Bearcat
Years ago

West Adelaide Bearcats and Western Magic

The West Adelaide Bearcats Basketball Club and the Western Magic District Basketball Club are pleased to announce they have recently commenced formal discussions with a focus on working together to develop a new Basketball Association based at the St Clair and Port Adelaide Recreation Centres. A working group comprising representatives of both clubs and Basketball SA has been appointed to determine how the Association will be structured to benefit both clubs and the western suburbs community. Once the Working Group has finalized a model structure for the Association each club will present the recommendations to their members for consideration.

The Working Group is aiming for the Association to be formed in 2010, which would provide members a strong pathway including Aussie Hoops, domestic basketball through to District and CABL. The basis of the Association concept is to develop strong grassroots growth in the region and provide greater development opportunities for players, officials, coaches and administrators.

The main aim of the association is to maintain club identities in the District division 3 to 5 competition with the elite Division 1 and 2 teams becoming representative teams selected from players within the association, providing stronger teams across all division and age grades.

West Adelaide Bearcats and Western Magic will utilise their current training facilities at St Clair and Port Adelaide with association teams potentially training at both venues.

The two clubs are working closely with Basketball SA in this exciting initiative, which is in line with Basketball SA's strategic plan to develop local associations offering convenient access to the entire playing and development pathway throughout the metropolitan area.

A sign of the progress and commitment to the creation of the new Association is the collaboration of the two clubs to build in the future a new Junior Domestic League while developing and expanding existing after school competitions at both venues.

These competitions will remain a stepping-stone for players to move towards the district competition by developing player skills.

The aim of the junior domestic competition is to provide an accessible community based competition open to all ages and skill levels. It is an opportunity for children to get involved in the sport within a fun and friendly atmosphere.

The competition will provide a link to district club basketball with a pathway from Aussie Hoops. Alternatively it acts as starting point for those interested in playing basketball for the first time.

As well as offering a pathway for players, the Junior Domestic League will provide development opportunities for officials.

This is an exciting development for grassroots and elite level basketball in the western suburbs and Club Presidents Ian Walsh and Jodie Bell encourage all to give it their full support.

Club members who wish to obtain more information or offer their assistance should contact their Club Secretary.

An information forum for Bearcats members will be held on Sunday 25th July at 12:30pm at St. Ives Recreation Centre 50 Vincent Street, Port Adelaide.

Topic #23345 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hooray!

I hope they can negotiate to each other's mutual benefit and form a really great team.

Reply #282306 | Report this post

as  
Years ago

Great result, good news for basketball in sa

Reply #282309 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

wait is this a merg of the two clubs

Reply #282310 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Not necessarily a merger IMO. I believe the two clubs will determine a common ground and work from there. A merger may occur, or else an alliance.

Devil is in the detail ; )

Reply #282312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alliance!!

Reply #282313 | Report this post

bung fritz  
Years ago

woodville are rooted.

magic will feed the west div 1 teams - and all though state champs that magic had will be in red and black.

west and magic have absoloutely out played woodville here.

west will become very strong and magic will do their their div 3-4 thing.

this is an intelligent decision by west as they have been decaying the last 10 years.

Reply #282314 | Report this post

bung fritz  
Years ago

if you are a div 3-4 player through st clair you will play for magic, if you are div 1-2 you will be directed to red and black singlets. existing west div 3-4 teams will stay as bear cats.

Reply #282315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is why woodville were silly they must of thought they held all the card with the magic talks but magic had a trick up thier sleeve lol

Reply #282316 | Report this post

bung fritz  
Years ago

magic and west have out played woodville big time. woodville will be lucky to field 2 teams in any junior grade now - west/ magic will have 4-5 teams per age grade in juniors now

Reply #282321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville = handed your hat, the door is that way

Reply #282322 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I don't think we wanted to get taken over by magic
wear their uniform and the like
Wanted some amicable discussions. But couldn't get that

Reply #282339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel woodville had the dialouge they had exactly what is being proposed in the above post. they had the flyers ready to go out to start up a domestic comp. ready to go out that weekend and it was brought undone . look to your club first for why it did not happen, look at the individuals that wanted to save woodville and those who couldn't do it cause it would have taken too many of their hours to work it out

Reply #282340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why when I read this thread am I reminded of the advice I was given that well managed clubs act swiftly and do not air their dirty laundry!!

