garden.

Still I'll await the official announcement New York or elsewhere.

If Lebron doesn't work out, I'll be more than happy to see Melo in a Knick jersey. He's a favourite of mine.

Reply #281777 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Is it too early to bring out the Frank Sinatra classic?

Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today. I want to be a part of it, New York, New York!

Reply #281782 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

i cant wait, LBJ in NY how awesome will that be!
i get tomorrow off so ill be watching ESPN oh yeah!

Reply #281786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard
http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

"Sources with knowledge of the situation indeed saying LeBron will join Wade and Bosh in Miami, barring a late change of heart"

Reply #281794 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

LeBron just got off the phone to my dad (my dad's a big player in the media - he knows the guy the runs the newsagent at the airport) and he confirms that LeBron will definitely be playing in the NBA next year.

Reply #281800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll be re-signing with the Cavs.

Reply #281801 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I can confirm it will be an import.

Reply #281802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More news on LeBron to Miami:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

Emphasis: nothing is a done deal, he can still change his mind

Reply #281804 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

All this LeBron talk is interesting, but when are the Sixers going to sign an import?

Reply #281806 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

What if he goes to make his announcement, and has a moment like the Griswald lady playing Pig in a Poke in those Vacation movies? The host might be asking him a question about shopping, and he says he bought some new CLIPPERS, and they think that's his answer and they go nuts with balloons and streamers and shit.

Reply #281807 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Tc2 that would be halarious

Reply #281808 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

But why have we forgotten about the bulls, they got boozer today , everyone saying heat and knicks purely because they have already made moves . Knicks getting Amare , and heat with Wade and cb4 . But the chicago roster was much more appealing before any of these signings and now they've added boozer it could be more appealing . We could see a rose , lebron , deng , boozer , Noah lineup for the bulls .

Nobody knows what's going to happen and it's all a guessing game . Don't count anyone out .

Don't count out the nets either with lebrons boy jay z at the club ...

But personally stay at the cavs and get a sign and trade for David lee with Jamison .

Reply #281809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not like it used to be... camera crews following players around to super public meetings with half a dozen teams, one hour tv special to announce a decision... I miss 90s NBA. It actually had class!

Reply #281810 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

@jadande

Part of me thinks LeBron's camp is just floating this Miami thing to gauge the reaction. And what I've seen has not been positive.
At one point it was all Bulls, then Knicks and currently Miami. Hopefully his big event is a lecture on loyalty and he sticks with Cleveland.

Might win championships in Miami but you'd imagine the stars' numbers would dip and impact their rise up the all-time greats list (if that matters to them) - not going to have Wade, Bosh and LeBron all keep averaging 24+ PPG.

Reply #281811 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

..."I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps,
And find I'm A-number-one, top of the list,
King of the hill, A-number-one!"

Reply #281812 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Late mail is on Miami

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Reply #281813 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Cleveland. 3 year contract. Player Option on 3rd year.

Reply #281819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be in Cleveland for the next 5 years. He has alot of respect for Michael Jordan and believe he will stick with the team that drafted him and play in NYK after his stint in cleveland. Where hopefully he will win atleast 3 championships.

Reply #281820 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

I never pictured you as a Rat Pack fan LC. Kudos. Perhaps LC stands for "Little Crooner"?

"These little town blues
are melting away.
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it..."

Reply #281824 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It's going to be very interesting to see who Miami can get to fill out the roster around their big 3 if Lebron signs. As far as I can tell, at best they could maybe trade Beasley for a centre, keep Chalmers and fill out the bench with vet minimum players! I don't think they even get a MLE to use, since they are under the cap.

Knicks would have trouble finding enough talent to surround Lebron and Amare with this season too. They'd have to try to dump Curry's expiring corpse (I mean contract) on someone to acquire another decent player. Other than that, they have Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas and Walker. Not nearly enough.

I still think Lebron's best chance to step into a team that can contend immediately is Chicago, but for some reason there is zero indication that Lebron is leaning that way.

Miami appear the favourites right now, but I do think there is a good chance that it is just hype from Lebron's camp. I think Lebron craves fame and money more than he wants an NBA championship. Can you imagine Lebron wanting to share the limelight with D-Wade, let alone Bosh? Too much of an alpha dog.

I'm going to say he'll go to the Knicks. It'll take longer to be successful, but the chance for glory is greater. He'd be lauded as a hero if he managed to save the Knicks from irrelevance and bring them a title.

Reply #281826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If LeBron were to agree to sign with Miami the Heat would have to trade Beasley to afford adding him to Wade, Bosh & Mario Chalmers. So Beasley would more than likely go to Toronto in the sign & trade for Bosh.

Those four players would leave the Heat $1.8m which they could use on a 5th player. The Heat would only then be allowed to fill out the roster with minimum wage players. They would sign all three of their 2nd round picks from this year's draft and the rest of the roster (min 13 players I think) would all have to be min. wage guys.

Those three players with a roster filled out with D Leaguers ain't winning shit. He'll be re-signing with the Cavs.

Reply #281827 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

If LBJ goes to heat LBJ and Wade will still average 24+ Bosh would be the big loser in terms of all star status - he is a fringe All Star anyway.

LBJ and Wade will get their shots and the rest will be left for the scrubs to fight over.

If he does stay with the Cavs than he has screwed them around big time and really only hindered their off season recruiting by not signing during the season and dragging it out this long.

If he goes to the Knicks he will be top dog and mr $$

The Nets havn't been talked about much of late and almost forgotten, probably his best fit basketball/team wise.

Think the Bulls knew they were out of the hunt and thus locked in Boozer, cause that kind of came from nowhere?

Reply #281828 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Security has been increased at lebrons house in clevland according to twitter. Spike lee saying his house will be trashed if he leaves the cavs

Reply #281829 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Fairly credible rumour here...

Reply #281834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN live at www.sportsstop.tv. Get on it.

Reply #281835 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

hereschenes, sometimes I want to punch Bleacher Report in the face.

Reply #281843 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

OMG - Miami!

Reply #281846 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Miami!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #281847 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I don't think they even get a MLE to use, since they are under the cap.
A team gets a MLE if they are over the cap, or if signing a player to the MLE amount would take them over the cap. So you can be under the cap and use the MLE - a moot point since signing Wade, Bosh and James will take Miami over the cap easily. But the point is they can bring in a fourth player for the MLE, or split the MLE between two vets willing to play for a little less for a chance at a ring (like Payton and Malone joining the Lakers). Miami can still get more talent to surround their version of the Big 3.

Reply #281863 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Oops, correction to my last post - if you go far enough under the cap, you lose the MLE and all other exceptions. Basically, if you don't need exceptions to sign players and stay under the cap, all your exceptions go away and you don't get them back until the following year. Miami went well and truly far enough under the cap to lose all their exceptions, so at this stage Miami's roster will be LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, and 9 players earning minimum salary!

Reply #281932 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

It depends on whether the big three have decided to leave extra on the table in order to sign other guys.

Reply #281941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754