Anonymous
Years ago

Denver's Debacle Big Man Story Continues

Now it seems the Nuggets are on the look out for a Big Man for the 4 consecutive off season.
Who would be the best suited signing in anyones eyes?

Heard they were looking at players like:
Andris Biedrins - Golden State

(Jermaine O'Neal - F/A & Udonis Haslem - F/A) who have both meant to have signed deals respectively

And a few others, does anyone have any clues and does anyone think Coby Karl and Brian Butch have their chance with the Nuggets, or do they go with Othella Hunter (6ft 8') who had a 19pt game against the Knicks on Sunday (american times)

Topic #23347 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Nathan Jawai!

Reply #282357 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Al Harrington is the latest rumour

Reply #282364 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

They are going to struggle to get a big man from the NBA. Alot of them have already been picked up..not sure about Yao Ming..anyone know about him?

I reckon the Nuggets should look to Europe; quality big men are growing on trees over there.

Reply #282366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Harrington would be great, good big and can run the floor but probs as not as good as he used to...

Reply #282369 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I guess I don't follow the Nuggets closely - I would have thought Nene, Andersen and Kenyon Martin was a decent start in the big-man department?

Reply #282372 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Anderson and Martin are injured and heavily banged up.

Nene has his moments with injury and likely to move at the end of his contract.

They could do with another, but they always get injured in Denver.

Al Harrington is a good man. Looking to Europe is a good option. Giving our own Nathan Jawai a chance is worth a shot too.

Reply #282373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Louis Amundson

Reply #282374 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Shaq?

If he doesn't sign at Miami for minimum wage i'd be very surprised.

Reply #282378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai is extremely over weight and has zero offensive game, i know everyone wants to see the Aussie's do well, but you cant always just assume he should get a chance based on what he roduced in the NBA so far. The nuggets are after players such as a Harrington, as reported on Hoopshype.com, so i dont think theyd see Nate in the same category as him.

Reply #282380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares he's an Aussie sign him up. There's nothing wrong with a bit of beef on the young lad. Aussie Aussie Aussie!!! BTW sign Mills, Newley, Ogilvy, Barlow and Ingles aswell. Dam i wish Bogut could play this World Champs we would carve up with a 2nd rate USA side and no Pau for spain, No parker for France and no Ginobili for Argentina. I bet the USA purposely put oil on that rim so Bogut would slip off it cause they knew they were in trouble this World Champs.

Reply #282392 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

MACDUB, Yao accepted his player option from Houston and will be staying for this year at least. He will be an unrestricted FA next year if the rockets don't extend his contract before the next offseason.

I don't think the Nugs are as bad up front as most people seem to indicate, they just need to sign a capable backup with their MLE and see how things pan out with Martin's injury. If it doesn't work they can then look into trades.

Reply #282396 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Nene, Birdman and Kenyon will be right to start the season. I don't see how that is a 'debacle' for the Nugs?

Reply #282400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've signed Al Harrington. 5yrs/34mil. Seems pretty reasonable...

Reply #282401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit on a stretch calling Al Harrington a big man even though he is 6-9. Doesn't rebound and does nothing but jack up 3's (should go down well with JR Smith), career SF.

Nuggets just got worse.

Reply #282405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al will have better stats then you will ever get. Great signing for the nuggets. They needed some scoring presence from the outside from one of there bigs so melo just has more spave in the lane and with good shooters like billups and JR on the wing and Al at the top of the key they should have many scoring options.

Reply #282416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Al will have better stats then you will ever get
That's quite the comeback.

Reply #282418 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

lol @ sayng sign jawai. Im aussie, but fact is, jawaii on this level is fucking shit. Fat, moves slow, no offense. sucks on defense cause he never rotates and doesnt do a lot of 'help' defense.

as a nuggets fan, I dont think we really have a debacle on our hands, and kmart and the bird will be ready to go come december.. For the last 7 years we have never been a 'big' team and havent had a legit 7foot starting centre for a while but I like our team like that.

Saying all that, we do obviously need another big presence in the paint, hopefully we can find that before october!

Reply #282424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Isaac it was a great one. About as great as the way you administrate this website. Stop dissing basketball players come on. Nate has Made it to the best Basketball league in the world so you have to commend him on that and everybody has Flaws in there Game besides MJ, Lebron, Kobe and Awvee Storey.

Reply #282427 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

Hahaha. Gold. Everyone is getting smashed. Well my take on this is obviously a little different from peeps here. If I was a Denver supporter, I'd be very worried about this signing, simply because you are signing a poor mans carmello. Sign and trade still coming? Getting insurance at the 3 4 for a mid season trade if carmello decides he isn't coming back and Denver want to get something for him from new York?

Reply #282438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Harrington is not worth that kinda money. Not a bad player but not worth what they paid.

Reply #282441 | Report this post

themojojedi  
Years ago

I'm with Chewie on this one, poor man's Melo. Not a bad player but where does he fit? Getting paid way too much for a backup 3 and if you play he and Melo at 3 and 4 (along with one of their already undersized centers) you may open up the floor on offense but you weaken your team defense, get pounded inside and on the boards.

Oh, and Awvee Storey was the first NBL import who ever made me consider the question: If an import gets suspended for the season for punching a referee or opposing player in the face would the Breakers be allowed to sign a replacement import or would the import spot be suspended for the season?

Reply #282447 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac, and Anon after this comment:
"Bit on a stretch calling Al Harrington a big man even though he is 6-9. Doesn't rebound and does nothing but jack up 3's (should go down well with JR Smith), career SF.
Nuggets just got worse."

Harrington finished with a season average of 17.7 pts a game, and 5.6 rebounds...

Enough said: at least you know that he is rebounding and if he is shooting he's definately finishing if he's averaging 17.7, plus we cant forget the 41 for 50 game when Melo dropped 50 on Harrington, but did finish with a career high 41??? so at least we know he can score and with with both Birdman & Kenyon out at start of season so it will likely be Nene and Al starting big boys...

Reply #282454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im with Dan,
plus he is capeable of playin both the 4 or 3, i believe its a good acquisition. And if he can bang the 3 ball well good on him, as long his shot selection is controlled.

Reply #282455 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I'm not criticising Al - just saying you don't need to have averaged 20 PPG in the NBA to talk pros and cons of athletes. Might rub you the wrong way if someone only lists cons, but arguing the point is probably your best response in that case.

Reply #282465 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

Okay now im confused?
Has Harrington signed or has he just agreed in principal? Because the Nuggets have just re-signed Anthony Carter and brought in Sheldon Williams from the Boston Celtics, is this to replace Malik Allen?

What does people know bout the situation...

Reply #282589 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I think my real issue with this thread is the use of the word 'debacle' in the title: it's a noun where an adjective would be a better fit.

Problem: there's no adjective for the noun 'debacle' (like 'catastrophic' for 'catastrophe' or 'disastrous' for 'disaster')

Solution: I unveil the new word 'debacluous'!

#yesimbored
#whatsthisgottodowithbasketball?
#wordnerdsareannoying

Reply #282595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754