Reply #282343 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Watch your back West. After trying with Woodville, they now move onto another club. Didn't Magic make a statement by starting up their own club and now want to join because they do not get what they want? Will be interesting ...

Reply #282345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're all assuming that West and Western can make a Domestic Comp work when Sturt/Forestville, Sturt and Southern couldn't.

I agree interesting times ahead with this proposed West/Western comp (and also the BSA funded Norwood comp) but until they're up and running successfully, I wouldn't be closing up shop yet if I was Woodville.

Reply #282346 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I can only see this as a positive step for basketball in SA... Keep up the good work!

Reply #282347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have heard it several times now. Why is BSA funding the Norwood comp? Are other clubs able to get the equivalent funding??

Reply #282353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did Basketball SA let Magic into the District Comp in the first place? If when they commenced, they being Western Magic, wanted to be a cheaper alternative to the District Club, and "A lot more relaxed than a district club" in other words "SOCIAL" - what has changed NOW? If they want NOW to play District go to a District Club, and just join that Club be it Woodville or West. What is the problem? Magic should be a Social Club because that was it Ideals, well it was when it commenced.

Reply #282358 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

woodville didnt take magic becasue if they did merg they would have to change thier identity and woodville warriors and the colors were no more. The domestic leauge isnt so bad to lose like someone said if sturt and eagles cant, thier is also social games at st clair and i dont understand why woodville have lost out.

Reply #282362 | Report this post

chad  
Years ago

Hopefully West can put together a good coaching roster in both boys and girls. Would love to see West competing with F/Ville and Sturt etc like the good old days.

Have they announced thier coaches for next season? Who are the good coaches they have currently?

Reply #282367 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

West and Magic deal down - i like the sound of Bearcat Magic finally BSA HAVE DONE SOMETHING GOOD

moving ahead

Reply #282394 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Anon 282394-- What did BSA do?
I believe they had no idea until a letter was delivered. Let's hope the put their support behind this initiative

Reply #282398 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

BSA are driving the association model - West are on downward spiral and this is great option to get bailed out - Magic will prove to be the Saviour. Smooth operators.

Reply #282399 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Western the Saviours? Give me a break. If you are doing so well then why keep approaching clubs to merge?

Reply #282402 | Report this post

ballboy  
Years ago

Bearcats are in no downward spiral. Magic only wish to provide a clear pathway for their promising juniors. Makes sense to form an association and both gain strength.

Reply #282404 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There is a bit of smoke around the Norwood/BSA Liaison officer isn't there, which 9/10 means there's fire.

Reply #282408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I dont understand is why everyone thinks the association model that BSA are pushing is something the SA public should consider.
SA is unique in that our 10 district clubs are no bigger than one domestic club within an association in victoria.Most association within victoria have a least 20 clubs of equal size to one club here.
I understand that growth is needed but seriously how can you expect to grow an association when BSA control all after school miniball comps which is the bread and butter of most associations in victoria.
One club is not big enough or financial enough to be handed over a successful mini ball comp because it takes a few fulltime employees to maintain said comp. Having said that to answer further up is one reason that BSA would be helping to fund the employee at Norwood because it is keen for a domestic competition to grow in the eastern suburbs but recongnise that it wont happen unless they assist. Sturt with there employee was unable to make it work on a Saturday afternoon, so am keen to see if BSA get something up and running in its place or just hand the court space back to Church ball.

Reply #282409 | Report this post

Foul Line  
Years ago

Ball Boy: Your comments are exactly what both Magic and West would be hoping to achieve with there joint association.
PROVIDING A CLEAR PATHWAY FOR THERE PROMISING JUNIORS
Great comment !!

