Isaac
Years ago

David Lee 6-year deal with Warriors

@chadfordinsider: David Lee has agreed to a 6 year, $80 mil deal w/Warriors via sign-and-trade with Knicks. Link is coming

Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com that Lee had agreed to a sign-and-trade worth $80 million dollars over six years with the Golden State Warriors.

The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others.

Topic #23313 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

I just wanted to put at least 1 reply to this thread, seeing as that's probably all it will get! :)

Reply #281869 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm a Knick fan who'll be sad to see David Lee depart. He's an under-rated double-double player.
He deserves the pay-rise, which New York were not going to provide. We've received average players in return.

Good luck to David.

Reply #281870 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

2 replies now!

Methinks A'ma'r'e' is in for some kind of shock. I don't see why the Knicks are going to be much better than last year with that roster and no LeBron.

Reply #281871 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Could the Knicks actually end up nbeing worse next season? It's a real possibility. At least they wont have to give their lottery pick away this time (at this stage anyway!)

Reply #281878 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd love to see Carmelo Anthony join the Knicks if possible. I know it was a recent rumour and dismissed by the Nuggets. But I'd still love to see Melo @ MSG.

Reply #281881 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Knicks won't be worse. Buike is a talented upcoming SF. Randolph is pretty good, but just wondering how he'll fit in with Amar'e and Turiaf, another 4, but I guess he's all about defence so he'll help.

I'd expect the Knicks to now go after Raymond Felton and Mike Miller.

$80 mill is a lot of clams for a hustle player. I like Lee, but not that much.

Reply #281882 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Randolph for most improved this year.

Guys, this is a freakin steal by the knicks. David Lee is a no defence nuts and bolts forward with zero potential and stats buffed through playing coach D's system.

Randolph is a freak of talent who has more upside than anyone not named wall from this years draft.

To get Turiaf and Azbuike (?) in the deal as well.... Awesome work Knicks.

Reply #281883 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

WTF are GSW doing???? maybe these 3 have injury concerns, considering all three were injury for a big part of last season.
I agree with Quagmire well done to the Knicks if these 3 can stay fit.
I love Turiaf since his Gonzaga days, guy is a beast.

Reply #281893 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

If they can get after Mike Miller to provide some big points along with a quality point guard that will make Amare look good, then they wont be worse. They will be alright, just remember what they were last season, it will be quite difficult for them to be any worse :S

Reply #281993 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Knicks need a veteran point guard and should chase fisher if he hasn't signed back up with lakers yet... Lee was the only real star in NY for past few years and could have been a future white Ewing if he worked on his D... 80 mil for Lee over 100 mil for Amare any day... Knicks got screwed and GSW got a steal!

Reply #282006 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Knicks need a veteran point guard and should chase fisher if he hasn't signed back up with lakers yet... Lee was the only real star in NY for past few years and could have been a future white Ewing if he worked on his D... 80 mil for Lee over 100 mil for Amare any day... Knicks got screwed and GSW got a steal!

Reply #282007 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

A future white Ewing....... WTF.........

I'm the opposite, give me Amar'e at $96 mill over Lee at $80 mill. That extra $16 mill is easily made up. Just like Amar'e, Lee is a product of D'Ant offensive system. Lee whilst very good, is a hustle player. David Lee ain't gonna bring you Melo and Parker in 2011 and any top tier free agents in the future...

All Amar'e has to do is to land the Knicks one top free agent in the next season or two and that $16 mill is well worth it.

Reply #282017 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

TR - you think Parker or Melo wil want to leave the West just to get knocked out of the Eastern COnference every year by the Heat?

Reply #282019 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm still 50/50 on the Heat working. They need to fill out the roster, there is only one basketball, plus there is this little thing called 'chemistry'. I'm not sure all their egos will cope of a 100 game season. Sure, it looked great during the Olympics, but that's only 8 games or so.

I'm also keen to see how Coach Spol manages it all. Personally, I think they need Riley back in the seat. He's respected league wide, and could get away with barking at Lebron, Wade or Bosh. Not sure Coach Spol can do that.

Remember what happened to the Lakers when they had Kobe/Shaq/Malone/Payton. Got knocked the **ck out by a real team in the Pistons.

Denver is a sinking ship. No youth outside Lawson, no real bigs, broken down and getting old real fast, the Coach is in poor health, no cap space to improve. If I'm Melo, I'm heading to MSG and leaving the Rockies behind.

Reply #282021 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

I'm tired of hearing the line "There is only one basketball" in reference to the new big 3.

What? you think that Wade and Lebron aren't very accomplished passers of the ball.... you think there won't be atleast 5 alleyoop dunks per game.... it's not netball, they can run where ever they want without the ball.... no team is going to be able to lock all three of them down, maybe you lock one down ..... two if you're a great defensive team, still leaves one to drop 40 on you. Wade and Lebron can shoot the 3, and if they've got Mike Miller he will be open longer than a 24/7 711.

Reply #282038 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Lee is a better player than Amare, and has leadership qualities, after all he was the only guy who could put Nate Robinson in his place when he was in NY!!!

Knicks need to get the young core of their team signed from last year and look for a veteran PG who can control everyone when on court and show some leadership in the locker room... on top of that they also need a legit C and a good swingman, not to mention some depth off the bench!

Reply #282077 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Amare is much better than Lee. Let's see how Lee goes playing in the West Conf. all season against tough and big defensive teams and without the benefit of the stat padding D'Antonio system

Reply #282079 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Lee was getting stats before mike took over the coaching role, so that's kind of pointless to say!

Reply #282115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754