raddish
Years ago

Programming of Reserves etc

Can anyone explain why Centrals played Souths at Morphett Vale and just what BSA's plan is to retain players in the reserves and U21's when they run schedules like this? Surefire way to add to the drop rates is to keep programing out of town.

Topic #23349 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

lots of teams are getting programmed at MV on tuesdays nights, not all of the games involve Southern.

Unfortunately midweek games are subject to the availability of stadiums and since there are only three courts at the Dome BSA is forced to branch out. It was your turn to head down south big deal. My team has played three games down there this season, all 9:40 games, but we deal with it.

Reply #282415 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

BSA has been painting the new 3 pt lines in some stadiums, that had to be done some time, so school hols prob the best.

Reply #282431 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

THe same reason that South play South at M-Vale in the juniors?

BSA has no idea about planning, club income, home and away fixtures.

If you play Under 20 Div Boys and Under 21 Div W for some clubs, you never get to play at home , so what is the big deal

BSA Comp committee will hopefully get new blood soon that understands that clubs run deaper than Div1 and 2 and the other Div's are the heart sould of your club.

Reply #282432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lower Div's may be the heart and soul but you will always have to bow to the upper division getting pick of the home courts in the home and away battle especially in a 2 court home stadium.

Reply #282433 | Report this post

Same issues, different year - get over it.

Reply #282446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed 'annon'.

Also,

Love how the general attitude is like your 'pickles ex-housemate'. "Just get over it". Yes, that's what we do with problems in our basketball program, just get over the crap instead of taking up the real issues. Don't bother challenging anything. You tool. Like most people on this site, you're just a tool.

Reply #282473 | Report this post

I suggest you get off your backside and actually speak to your club or ring BSA to discuss the issue if you're so concerned.

BSA has rather more significant issues to deal with than the programming issues discussed here.

If you invested more time in seeking some action through relevant and productive conversation with BSA, rather than devote 2 lines to just agreeing with someone and 4 to calling me a tool, you might get somewhere.

My post was merely to point out that this issue has gone on for many years. I don't see it as being big on BSA's priority list.

Reply #282500 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Like you Anon 500 you faceless creep.

Reply #282503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL - having to play at Morphett Vale is a "real issue"?

Keep serving it up when deserved to the real tools ex-housemate!

Reply #282520 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

If I may, BSA seems to have 3 courts available for Reserves on Tuesday nights Dome, Pasadena and Morphett Vale
The last time South played centrals it was at the dome thus a northern(ish) game if it is close to a home and away style structure then a game at Morphett Vale is the only option.
Centrals get shafted because a home game for them is at the Dome still a 35km drive (yuck) from Starplex, South home game is either Morphett Vale or Pasadena either way its at 6km-15km from marion stadium.
Yeah teams have to travel but in a district competition I think BSA is doing a fairly good job to accomodate with the facilities they have. I for 1 would rather travel to either the Dome, Pasadena or Morphett vale then have trips to every teams home stadium, 2 trips to Starplex or Mt. Barker for reserves?... no thanks.
80% of reserves teams are within 10km of these 3 stadiums I think this may be a case of appeasing the masses. So until venues are willing to forgo a night of social where they make money we may be stuck with the system which isnt really that bad!

Reply #282524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

starplex, mt barker and morphett vale should not be venues for use in the district comp. In an effort to please everyone they are pleasing only those three.

Reply #282527 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I find it funny how people get on here and start attacking each other when they haven't got a clue about whats actually going on. PEH was simply saying this argument is done to death every year by the next lot new comers.

Most BSA stadiums run some sort of social competitions through out the week. If there were more courts readily available they would be used. BSA aren't sitting there each week behind there computers thinking "gee I wonder how we can piss people off this week." If they didn't HAVE to do it then they wouldn't.

If it's your turn to head down south, do it and deal with it.

PS #527 how are they possibly making centrals and mavs happy?? they are the two most shafted teams in the entire comp. Unless you play on a friday night and your in their div 1 team u rarely get a game at home at all...

Reply #282531 | Report this post

Cheers nutter, you're spot on.

Reply #282570 | Report this post

Charon 42  
Years ago

The question is, what sort of long term planning has BSA done to come up with the best possible outcome for developming basketball.

Most people would question whether a slap dash, fix one issue and createt two others has been the method of operation for BSa and that the current issues with both the junior and senior programs was been the outcome, especially with the U20 and reserves issues.

The problem is not that they have planned to do it. But rather they havn't planned at all.

Reply #282578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754