Reply #282414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West already have a clear pathway for promising juniors, western dont, so this is to westerns benefit only.
West get to pick up a few talented kids .....so what. whos to say they wouldnt have anyway.
However it will restrict westerns kids to one district club or will it......current club president took her kids to forestville. will she be taking them to west if this all goes ahead. I dont think so and if the person running the club does one thing how can you expect members to do as they told

Reply #282417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha west adelaide bearcats hope you have fun being called west adelaide magic :)

Reply #282434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

terrible we dont want a crap club merging with west, what a joke! st clair is the worst stadium in sa and wouldn't want to be associated with it

Reply #282436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think its that we dont want them to merge, back the bullshit that surrounds it.Seriously the club started as a lower div club and now their charter has changed to want pathways....hence they should never have been allowed to enter into the district competition in the first place. Who knows what they will want in another 5 years.

Reply #282439 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

magic are well run club looking to be progressive and welcome opportunity to work with West - forming of a super club - Colour /Name - dont matter as be best for the kids -
TOO GOOD warriors didnt take up the offer Magic are magic

Reply #282444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If west ever change thier name or strip there will be an uproar at the club ........ too much history to let a wantabe club come in and change the name ....And i see alot of people voting with thier feet....

Reply #282445 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I would be pissed as a parent if I had to buy a new uniform seeing as West only just recently changed theirs

Reply #282470 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Be careful when you chuck around the term 'Super club", It didn't work with Noarlunga/Southern.

Reply #282471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

471; that is your opinion that we are not a super club!!

Reply #282475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol name one way in which southern can claim to be a super club.

southern is not half as strong as NCT of the early/mid 90s.

Reply #282481 | Report this post

hey  
Years ago

Lets not make too many judgements to what changes will be made until the information day on the 25th. As far as I can see this will benefit all the players for both clubs and isnt that why we are all involved in the sport for the kids.
Teams will be stronger across div 1 & 2 and it will give the chance for Magic players to be able to play in higher divisions but is that so bad if the players deserve it. Not allowing Magic to play div 1 & 2 is not holding the club back but yet the players that want to play for that club.
I dont think a super club is what they want but just for a successful club of players that are happy playing the sport they love.

Reply #282483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic players do have the opportunity to play Division 1 and 2 right now.

They just have to leave their 'social' club and play for a 'district' club.

Reply #282485 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

The problem with most amateur Sporting bodies, and realistically all the SA District Clubs are regardless of some player payments, is that they are run by individuals or people voted on by their popularity, not necessarilly for their ability. This is not to say that many of these people are not competant or that they do not have the appropriate skills or passion to successfully manage their roles. However, throughout many different sports, some individuals are put in positions that they are not competant for or have their own agenda in seeking these positions to either benefit themselves or family members.

It only takes one or two people withing a club to negate all the efforts of the other hardworking volunteer committee members. Usually within sporting clubs, it is parents of players that are involved and parents are always passionate about the progress of their children and sometimes their judgement can be clouded to the detrement of the overal club aims.

There is no easy answer to this. Victoria has a lot bigger population than SA so their model may not be easily applied to the local competitions.

Reply #282490 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Best news i have heard in ages.Will any of Magics coaches be training future div 1/2 teams,there are some really good ones around.Now all we need is for Warriors to jump in and the west will rise again.

Reply #282501 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Yes i would like an answer on what defines the Southerners as a super club. In a worse postion now than before the takeover of Southern Suns by Noarlunga.

Reply #282510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seriously 510 - I thought you were a basketball guru. Let me enlighten you.

1. We have a new fashionable uniform
2. We have a 4 court stadium allowing for growth unlike the smaller clubs like Sturt or Forestville who operate out of a school with 3 courts or a dog stadium.
3. We have some of the most enlightened officialling in the state
4. We never fail to live up to anyone's expectations at state champs!
5. Did I mention the new uniforms!!

Reply #282513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the old NCT uniform was THE best uniform in SA.

Reply #282521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IS#513 talking about the cats or the magicians?

