Jack Toft
Years ago

R17 Action

Panthers-Eagles @ Marion
M: Eagles had a fight last round and given their talent have failed to press their advantage this season. 5th spot is a disappointing position to be in given the talent they have, but face a Panthers team keen to win their last home game for the season. Eagles remind me a little bit of another Eagles (cricket) legend, Hookesy - always around the mark, but never really showed his full potential. I think his only test century was against Sri Lanka. C'mon Eagles, it’ll be easy get a ton against South, so show us why you should be playing finals. Panthers to be the entrée for the Flames main next week.
W: Eagles travelling very nicely in top spot have had a 7 win streak to seal the minor premiership IMO. Sturt could steal it, but Eagles would need to lose last two games. Unfortunately for Panthers, you’re in the way so expect no quarter to be offered this round as they will be playing to seal the deal. BSA better book the engravers for the minor premiership cup. Panthers in a world of pain, which would only end if the Eagles rest some players for next round.

Flames-Mavs @ Mars
M: Flames have set themselves up nicely for a dream run at a flag. Defence is their strong point and bottom 5 teams average a mere 61 points at Mars – now that is a house of pain! Top 5 teams average 73 points. Mavs rank in that bottom 5 so should expect some suffocating D. Should be a great game, but Flames will grab the W.
W: Flames are still without some big guns? The season slide should continue for the Lady Flames as the Tess show rolls in and rolls out. Mountain women should enjoy a win, then play their banjos all the way home.

Sabres-Lions @ Pasadena
M: In world cup terms this is Brazil v New Zealand. Sixers training this week may have tired out some Sabres, but not enough to drop this game. Lions have been like McGuyver. Have seen a lot of action, but never quite get the girl. If the Lions win, then the Sabres boys need to get some hooks on court 1 to hang their handbags.
W: Last time these teams met it was tighter than most expected. Lions moon is rising after they pushed Eagles harder than expected last week. Sabres will be disappointed if they don’t get their win.

West-North @ Port Misery
M: Rookie coach Paul Bell has delivered a minor premiership in his first year. Even if they drop the last two games and Norwood win, they will still finish top on head to head. A strong 9 win run has set this up. Well done Paul and all his team. North are yet to record and away loss, but should be very afraid. Westies men to toy with the Rockets like a cat with a mouse. Should be a disappointing night for North as their perfect away record is broken like an election promise.
W: This is when the nail goes into the North coffin. West should show their "Magic" and control the game early. North will be hoping for a Norwood loss to keep their finals chances alive. North need to win to control their destiny, but West will show their depth.

Warriors-Tigers @ St Clair
M: “Tigers, Tigers, come out to play-ah”. Warriors men took out Norf last round and should take out this challenge against the insipid Tigers who seem to be stuck in neutral. C'mon Tigers, don't go down without a fight.
W: Tigeresses looking pretty nice at the moment. A win tonight with results going their way means definite finals action for the girls. The Warriors are languishing, but are dangerous at home, so the Tigeresses would be well advised to keep the passionfruit cruizers on ice until the final siren.

Topic #23354 | Report this topic

NBA agent  
Years ago

great job Jack Toft this is strating to become a think i look forward to each week.
keep up the good work

Reply #282543 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Mr Toft, fantastic as always!

Reply #282554 | Report this post

SSTomatin  
Years ago

I was looking at the Mens ladder and noticed that Sturt are in a good position in the playoffs.They also have a higher percentage in third.A theoritical mapping would have them lose against Norwood(Qualifier) to land the First Semi spot then win the Prelim to get in the Final.So my conspiracy theory is "Did they lose the West game or did they LOSE? the West game".My idea is based on avoiding West until the GF.It's a Physcology battle.Plausible or not?

Reply #282560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are the sabers at sixers training?

Reply #282563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #282564 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Squeal like a pig, Flames!

Dang it!

Reply #282569 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Eagles Women all over Panthers 105 to 46.

30 points to Jess Fergus, 21 to Mia

Looks like the Eagles exploded like a zit on a teenager's back.

Reply #282705 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Tigeresses over Warriors in an epic. Double overtime.

Warriors up at 3 qtr time, but 26 to 7 in fourth quarter. Huge game by both teams, Kate Mousley saving her best game of seson to seal a finals spot.

Reply #282709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West win by one! Pero with a huge alley first play of the game!

Reply #282712 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

Tigeresses into finals, great result for a young team. Looks like they're playing Norwood, but where?

Reply #282713 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Unbelievable shooting from the 5 Forestville starters.

99 points on 39/58 field goals (67%!!!)including 10/14 3's.

Apart from Johnson (5/11 - 45%) & Crockford (2/4 - 50%), the rest of the Panthers went for 10/55 (18%)

Reply #282714 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

not to be mean but i can't believe how easily the west woman won over the rockets, they put up a good fight but after lasts game 12 points a 30 point lead was weird.

west men winning by 1 in the last 30 seconds good game, comeback after being 17 points down.

Reply #282716 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No Bradley Bearcat tonight. Where was he?

Reply #282717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well norwood won by 3 i'm pretty sure. good close game

Reply #282718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think north men run the same play for pero each week, got a massive one last week vs woodville

Reply #282725 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Good win by Lady Flames without 6 players who would normally be in their roster. Jess Foley seemed to take a more active role on the bench also. Finals hopes still alive!

Reply #282747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was at the norwood game and i really like how the norwood men bench are so into the game and getting it really loud. but the only bad thing about that is that they can get some calls by doing that

Reply #282761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just looking at the norwood box scores, they had 68 rebounds 32 defensive and 36 OFFENSIVE! gotta be close to a record surely? where was brad hill aswell?

Reply #282776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hurt his groin at 36ers training

Reply #282778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville girls could not miss a shot Mahony got blocked twice from a south player no.6 great work from her. South could not shot at all.

Reply #282808 | Report this post

Rhea 62  
Years ago

Anonymous
Agree that loud, enthusiastic support from the bench is a good thing but the Norwood bench are doing ugly on steroids week in and week out, calling false fouls and travels every time an opposing player touches the ball. Fair enough to put players off, but doing this stuff to extremes is borderline unsportsmanlike in my opinion and must be making the tough job of the refs just that much harder.

I would caution the Norwood coach that while he may be buying a few wrong ref calls by encouraging (or coaching) this extreme behaviour from his bench, if it catches on and other teams follow suit, we will all have Norwood to thank for introducing a new level of ugly and intemperate behaviour to our players and supporters.

Take it down a notch you Norwood boys, there is nothing soft about playing it fair. This is a 'sport' for goodness sake.

Reply #282815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhea 62,

Obviously havent been to a Norwood mens game before. This has been happening for at least the past 4-5 years and has been instrumental in building a team culture that has resulted in the two championships and the most successful team over that period.

There is nothing unsportsmanlike about the behaviour and other teams have tried and failed to emulate the spirit that the boys show each week.

Would you rather they sit there with their hands under there bums like other teams out there or show some real passion about the game they all love to play each Saturday night. Basketball needs more of this passion to survive.

Welcome to the forum Ms fun police.

Reply #282825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754