Reply #282533 | Report this post

Lonely  
Years ago

AS outsider looking in - are West really going to give up their tradition to secure an association with a Div 3 - Div 5? Benefits would need to be significant for west. Can we have some thoughts as to the benefits ? Magic would on other hand have secured and outstanding pathway.The cherished Div 1 Div 2 holy grail? Interestingly the timing with West finals bound - hope not be distraction as could be last time mighty Bearcat goes it alone. With Magic on your side who needs luck - maybe Black Cat Magic

Reply #282537 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

3. We have some of the most enlightened officialling in the state

what does this mean # 513?
enlighted what ? mystics ?

Reply #282539 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

#417 You make a very valid point - which club of choice is the current president suggesting is her club of preference to provide the sort after pathway the Magic are seeking - appears that pathway does exist already - ask president to explain.
Pathway exists - already - just got to get into the squads and work hard to progress - no magic wand to use a pun - Maybe next school/ church or Goodie Oldie social team / pink bits U23 Z graders or whoever teams be looking to form associations for pathways -
No secret to success its called do the hard yards.
DO THE HARD YARDS

Reply #282540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think means the Cats and I am guessing by emlightened Officialling means their refs have seen the light and are taking reffing to a whole new level!!

Reply #282551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are there any other large social clubs in the burbs the size of Magic?If so have they tried to get into district competition?Will the Bearcats+ Magic div 1/2 team still be WEST ADELAIDE BEARCATS or will it be a combined name,of course it will have WEST ADELAIDE in the name but what about the rest of it?

Reply #282603 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Have to have Bearcats surely - If Warriors jumped up and down about their name - can only imagine Bearcat being untouchable.
But Eagles and Woodpeckers i think did it quite well years ago and success followed.

Reply #282637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will compromise on names I am sure. Something like Western Magic being the final name : - Western being their to acknowledge West Adelaide and Magic to acknowledge Magic.

Uniforms will be basically the same as the Bearcats uniform except for a minor colour change - the black being replaced with Teal and the red with white. Apart from that you wouldn't even pick that it wasn't West Adelaide

Reply #282638 | Report this post

helium  
Years ago

What is wrong with the Western Adelaide Magical Bearcats - everyone wins then

Reply #282641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how did you know that helium - are you the source of the leak from their working party

Reply #282642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WEST ADELAIDE MAGIC sounds good to me.

Reply #282643 | Report this post

Dione 78  
Years ago

West like woodville will never give up their name.

If they do. Expect over hlf the club to up and leave and end up at other clubs. With woodville being the b9iggest winner.

Reply #282646 | Report this post

Tiger Woodduck  
Years ago

My money is on "Magic Bearcats"

Reply #282649 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Western Adelaide Magical Bearcats - has a good ring to it
bit like Puff the Magic South Dragons

Dione 78 think you're very right - but amazing does happen anfd if Magic bring enough to the well just maybe Western Bearcats might be a goer

Reply #282651 | Report this post

young smart arse  
Years ago

where does it say a merger.
All that is happening is western magic will now be able to lead talented players into div 1 and 2 through west.

P.S. there will be no change in name i will personally lead a protest to make sure we keep the same name

Reply #282673 | Report this post

West  
Years ago

All of the west players who have come since u10s are most likey going to be kicked out of a good team in div 1 or 2. So if this happens i will be very pissed off. So in all who ever thought this was a good idea can get stuffed.

Reply #282688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would all of the West players be "kicked out"" of div 1 and 2? I would imagine there will be trials held and only some Magic players would make the grade. Have some faith in the quality of players at Bearcats. Suggest members of both clubs attend their respective information days to learn the true story.

Reply #282722 | Report this post

Juno 19  
Years ago

ysa,

The reason talks between magic and woodville fell down is because magic wanted the name changed and woodville didn't.

Reply #282733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Adelaide need to have a vote of its members before they even think of changing thier name, If any commity members think they are the one to make the choice i would not want to be in thier shoes, I pretty sure they would be ran out of town .....

Reply #282742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic players already have pathways to higher divs,just try out for any of the member clubs and they are in-thats if they are good enough!

Reply #282765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still don't understand how this works?

So if my son plays Division 3 for Western Magic then 4 games into a season they decide he's good enough for Division 2 can he play for West Adelaide? Doesn't he need a clearance? And going by BSA rules he isn't allowed to change halfway through the season anyway.

Does this mean I need to buy a Western unfiform then a West Adelaide one?

What happens if he then gets dropped again, do we not have the same issues?

What happens if he takes the spot of a West Adelaide player? Does that player have to then play for Western Magic in Division 3 or does he play for West Adelaide, leaving my son's Magic team short a player?

This is going to cause more problems then it solves. And how would the other clubs feel having two clubs feeding into West's Division 1 & 2 teams? How is that fair?

Reply #282768 | Report this post

westbearcub  
Years ago

Reply #282774 | Report this post

westbearcub  
Years ago

One not all the players for west will be kicked out of div 1 and 2 because they are not enough good players from magic to kick them out. Only the players that are in div 1 and 2 for the sake of numbers will be dropped just like if a good player would come across from another club.

Two anon #282768 all of these questions can be answered at the forum thats what it is there for

Reply #282775 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so am i reading this correct West wont have div 3 4 5 teams they be magic teams and Magic wont have Div 1 / 2 teams they will be west -
or will there be magic div 2 3 4 and west div 2 3 4 feeding in West Div 1 / 2 -

anybody got any clues
This is too hard to get head around - looking forward to meeting ?

Reply #282786 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

To add to the confusion,what if a Bearcats or Magic div3 team win the summer season? Will that team be allowed into div2 for that following winter season?And if so as which team do they compete,as themselves or as another combined team?Also if the div 1/2 teams will not be WEST ADELAIDE BEARCATS but lets say WEST ADELAIDE MAGIC,will basketball SA put some pennys into the uniforms for the players or will they have to shout themselves for a wardrobe change.If not there will be a lot of pissed of cats around!

Reply #282791 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

No Div 1 and 2 be West Adelaide - so end of day Magic are still div 2 / 3 / 4 club and iof want to play DIV 1 / 2 have to become bearcats albeit under giuse of association - me thinks something not right here - seems a very one way street - Bearcats are winners big time

Reply #282802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way I read it is it will be bearcats div1/ 2 and magic and a new name west Div 3/4/5

Surely BSA will be able to send grant money to help after all it is thier idea!!

I think it's great hopefully torrens valley follows suit an gets those u18 & 20's the spots they deserve

Reply #282834 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

BSA will be helping with uniforms you would hope - are various other changes need to promote new identity

Reply #282843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA won't help and why should they?

The other clubs will never let that happen.

Clubs change uniforms all the time, NCT and Adelaide Southern merged and BSA don't fund uniforms.

Won't happen.

Reply #282845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The solution is easy! The current players in Western and West that make Div 1 and 2 in the merged club are given the option to sell/trade in their current uniforms back to the club to reduce the cost of their new uniforms.

The club holds these uniforms for lease. Any players dropped can lease the uniforms from the club they are dropped to and the club purchases their Div 1 / 2 club uniforms back and can lease them to the incoming playing.

I think you will find most parents will just buy the uniforms but the leasing/buy back arrangement would alleviate the costs for some families.

Reply #282846 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so really just a big trial for magic kids to see if make Div 1 or 2 then play for West - so how do magic maintain identity
getting very confused.
kids can trial anywhere surely

Reply #282847 | Report this post

Vesta  
Years ago

Why would you play Div 3 and below for west when you could do it for half the cost with magic?

If thats the case, West will be broke within 2 years.

Reply #282848 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Half the cost and half the quality

Reply #282859 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Well done BASA, you have backed a division 3-5 club over a district club(WW). You stink.
You should be called NBASA - No Balls Assocuation of South Australia.

Reply #282864 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i think i agree Omar - seems little BSA hell bent on getting rid of WW - when it was there stuff up that allowed them into comp in first place by raping and pillaging WW players - remember those threads well and also took share of Bearcats as well - my how the worm has turned. Thought many left because too much heat on in Div 1 and 2 and wanted to play lower div. How much talent in there in wesrtern suburbs to expect to form an association -
Melbourne model is pie in sky for Adelaide - for a start they have more stadium per percentile than we could only dream about.

Reply #282880 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

Western Magic will have div 3,4,5
West Adelaide Bearcats will have div 3,4,5

West Adelaide Bearcats will have div 1 and 2 players from both Western Magic and West Adelaide Bearcats

There will be no change of name so no matter how many names people come up with the name wont change

Reply #282883 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

P.S. BSA had nothing to do with this it was all West adelaide and western magic

Reply #282884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Small minded people scared of change

Reply #282885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WestBearcub you are wrong.

BSA have been pushing for mergers in the Western suburbs for 3 years now.

First they tried to get all 3 to merge, West Adelaide refused and walk out.

Woodville and Western got close but emotion and a loss of the Woodville indentity ended that.

This is the third attempt and this will not happen.

Assocations will not work in Adelaide. We are not Melbourne. No matter how hard BSA and Sturt try to push this it will never ever work.

This West Adelaide/Western Magic merge/association/agreement will never get the support of the true West Adelaide members.

And thank god for that.

Reply #282886 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

There is no merger...................

Reply #282890 | Report this post

ballboy  
Years ago

Anon 2886 I think YOU have it all wrong

I'm amazed at peoples assumptions with absolutely no information to back up their flakey arguments.

At least wait until all the information is presented to Club members, then get on here and bleat till your hearts content with facts to back you up.

If you do not have first hand knowledge of what happens behind closed doors from BOTH parties perspective don't guess.

As to thinking your opinion represents the majority of Club members feelings think again.

Reply #282896 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

Anon from who ive talked too most people are happy with this merger, people from both clubs i should just add

Reply #282898 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

sorry not a merger a forming of an association

Reply #282899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So will the div 3,4,5 be able to freely move between clubs and teams. If not then wont this mean more rule changes out of BSA.
Just what this competition needs more rules which will leave to more flaws then we currently have because the powers dont follow through on all steps of a bylaw.

Reply #282902 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Western Magic will have div 3,4,5
West Adelaide Bearcats will have div 3,4,5

West Adelaide Bearcats will have div 1 and 2 players from both Western Magic and West Adelaide Bearcats

so tell me why i would play for western magic whats the advantage - i might just play for bearcats from the beginning - why will i want to have to swap clubs

when one shop stop become a bearcat from the start
get rid of the middle man simple

i got uniform for my kids i not swappping it for a magic uniform never NEVER NEVER

Reply #282920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No matter how hard BSA and Sturt try to push this it will never ever work.

I just KNEW this was Sturts fault!

Reply #282922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there any BSA money, I mean all ten district clubs money, helping to support this or as an inducementy to set this up like maybe something which maybe happening at Norwood?!?!

Reply #282924 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

wtf 924 please exlain your thoughts in english that means some sense

Reply #282945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new div1/2 strips will be essentially identical to the currant west adelaide bearcats only differing by having a wand in one hand with the existing basketball in the other!

Reply #282946 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

magic and name ??

Reply #282970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its funny how people have no idea and keep typing shit it will all come out at the information day on the 25th there is one for west members at the port and one at st clair for magic members same day so wait 5 more days and it will all be reveled so keep all your questions till then!

Reply #282995 | Report this post

It funny how this whole thing is shit and you try and polish the turd when it should've been flushed.

Magic's and BASA are a severe case of diarroeha and they are serving their Bum Soup at West Adelaide on the 25th.

Reply #283002 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

how is this thing bad. Everybody is complaining about it i think it levels the playing field for all clubs and makes it easier for us western suburbs who have been competing for players for years

Reply #283012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western magic should just disappear,west will take them over completely sooner or later or was that woodville or both?

Reply #283147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand Magic fees are lower than Bearcat fees. Why then pay more to stay at bearcats at Div 3 or lower. You might as well save the money as you will not be precluded from playing Div 1 or 2 if you are good enough.

To stop this happening does this mean a change in fee structure which if bearcats reduce theirs to Magic levels then there is less money coming into the club or if Magic increase theirs to bearcats level then they are no longer a cheaper imitation club. Or there is a middle ground somewhere where both of the happenings above occur but to a lesser extent!!

Reply #283165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand Magic fees are lower than Bearcat fees. Why then pay more to stay at bearcats at Div 3 or lower. You might as well save the money as you will not be precluded from playing Div 1 or 2 if you are good enough.

To stop this happening does this mean a change in fee structure which if bearcats reduce theirs to Magic levels then there is less money coming into the club or if Magic increase theirs to bearcats level then they are no longer a cheaper imitation club. Or there is a middle ground somewhere where both of the happenings above occur but to a lesser extent!!

Reply #283166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fee structure at Magic is low because the trainings are only 1 hour long,you get what you pay for and that is 4 hours less than at the cats monthly.

Reply #283194 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

and west want to train less - i dont think so. Middle ground fees - not happy if getless training - kids need more noyt one hour a week . seriuosly and till what age level - maybe under tens but and under 12 surely not. Social culture - shot a few hoops and eat an ice cream.

Reply #283205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic trainings are two one hour cessions a week,and you are wright we love our ice cream.

Reply #283324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic trainings are two one hour cessions a week,and you are wright we love our ice cream.

Reply #283325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well my team trains 2 1.5hr trainings a week and if you can last a training with them I'll buy you and ice cream stop ASSuming things if you don't wanna be apart of this great thing happening you have choices but these 2 clubs are pioneers in south Australia and it deserves support from the members not negative sledging find something else to hang you woes on

Reply #283369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree ,there is a great thing happening just about to reveal itself to the broader public.My kid gets a rather intense workout for his 1 hour training,if you dont believe come and watch magic in action.

Reply #283370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomorrow all will be reviled at the members info day.But how much will be answered the question is now?

Reply #283581 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"Western Magic trainings are two one hour cessions a week,and you are wright we love our ice cream." IS THAT YOUUUUU SPAAAADGE???????????

Reply #283586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have the two made an association after the members info days or did everything go the same as with woodville?

Reply #284278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably a toilet deal since all is quiet on the western front.

Reply #284451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds lie woodville people hoping it doesnt so they have a fighting chance of staying alive!!

Reply #284521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

before im jumped on i was meant to type "like"

Reply #284522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors and Magic =logic,Bearcats and Magic=WTF!,Come on guys you share the same stadium for god sakes just do yourselves a favor.Together you will have 56 teams to feed the top divs with.

Reply #284584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic and Bearcats are a done deal. The Association of these two clubs will dominate over Woodville.

Reply #284974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow - dominating over Woodville. Now that is an achievement to aspire to!!!!

Reply #284993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WEST ADELAIDE BEARCATS will rock in the 2010/11 season. FORRESTVILLE beware!

Reply #285026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What color is the new association div1/2 teams?

Reply #285243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The strips are mainly black-have a look at wests new ABL tops in photos.

Reply #285274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive seen them,they look heaps cool.Still different to the ABL because writing is white.

Reply #285409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF where is everybody getting this misleading info from,there is no association between the 2 clubs so how can we comment on uniforms?Both clubs have independent try outs to each other and there is no agreement for coaches to be at each others trys.Western ia as before all alone in its own playing in the bottom of the barrell divisions trying t o scrape something up whilst being down there.Nobody wants to be seen having a coffe with them,bye bye western suburbs supercats-HAHAHAHAHA!

Reply #285741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic players have been invited to Wests try-outs,where do you get your info from?And of course Magic has independent try-outs because this is for their div 3+4+5s .So far the clubs have formed a partnership ,and i am shore when the negotiations have been all done the two will have a ripper association probably by the winter season.OK Magics players may try out for other clubs,but will their own coaches be at them-i think not.

Reply #286048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville Warriors should have done the same as West did,sort of agree to form an association then get Magics players to try out-only to shaft them after by taking all the good players and after they are settled at the port tell Magics leadership thanks for the players now be on your way little club.

Reply #286371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754